Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lowering springs

Garrett booster

lowering springs

what fits my lebaron? stratus/cirrus? neon? pt loser? basically im trying to find a good deal on a set and im trying to see what fits off what cars, i can get a set of 2" lowering springs for a pt cruiser for 50 bucks shipped, if they fit ill get em...

Garrett booster

Re: lowering springs

-another question what non-chrysler cars springs will fit??? looking on ebay and theres tons of springs for cheap cheap cheap, scion? mustang?

turbo addict

dont quote me but i think the difference is the spring rate. i put honda civic coil over springs on my omni, just the front because the back didnt look like they would fit right? the lower spring perch is a small diameter and i thought the spring coller would slide over the perch (but i think thats only on the l-bodys?). fronts didnt fit perfect because of the upper perch, but they do work. im patiently waiting for rbryant to finish his adjustable camber plates, then it should be a good setup.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

I dont think he's talking about coilovers....

im guessing pt cruiser's use something like 2g neon springs up front and im not familiar with the rear other than its a trailing arm/torsion beam setup similar in that way to our cars..

as for the springs working... noone risks their money trying, really, so noone knows.

2g neon springs will probably work on k-car struts but might lower them too much. I have no idea on the rears as far as what cars but you can find the dimensions of the springs on some of the parts store websites and then check them against springs from other cars...

but it will be tedious. good luck.

Garrett booster

well, i got a set of 4 brand new in box 1.5" drop springs for a 2000 neon, cost me a whopping 28 bucks so i figure if they dont fit i can always resell them, adjustable too, so if its too low i can always spin the adjuster up som, well see how this works out...before and after pics will follow when i get them mounted on the car.....19 days till i get my liscense back, so its gotta wait till then....

You're confusing! stock suspension doesnt have an adjuster you can 'spin up' tp change height and coilover springs arent sold by '1.5" drop', they're sold by length and spring rate.

You have STOCK struts and NO coilovers, right?

Garrett booster

yep, these replace the stock springs and have an adjustment spacer deal built in, think coilover but an actual spring, they make the adjusters for cherokees under the name acos, these would be it, and theyre not for coilovers---heres the link to the auction----http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

Garrett booster

it replaces the stock spring and height is adjusted via the aluminum nut on the ahaft for lack of a better description, or can use without the adjusters but i think thatd be wayyyyyyy too low, they drop a neon 1.5" so im thinking around a 1.75-2" drop on the lebaron, figure i can always adjust it up some if i need to...

turbo addict

those are what i was talking about, but mine are green and i REALLY want blue. i bought mine for 50 bucks from a friend. your coils look shorter and i want that, what length are just the coils?

Garrett booster

not sure, lol, 1.5" shorter then stock neon coils? i can measure them when they come in, should be here by the weekend

turbo addict

those are coilovers

Garrett booster

eh if they wont work then screw it ill just cut off a coil all the way around

turbo addict

if they dont work for you, i really want them. ill pay a ten dollar mark up if i have to, maybe even skip a snowboarding trip this season. i called them coil over springs so as not to be confused with coil over shocks

Garrett booster

Coilovers...

Should work alright I suppose. Good luck.

those are coilovers
    but hey what do we know.

well, after you've ground off your stock perches and got those things installed, you'll be able to tell whether you can adjust the lower perch up high enough to have a good height, and if not you'll have to get longer springs..

If it had been clear that you were asking what length of coilover spring people were using on k-car struts you probably could have gotten a good answer before ordering parts, but hey, miscommunication happens. Hope those parts work out.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Most of those cheap coilovers are down right dangerous.

There are real Eibach's on ebay for $218, worth every penny.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

whats so scarry (besides thread pitch)? and i didnt have to remove the spring perch for my sleve to work, i did have to grind down the lip on the top of the strut body were the bump stop hits.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmniLuvr View Post
    whats so scarry (besides thread pitch)? and i didnt have to remove the spring perch for my sleve to work, i did have to grind down the lip on the top of the strut body were the bump stop hits.
    Crappy springs, spring perches that could be stronger if made out of Lego, set screws that don't set, the list is endless.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

i guess it is a crap shoot with the springs, set screws didnt matter because the adjustable collar fit so tightly to the strut body. upper perches werent too bad on the ones i got, but the locating ring on them could have been a little deeper ?

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Crappy springs, spring perches that could be stronger if made out of Lego, set screws that don't set, the list is endless.
    so the springs are going to snap and your suspension will bottom out and then you wreck right? not really the case....

The perches hold up fine *as long as you don't adjust them* even though they are made out of total crap aluminum and not designed very well, though I have seen quite a few different China man coil-overs and not all are created equal. Some are actually not totally crap, just mostly. The point being, is that they will hold up fine if you set it and forget it.

Springs are a total crap shoot as stated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast