Thread: Before I hook up the battery???

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Before I hook up the battery???

What should I check/be worried about? A year long project is about to come to life.

T1 being converted to T2. 1985 GLHT. T2 LM installed, T2 overlay pinned and wired to 52mm TB with TPS/AIS, T2 distributor/HEP in.

I know on a lot of other kinds of cars there are things to know about/check/beware of at this stage. What should I watch out for? I don't want to blow out any electronics.

Thanks all.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Hybrid booster

Re: Before I hook up the battery???

You should be good to go, just make sure you put the cables on the right terminal There's not much to the TII conversion so as long as you have those wires right you'll have no worries.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Before I hook up the battery???

Just make sure you have all of your grounds hooked back up, and you should be all set. That is probably the most common mistake.