Thread: top end from 87 TII complete

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

top end from 87 TII complete

I pulled this at the junkyard yesterday from a 1987 Daytona Shelby Z. It was on top of an 89 TII block. The cam has been updated with a roller type and round tooth gear. The turbo has some up and down play but it doesn't look like the wheel has made contact with the housing. It has the small can actuator and 2 1/4" swingvalve. The head is probably only good for parts it has a hairline crack at the bottom of one of the head bolt holes. (see the picture with the screwdriver it's pointing at the crack) I know the crack is not visible in the picture just trying to show where it is. The exhaust manifold has no visible cracks and the intake looks good also. Comes complete with everything shown (except the engine block I set it on to take the pictures)
    $300.00 shipped to the lower 48 states.

I know the 2 piece intake is probably the only thing anybody wants so I'll give it 10 days to sell as a package before I break it down and sell by the piece.

The engine this came off of had a lot of rod bearing material in the oil pan (one spun bearing and 2 worn down to the steel backing) so don't count on the turbo lasting very long without a rebuild.

Breaking this up see new listing. Also deleting pictures in this post.
    Last edited by larryB; 12-21-2008 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Selling by the piece now,and deleting pictures in this post.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: top end from 87 TII complete

Nice find Larry!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Wow, good deal, now if only the money fairy will show up. Interested in the turbo and 2 piece if your parting it out.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

Lucky grab! Did you get it from the pick n pull? I was just there last week wednesday and they didn't have hardly any 2.2/2.5 stuff.

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by tvanlant View Post
    Lucky grab! Did you get it from the pick n pull? I was just there last week wednesday and they didn't have hardly any 2.2/2.5 stuff.
    I found the car at U-Pick-It. I saw the Daytona a few days ago in there storage area with the hood up. I had to do a double take when I saw the intake manifold. It took me a while to realize but the car used to belong to a friend of mine, Les the president of the midwest shelby dodge club. Les sold the car a few years ago. The car still had a faded parking ticket under the wiper for being parked on the street with expired tags.
    I'm going back today to pick up a few things off of it I stashed around the yard.