Thread: extra line?

Garrett booster

extra line?

On my 90 daytona i have two lines left to figure out were they go. One is coming off the booster I hooked it to the intake manifold, the other is from a valve that is in a water line that run into the firewall the only port i have left is the valve cover is that were these lines go?

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: extra line?

The one that goes to the heater control valve on the lines to the heater core goes to the brake booster area. The one on the brake booster does go to the back of the intake.

Garrett booster

I still cant figure out the hose coming off the heater control valve. on my car the hose goes from the water pump to the valve ( next to the firewall and brake booster) then into the firewall. The hose coming off the valve goes behind the manifold. I do not see were to connect it. This is a tbi car that i have changed to turbo.Also were do i connect the vent hose off the valve cover useing an aftermarket air intake? thanks for any help.

Garrett booster

what is the function of the hose coming off the heater control valve? Knowing that might help me figure out were to connect it.

On the TBI cars there was a hose that went from the diverter valve area to the intake manifold and back from the intake to somewhere. You really don't need the valve, just the line from the water pump to the heater core and a line from the heater core to the head under the water box.

Garrett booster

so i can just plug the vent line and move on with my life lol.

Garrett booster

I figured out what the line was for while i was looking at the old tbi intake, The tbi intake is water cooled like you said. i think the line off the heater was the feed line and the return line goes to the bottom of the thermastat houseing or water box. Now that i have a turbo setup do i just plug the port on the water box or is that used for somthing else on a turbo setup. i just want to make sure I dont plug a the wrong hole.thanks
    Last edited by daytona90; 12-06-2008 at 03:46 PM.

If you aren't running a water cooled turbo, or just don't have it hooked up, you can plug the line on the water box that was for the turbo coolant return.