Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Lx & Beyond Nationals

Exclamation Better Late Than Never....I Know, Today is the 18TH!!!

TIME FOR THE 18TH UPDATE:

T-SHIRT:
    We are planning to do an official event t-shirt again this year. As we have always done in the past, ONLY forum members/vendors that are planning to attend the event will be eligible to submit pictures to be featured on this year's shirt. Both vendors and forum members are eligible to submit images for entry. We have already selected the Magnum and Charger owners to be featured this year, but we are still looking for entries for a modified Chrysler 300/300C and Dodge Challenger. If you are interested, please PM or e-mail turbobuckeye (Anthony) for details.

GATE FEES:

$100.00 - Racing (Car/Driver) / $60.00 - Car Show (Car/Driver) - - - - - for entire weekend

$10.00 (Per Day) - spectators, passengers and children 13 and over.

We understand the sensitive environment of the economy and for this reason we are NOT taking any registration fees up-front this year from racing and carshow participants. Everyone planning to enter the carshow or racing competitions will pay their entry fees at the gate this year. Chuck and I discussed this prior to the announcement of the 09 event and we are very much looking forward to seeing everyone this year but also did not want to add to any hardships you may be addressing during the early months of 2009. Hopefully, this will allow everyone to plan and save up for the event but also take care of other financial responsibilities that need your attention, as well as complete some knock-out modifications before the event!!!

WHO IS COMING:
    We are officially 5 months away from the kickoff of the 2009 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS so we think its time to get the attendee list rolling so everyone can see who is coming, where they're coming from and what they are bringing? Post up in this thread or HERE to get your name added to the attendee list.

Racing Rules and Information:

• All winners will be announced on Sunday, July 19th at the Event.
    • All facility rules apply and will be enforced by track employees during the event.
    • Drivers must have all the proper safety equipment including apparel designated by the track's sanctioning body.
    • Multiple vehicles registered by one person are allowed but there must be a driver for each vehicle. One Car, One Driver!
    • Vehicles allowed to race side by side are determined by track rules
    • All races will be run on a FULL .500 TREE
    1. Class Rules for No Limit - Quick 16 Competitions at LX & BEYOND NATIONALS Event (July 18-19, 2009):

• This is a heads-up style drag racing class designed to attract a large variety of late-model Mopar-powered LX- and LC-platform vehicles ONLY
      • Developed for all 2005-newer Chrysler/Dodge-bodied cars using a late-model Mopar-style power plant.
      • All Mopar based engines are allowed.
      • This will be an ALL RUN qualifying format.
      • A Sportsman ladder will determine running order based off Saturday qualifying round.
      • All vehicles MUST pass track sanctioning body rules (IHRA) for ET and speed. Only exceptions are decided by track.
      • All vehicles will get a minimum of two (2) qualifying pass (3 if time allows) on Saturday. That will determine your ladder position by ET and MPH (if we have a tie on ET).

2. Class Rules for Naturally Aspirated - Quick 16 Competitions at LX & BEYOND NATIONALS Event (July 18-19, 2009):

• This is a heads-up style drag racing class designed to attract a large variety of late-model Mopar-powered LX- and LC-platform vehicles ONLY
      • Developed for all 2005-newer Chrysler/Dodge-bodied cars using a late-model Mopar-style power plant.
      • Only late-model Mopar-based engines are allowed.
      • All vehicles MUST pass track sanctioning body rules (IHRA) for ET and speed. Only exceptions are decided by track.
      • A Sportsman ladder will determine running order based off Saturday qualifying round.
      • All vehicles will get a minimum of two (2) qualifying pass (3 if time allows) on Saturday. That will determine your ladder position by ET and MPH (if we have a tie on ET).

3. Class Rules for No Limit (Other) - Quick 16 Competition at LX & BEYOND NATIONALS Event (July 18-19, 2009):

• This is a heads-up style drag racing class designed to attract a large variety of late-model Mopar-powered vehicles.
      • Open to any year Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Plymouth-bodied car or truck using a Mopar power plant.

4. Class Rules for Bracket Racing Competition at LX & BEYOND NATIONALS Event (July 18-19, 2009):

• A Sportsman ladder will determine running order based off Saturday qualifying round, closest to dial-in without exceeding.
      • Delay boxes, cross-over boxes, or any "reaction-time related" electronic bracket racing aids prohibited in this class. Throttle stops and all related throttle-stop type accessories prohibited. Trans brake permitted.
      • All vehicles will get a minimum of two (2) qualifying pass (3 if time allows) on Saturday. That will help you select your Dial-In Time or your ET.

CLASS DESIGNATIONS/BRACKET:
    Bracket classes are outlined as follows:

A Bracket: 11.49-Quicker
    B Bracket: 11.50-12.99
    C Bracket: 13.00 - Slower

HEADQUARTERS HOTEL:
    There are still a handful of rooms available at the The Official Headquarters Hotel. Don't forget that the $119.99/per night rate is only good for rooms booked by February 28th. After that date, the rate will increase to $129.99/per night which does not seem like a big of a deal but could be a substantial difference for those of you arriving a day earlier and staying for the entire weekend.

STAY TUNED:
    More details still coming. A lot of items are in the works that we REALLY want to tell you about but are not ready for print just yet. We will announce more as soon as we get the green light from the parties involved.

Thank you again to everyone for your support and everyone behind the scenes helping to make the 2009 LX NATS possible. Keep bumping those threads, get those caravans organized, encourage those vendors and spread the word because this is going to be a FUN event for EVERYONE this year!!!

Anthony Carter and Chuck Green
    LX & BEYOND NATIONALS
    Founders

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Re: 2009 Lx & Beyond Nationals

I really need to rob a bank, I would love to come out if invited, embarass a few new cars,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    I really need to rob a bank, I would love to come out if invited, embarass a few new cars,
    Simon,

Tell you what, IF you can come I will even pick up your Hotel Bill
    personally...................

SO COME ON OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by BIG PSI View Post
    Simon,

Tell you what, IF you can come I will even pick up your Hotel Bill
    personally...................

SO COME ON OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuck

Honestly, I would love too, but time off work, driving, trailer etc, the bill would be 1000's, to which I don't have as this point. Maybe next year Terry and I could van pool??
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Honestly, I would love too, but time off work, driving, trailer etc, the bill would be 1000's, to which I don't have as this point. Maybe next year Terry and I could van pool??
    Was that a Mini Van JOKE ()

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by BIG PSI View Post
    Was that a Mini Van JOKE ()

Chuck
    Maybe,

I just got off the phone with the owner of a very unique and very well known LX/LC car and it will be at the 2009 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS this year!!! BIG THANK YOU to the folks that helped to set this up and make it possible. Everybody make sure you bring plenty of memory cards to capture this one in photos because its legendary.

More info coming soon......

Anthony Carter
    LX & BEYOND NATS
    Founder

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are very close to signing our Marque Sponsor.
    The company is really involved in the LX & LY Vehicles.
    Stay tuned for the Official Announcement coming the 18th of the Month.

Chuck

If you have a FAST; Daytona, Charger, Omni and you would like to strut your stuff in front of the new style Chargers, Daytonas, 300's and Challengers, now is your time to speak up.

There are going to be 6 different Classes of Racing. Of those you can enter 4 of them, one is HEADS-Up on a full tree. But you need to bring a bad ride.

Chuck

We are Proud to Announce the:

FREDERICK DODGE -CHRYSLER - JEEP as our Marquee Sponsor

7871 Market Street,
    Boardman, Ohio 44512
    330-726-2777
    http://www.frederickcjd.com/
    Attn: Bobby Frederick Jr.

For the 2009 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS

Stay tuned for Art Work and MORE Info.

Chuck

Exclamation Better Late Than Never....TIME FOR THE 18TH UPDATE

Happy 1st Day of Spring!!!...time to BUMP this to the top.

In case you missed the announcements......

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE--March 19, 2009

FREDERICK CHRYSLER JEEP DODGE
    7871 Market Street | Boardman, OH 44512 | (330) 726-2777
    MR. BOB FREDERICK JR.

Boardman, OH - Frederick Chrysler Jeep Dodge teams up with Chuck Green/Anthony Carter to become the Official Marquee Sponsor of the 2009 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS. Mr. Bob Frederick Jr. is an avid Mopar enthusiast and owner of many Mopar vehicles of his own.

We are very fortunate to have a host sponsor that is both an advocate and fan of the LX and LC cars. We are looking forward to working with Mr. Bob Frederick Jr. and his group and providing everyone with a fun LX & Beyond Nationals this year.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT--March 19, 2009

See the "G5 Posey Challenger" at the
    2009 LX & Beyond Nationals,
    July 18-19, 2009 in Salem, Ohio

The "G5 Posey Challenger" is a tribute to a part of Dodge and Trans Am racing history with the blessing of the famous #77 T/A Challenger Racer, Mr. Sam Posey. Group Five Ltd. has exclusive rights and endorsement from Sam Posey to produce the "G5 Posey Challenger" and all related memorbilia. The vehicle has been featured at the 2008 SEMA convention, July 08 Issue of Mopar Action Magazine, and May 08 Issue of Mopar Collectors Guide. For every G5 Posey Challenger sold, $1000 will be contributed to the Parkinson's Foundation on behalf of Sam Posey who suffers from this ailment.

Special Features Include:
    • Functional Side Exit Exhaust
    • Roll Cage (rear seat deleted)
    • Vortech Supercharger Kit
    • Custom Tribute #77 (Pyscho-Sublime Green) Paint and Graphics Package
    • Custom Embroidered Posey Edition Interior and Numbered Dash Plate
    • and many more features....

Big thank you to John and a special thank you to Chris Wilkins of GROUP FIVE LIMITED!!!

T-SHIRT:
    We are still looking for vehicles for the event t-shirt for the LX & BEYOND NATIONALS. As we have always done in the past, ONLY forum members/vendors that are planning to attend the event will be eligible to submit pictures to be featured on this year's shirt. Both vendors and forum members are eligible to submit images for entry. Your vehicle MUST be modified. If you are interested, please PM or e-mail turbobuckeye (Anthony) for details. We will stop accepting entries after April 18 in order to allow time for the artwork to be completed and have the t-shirts available for sale before the event.

CAR CLUBS/GROUPS:
    Car clubs/groups who wish to park as a group must contact LX & BEYOND NATIONALS at centralohiolx@hotmail.com at least (2) two weeks prior to the event to inform us of the anticipated number of cars that will be participating so we can allocate sufficient space for your group.

WHERE ARE THOSE CARAVAN THREADS?
    If you are working on a caravan or looking for a caravan, start a thread and let us know where its at so we can add it to the list. There a folks coming from Cincinnati and Columbus, OH looking for one there are folks in West Virginia looking for one. I'm sure there are many more out there.

Somebody start the thread and get the ball rolling.

Caravan 1: > Kansas to Salem, OHIO

Caravan 2: > Ontario, Canada to Salem, OHIO

Caravan 3: > LxReJx to Salem, OHIO

Caravan 4: > NEMC to Salem, OHIO

Caravan 5: > Connecticut to Salem, OHIO

Caravan 6: > Virginia to Salem, OHIO

Caravan 7: > Southeast to Salem, OHIO

Caravan 8: > Mid-Atlantic to Salem, OHIO

Caravan 9: > Texas to Salem, OHIO

Quick Reminder #1: This year's LX & BEYOND NATIONALS is in JULY, not June. We have spoken with a handful of folks and there was some confusion about which month the event is being held this year.

Quick Reminder #2: NO participant registration fees will be taken this year in advance. All entry fees will be paid at the gate at the LX & BEYOND NATIONALS.
    • Weekend Racing Entry Fee: $100 per car and driver - (Saturday and Sunday included)
    • Weekend Car Show Entry Fee: $60 per car and driver - (Saturday and Sunday included)
    • Spectators/Passengers: $10 each person/day (12 and over)

Thank you again to everyone for your support and everyone behind the scenes helping to make the 2009 LX NATS possible. Lots more info to come. Spring has officially sprung and so has the activity level for the event. If we don't respond to your PM's or e-mails right away its not because we don't want to talk to you. We will reply as quickly as possible!!!

Anthony Carter and Chuck Green
    LX & BEYOND NATIONALS
    Founders

Exclamation Sponsor Announcement: Friday, March 27, 2009

SPONSOR ANNOUNCEMENT - Friday, March 27, 2009

We would like to welcome RDP MOTORSPORT as an official sponsor of the 2009 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS. RDP Motorsport - Home of the World's Fastest Cars owned by Steve Leerentveld (Dynosteve) recently opened a new performance shop in Northeast Ohio. You name it, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep they handle it all. They also completed the nitrous installation on last year's Extreme Makeover vehicle owned by 4DEATER!

Those of you that were able to attend last year will remember Dynosteve was in attendance and racing one of the 1st production Dodge Challengers in the United States. Also he lined up against the 1970 Challenger which made it into an issue of Mopar Action Magazine.

Dynosteve has been very busy since we saw him at last year's event. He has pushed the envelope and the imagination of Challenger owners and enthusiasts around the globe by creating one of the first-known twin-turbo powered Dodge Challengers. We are excited to have RDP MOTORSPORT and Dynosteve on board this year and look forward to what surprises he will have up his sleeve for the 2009 LX NATS.

Thank you to everyone behind the scenes helping to make this happen your efforts are very much appreciated.

More information to follow......

Anthony
    LX NATS
    Founder

I would like to ask is there anyone in here that would like to attend this Meet from TURBO-MOPAR ?

Let me know if you would and what you would like to bring to race or put on display.

Chuck

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Funny thing is, I was driving around this am and saw some huge Mopar banners and a whole bunch of Chally's and Magnums I asked the guy at the gate and he said it's the SoCal LX nats today. I'm going back with the Charger after little league ball

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Funny thing is, I was driving around this am and saw some huge Mopar banners and a whole bunch of Chally's and Magnums I asked the guy at the gate and he said it's the SoCal LX nats today. I'm going back with the Charger after little league ball
    Show them Alan what a FWD Turbo looks like from the rear

Chuck

Most of them are pretty cool guys so you should be well received

Exclamation Sponsor Announcement: Friday, April 10, 2009

SPONSOR ANNOUNCEMENT – Friday, April 10, 2009

We would like to make 2 very special sponsor announcements. First, we would like to welcome back MICKEY THOMPSON TIRES, Manufacturer of forged aluminum alloy wheels and performance tires for street, drag strip and offroad applications as an official sponsor of the 2009 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS. They will be sponsoring the BRACKET RACING COMPETITION and providing pairs of tires to the winners of the Bracket Racing competition.

Additionally, we would like to welcome back DIABLOSPORT, the world leader in performance parts for Ford, Dodge, and GM gas and diesel vehicles as an official sponsor of the 2009 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS. They will be sponsoring the "QUICKEST (Unlimited) LX in the U.S." (Quick 16) COMPETITION and will be giving away many prizes to include a DiabloSport TRINITY to one lucky Quick 16 winner!!!

The DiabloSport Trinity is one of the most advanced devices of its kind on the market featuring a virtual gauge monitor, performance programmer and diagnostic code reader all-in-one. The "LX Community" knows DiabloSport well as this is the premier tuning device for some of the fastest, quickest and most exciting LX’s in the country.

Thank you to BOTH of these companies for supporting us. We are far from done with announcements for this DON’T MISS event. Stay tuned to the main threads for more news coming on April 18TH!!!

More info to follow……

Anthony
    LX NATS
    Founder

WHERE WILL YOU BE ON JULY 18TH???......

Talking

Thanks everyone for all the support, bumping those threads, getting those caravans organized and making this THE BEST LX & BEYOND NATIONALS event yet!!! If you don't see me posting up a lot its because I'm working hard to get details locked down for YOUR event. I don't take the LX community support lightly and appreciate that you all are coming to my home state of OHIO to meet new friends and old friends and have some FUN. Without all of you and your support the event is nothing.

Vendors sitting on the fence or waiting to the last minute.....time is running out. We have got to lock down many details that simply can not wait until the last minute. You know I love all ya'll and you know everybody wants to see you (we want to see you) so let's get moving and start locking down plans to get here on JULY 18-19. Make no mistake folks, ONLY the #1 vendors for the LX and SRT community will be here in 2009. Less than 3 months to go.

This is the largest LX-platform event left of the season. Don't be caught sitting at home wishing you were here.

Already 194 people on the registration list that are gonna say, "I told you so."

See ya'll in JULY!!!

Anthony
    LX NATS
    Founder

p.s. Catch updates on your favorite forum as well as these websites:

Exclamation Sponsor Announcement: Tuesday, May 5, 2009

SPONSOR ANNOUNCEMENT – Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Justin and the folks from ADVANCED AUTOMOTIVE CONCEPTS supported this event 2 years ago during its start-up when it was just a 1-day event called the Central Ohio LX Spring Meet & Greet. Again, without hesitation they stepped up and supported us last year as it expanded to a full-weekend event. We are very happy to have them back again for the 3rd year in a row as an official sponsor for the 2009 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS.

ADVANCED AUTOMOTIVE CONCEPTS is well known to the "LX Community" for bringing the innovative "halo-lights" to the lx-platform Dodge/Chrysler vehicles. Their list of lighting solutions to accent your ride and make it stand apart from the crowd include headlights, tailights, fogs, interior lighting and many more. ADVANCED AUTOMOTIVE CONCEPTS has been named the "OFFICIAL LIGHTING PRODUCT" of the 2009 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS.

They will be providing some very cool prizes for carshow participants.

More info to follow……

Anthony
    LX NATS
    Founder

Exclamation Attention Vendors!!!

LISTEN UP EVERYBODY: If you are a vendor/company or know of a vendor/company that YOU want to see in attendance at the 2009 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS have them give us a call (614.633.8033) or PM me their info and I will contact them.

201 (and counting...) LX/LC Owners and SRT enthusiast planning to meet & greet, compete in a car show and/or drag racing sounds like a pretty darn good reason to make your presence felt. For anybody sitting on the fence that thinks this is "just a forum-based event" I challenge you to go to your favorite search engine and do a search for "lxandbeyondnats" or "lx & beyond nationals".

Whether it is distance or spare time that you are concerned about there is NO OTHER event in the United States left this season that you will get a chance to showcase your products or showoff your performance upgrades or your enthusiasm/passion for the LX/LC-platform and SRT cars.

Will you be one of those saying "I should have gone" or one of THESE GUYS.

68 Days until the kick-off of the 2009 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS, LET'S GO!!!

Anthony
    LX NATS
    Founder

I would like to announce that GRIP TUNING is going to be at the
    LX & BEYOND NATIONALS.

Chris Van Sickle called me today.
    They will be there all day Saturday but have to leave Sunday in the AM.
    So if you have any questions for GRIP TUNING they will be there in person.

Be sure to check out the Extreme Makeover SRT-8 Charger of Brad Cotterman's
    that will be over by the GRIP TUNING Tent.

Chuck Green
    Co-Founder of the LX & Beyond Nationals

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast