Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $100. OFF TU 16-V, 8-V and V-6 CUSTOM ALUMINUM FLYWHEELS!!

Exclamation $100. OFF TU 16-V, 8-V and V-6 CUSTOM ALUMINUM FLYWHEELS!!

We are having a Thanksgiving Day Sale on our Custom Aluminum Flywheels for the rest of this week. These are now available for 16-Valve applications for an additional $25.

8-Valve & V-6s regular price is $325. on Sale for $225.
    16-Valve versions with crank sensor notches regular price is $350. On Sale for $250.

Limited Time Only. NO RAINCHECKS.

Here's the link below:

http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/prod...roducts_id=251

We appreciate everyone's continued support!

Chris-TU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TU Custom Aluminum Flywheel.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	11358  
    Last edited by Chris W; 11-26-2008 at 08:54 PM.
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

Re: $100. OFF TU 16-V, 8-V and V-6 CUSTOM ALUMINUM FLYWHEELS!!

Weight?

turbo addict

I want one!

Do you accept credit card over the phone now?

T

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by turbojerk View Post
    I want one!

T
    Paypal over the internet. You know how much MC and Visa charge to take your money???

Quote Originally Posted by t3rse View Post
    Weight?
    The 16-Valve versions are under 10 lbs. The 8 valve versions are probably close to that. I will check next time I get to the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by turbojerk View Post
    I want one!

T

We have been accepting CC orders over the phone and off our site for about 2 years now. For online orders just select "Check/Money Order" for form of payment. Enter card holder's name, billing address, CC#, Expiration date and 3 digit security code in the note section. Or, just call us with that information so we can process your order.

Thanks!

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rosie View Post
    Paypal over the internet. You know how much MC and Visa charge to take your money???
    Same as paypal, they take 3% and if you have the right connections, you can get cheaper rates for the credit cards. I pay under 2% at my shop.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    The 16-Valve versions are under 10 lbs. The 8 valve versions are probably close to that. I will check next time I get to the shop.

We have been accepting CC orders over the phone and off our site for about 2 years now. For online orders just select "Check/Money Order" for form of payment. Enter card holder's name, billing address, CC#, Expiration date and 3 digit security code in the note section. Or, just call us with that information so we can process your order.

Thanks!

Chris-TU
    Awwwwww I SUCK!!!!!! Sorry Chris. I was trying to help.

You do realize what that means right? I built my engine over 2 years ago and it hasn't blown up yet!!! I guess when I get all my stuff from you next time I can use my CC over the phone... Now that I have pay pal? Why didn't you take credit card when I didn't have pay pal?!!! It's a TU conspiracy!!!!!

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Same as paypal, they take 3% and if you have the right connections, you can get cheaper rates for the credit cards. I pay under 2% at my shop.
    Thats because the card machine rep thinks Simon is cute!
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by black86glhs View Post
    Thats because the card machine rep thinks Simon is cute!
    What's his name?...RickP
    Brad Pennington-Proud SDAC Member 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Premium Turbo Convertible 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT Competition 1 of 30

do we know what the stock weight of a TIII flywheel is about?

turbo addict

Accepts Fidanza inserts I take it?

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

and if you are making the inserts, are you going to have one that is a softer metal like the stock flywheel. i know that some folks were turned off to a fidanza because the insert metal was too hard and the clutch would slip.

Andy and I were chatting about flywheels the other day. we came to the conclusion that with the staging limiters available, the negative side of a lightened flywheel (launching a drag car) should be just about negated because you can leave the line on boost.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    and if you are making the inserts, are you going to have one that is a softer metal like the stock flywheel. i know that some folks were turned off to a fidanza because the insert metal was too hard and the clutch would slip.

Andy and I were chatting about flywheels the other day. we came to the conclusion that with the staging limiters available, the negative side of a lightened flywheel (launching a drag car) should be just about negated because you can leave the line on boost.

Brian
    I understand the thought process concering the material being too hard...but then again weren't some of the more aggressive clutches tearing up the stock flywheels?

You know...I hate when pro's and con's collide

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post

Brian
    The issue is not so much the steel insert softness as it is the heat build up. Stock flywheels allow the heat (created from disc to FW contact) to transfer from the flywheel to the crankshaft where it is dispersed inside the engine. The steel inserts in the Aluminum flywheels do not transfer the heat as well. The heat can stay in the inserts which can cause clutch slippage problems in higher HP applications similar to brake fade. These FWs are great for a DD and mild performance applications, but, for over 350HP we would recommend our lightened cast iron flywheels.

Chris-TU
    Last edited by Chris W; 11-28-2008 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by badandy View Post
    Accepts Fidanza inserts I take it?
    No, these are our custom flywheels which only accept our inserts

Chris-TU

boostaholic

How long are the 16v on sale for?

Ok how about some heat transfer compound behind the aluminum flywheel, insert and crank? might work, Aluminum does transfer heat really well, but you need surface contact which is not so good between the aluminum and insert. So maybe the heat transfer comppound would solve that. Chris, I already have your yellow plate and 6puck and a fidanza AL. Grabs and holds like mofo.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

I bought one of these for one of my TIII projects. Are there any special considerations that need to be taken into account with regards to the clutch design/materials?

The heat compond would have to be able to withstand some extreme temps and not liquify in order to resist the rotational forces. The higher the coefficient of friction is for the disk the higher the temps will be. A less aggresive disk will see lower temps. Sintered iron (RevLok) is the most aggresive.

In any case, there are usually no problems in competition applications unless the vehicle is really beat on with little time to cool down between several 1/4 mile runs. If it starts fading you just need to give it a chance to cool down.

It's an awesome flywheel for street use though which is where most people use them. It's priced right and the sale has been extended to the end of the year. If you want all out racing reliability then our lightened OEM versions is the ticket for you.

Happy Holidays!

Chris-TU

Quote Originally Posted by crazymadbastard View Post
    Chris, I already have your yellow plate and 6puck and a fidanza AL. Grabs and holds like mofo.
    That's a great combo. I knew you would be pleased. Here's a few pics of our new clutch lineup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast