Thread: Daytona Windshield

boostaholic

Daytona Windshield

I just got a call today for a windshield for a 91 Daytona Iroc/Shelby. He wanted a Mopar windshield for his car. I was able to find the last 2 on the east coast. Both at the same warehouse. I am going to have to either frieght them to my shop or go and get them. If anyone is interested in the other windshield let me know as I will buy it out for one of you since I will be going there anyway. There are still some aftermarket windshields out there but this is OEM. I do not have a price as of yet, they are going to call me with a quote later today. I own a glass shop so I get wholesale on these so it wont be too bad of a price.
    If you are restoring a Daytona, dont miss out on this.......

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Re: Daytona Windshield

Can you check the availability of the Mopar P-body ones ? Cause I need a new one and if the real thing is still available for them. I'd consider it over another aftermarket chinese made one (what its got now) anyday

Junkyard i go to in PA removes them from cars for 40$ i saw a guy get one for a 60s 300m for 40$!!!!!original

boostaholic

I do need one for my 89 t top car

boostaholic

Same glass all the way back. Mouldings are the only thing different. I will check on the P body.
    On the JY note, its cool that you can get those, we get JY tempered parts for people all the time. JY windshields arent worth it in my opinion. You end up with a windshield with 20 years worth of fade and wear. Mike, on the T Top car I would also have to check on the moulding kit on that, as I am sure you know its NS1. They are also not making any more Mopar windshields for these cars. Whats out there is out there and the rest is crap.

boostaholic

Yea im thinking if they can be found it's gonna be expensive, But see what you can find and let me know

boostaholic

Ok, the price on this OEM Mopar windhshield is $175 for the glass plus shipping to wherever. There are 2 left and one might be sold to a customer of mine. If you dont want to pay shipping, you can come by my shop and get it or we can install it for you. This car does require a moulding kit for the glass as well. I can get the P body glass as well. They would have to be frieghted in as well. Price for just the glass itself is the same. The P body also requires a moulding kit.

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

And a '91 would fit my '89?.... Why did you move further away? I would have taken you up on that as my crack is now all the way down the middle of the window...
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

boostaholic

Gary, It will fit your car. If you need one installed in your car and dont care if its Mopar glass. I can get you an OEM quality glass installed for a better deal. Mopar doesnt make the glass. Its either going to be a PPG,Crinamex,LOF or Guardian with a Safeguard stamp and Pentastar logo. I can get the same glass without the name and logo for less than half usually. For the install with an OEM quality glass and new mouldings you are looking at a little over $200. I would usually charge close to $300 on this.
    And I only live a few hours away from my old house. Come by, stop at south of the border and load up on fireworks on the way, come here and get a windshield!! Dont bring purple gatorade though. I only drink that in the summer, I like Hawaiian Punch now.

boostaholic

So can the windshield trim still be purchased? Like said mine needs replaced and before I do it I wanna have this trim

boostaholic

Do you have a hard top or T Top?

boostaholic

sorry to change topic but i had to chime in... how much would you want to do a windsheild in my non t top daytona with new glass and i might need the new rubber gasket that goes around thats like moulding...

i have to get around to getting some prices... but it came up... lol

boostaholic

It would be cheaper for you to do it in PA unless you really want to come to SC. If you choose a shop near you, make sure it isnt Safelite or one of its shops. Safelite owns Diamond/Triumph auto glass out of Kingston and Cindy Rowe auto glass as well. Most of their techs are under trained and they use crap glass. You only want OEM quality glass and you only want NGA certified shops to work on your car. They should be NGA or AGRSS certified. That install should cost around $225-$300 depending on if they give you a real good deal or not. To the person off the street I charge $300 for that install with OEM quality glass and new mouldings. First gen does not require new mouldings as they screw and clip on, T Top is a whole different ball of wax and uses the same glass with different mouldings that arent made anymore. T Top mouldings are required on a windshield install.

boostaholic

Oh and why is the fit gay anyway??

boostaholic

cuz i dont like it... lol its like a little plastic soda bottle car... and the wheels look to small.... all together... it looks like a toy

and at the end of the commercial... the fit is go... ya kno? lol

boostaholic

ooooOOOOOooooo! Now I got it. The Fit car! Gotcha, Ya I agree!

boostaholic

yea lol also i was just curious how much things were goin for.... how much if i bring my own glass?

boostaholic

Yea ive got a t top car daytona 89

I need to get one for my 84 Daytona. Fortunately it is insured through Haggerty. Do you know if the molding kit is still available for the 84s?
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

boostaholic

Whatever is out there is out there. I can look for you. I have dealt with Haggerty before. They will pay for your glass, you may be able to get them to cover the mouldings as well. On the first gens the mouldings arent required for the install like theother years. I can usually get them to pay for them and the freight.