Thread: Non Feedback Carb

Hybrid booster

Non Feedback Carb

i am looking for a carb for my circle track Onmi. need a good non feedback carb for it. it can need to be rebuilt but need all the pieces with it. can be a stocker or better yet a bigger better one.

turbo addict

Re: Non Feedback Carb

Does it have to be a Holley? You can get a Weber 32/36 DFEV that will bolt on and even take the stock air filter assembly. Go to:
    http://www.redlineweber.com/
    Click on Weber carb conversion kits....then ckick on Chrysler/Dodge, then scroll down to K cars 78-80 (Yeah, no such thing) but it's a replacement for the 2.2, 2.6 5200 series carb.

Hybrid booster

I looked at the Weber carbs before but i really need 5200 series carb. i've also heard that a Pinto carb will bolt up and is bigger but not sure if that is 100% true. i can't get caught with an aftermarket carb that does'nt look stock or the track will take it from me if i'm in the top 3. i just bought a race motor from someone getting out of my class and just purchased another Omni so i have to keep costs on the carb low. i know someone has a 5200 laying around they want to sell. thanks for the link and info.

Hybrid booster

Still looking for a carb, on a good note the Omni i just bought has a Pinto carb on it and if the guy is telling the truth he spent over 300.00 on it from the same guy that built the race motor. i still need another one for the Daytona.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2.2turboscotty View Post
    I looked at the Weber carbs before but i really need 5200 series carb. i've also heard that a Pinto carb will bolt up and is bigger but not sure if that is 100% true. i can't get caught with an aftermarket carb that does'nt look stock or the track will take it from me if i'm in the top 3. i just bought a race motor from someone getting out of my class and just purchased another Omni so i have to keep costs on the carb low. i know someone has a 5200 laying around they want to sell. thanks for the link and info.
    It's true you can use a Ford carb. When my Horizon was carb'd we pulled a non-feedback carb off a Ford Maverick and used it. Even had Motorcraft cast into the main body. Worked great.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Hybrid booster

guess i'll have to look into getting another Pinto carb from Advance Auto or Autozone and jet it because i can't find a used one, heck i haven't seen a Pinto around here at the pull a part for 10+ years.

boostaholic

I have a carb from an 83 SC. It is the 2.2 HO carb. Def needs rebuild. $25 plus shipping if you want it. I am really bad at cheching back at these threads. Drop me a PM if interested.

boostaholic

also, if you need any SC parts, I have been whoring the parts. I have 4 parts cars and lots of parts in storage.