Thread: Any difference in flow between a TI and TIII fuel pump?

Any difference in flow between a TI and TIII fuel pump?

The subject pretty much covers it. We're trying to get John's R/T running on a budget of $0.00. The fuel pump is dead but I have a known good '88 TI pump he can use. I know it will take some work to make it fit but I'm more worried about whether or not it will flow the same.

I've also got an Airtex 95 psi inline pump but it's only rated at 113 lph. That would probably be the better bet because it's almost new but I'm not sure if 113 lph is enough for a TIII at stock boost.

Thanks,

Tony

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Re: Any difference in flow between a TI and TIII fuel pump?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Hanna View Post
    The subject pretty much covers it. We're trying to get John's R/T running on a budget of $0.00. The fuel pump is dead but I have a known good '88 TI pump he can use. I know it will take some work to make it fit but I'm more worried about whether or not it will flow the same.

I've also got an Airtex 95 psi inline pump but it's only rated at 113 lph. That would probably be the better bet because it's almost new but I'm not sure if 113 lph is enough for a TIII at stock boost.

Thanks,

Tony
    IF that is 113LPH @ 95PSI, it should be good for a max of 350HP (@ .5BSFC), that's pretty good, and would only get better at a lower pressure. If you are feeding it with a hi-volume in-tank pump those two will do much more than either could do on their own. So, if the choice if stock TI or this one (or both), I'd go the latter route.

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

The 88 pump won't work without serious mods to the fuel pump hanger and the inline pump needs the intank pump working for it to work, so I'd say your SOL.

Ebay has cheap pumps on Ebay, use one out of a base Neon, that will get you moving for now.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    IF that is 113LPH @ 95PSI, it should be good for a max of 350HP (@ .5BSFC), that's pretty good, and would only get better at a lower pressure. If you are feeding it with a hi-volume in-tank pump those two will do much more than either could do on their own. So, if the choice if stock TI or this one (or both), I'd go the latter route.

Mike
    Unfortunately, the tech support guy from Airtex that emailed me said that it was 113 LPH at 0 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    The 88 pump won't work without serious mods to the fuel pump hanger and the inline pump needs the intank pump working for it to work, so I'd say your SOL.

Ebay has cheap pumps on Ebay, use one out of a base Neon, that will get you moving for now.
    We put an older TI pump in his '91 V6 Lebaron without any major problems. I mean, it took some modification but nothing too involved. I'm not really worried about making it fit, I just need to know if it will flow the same as the stock pump.

Thanks,
    Tony

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

In that case, the T1 pump will work fine.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Awesome, thanks!