Thread: cold start issue`

Hybrid booster

cold start issue`

ive noticed since its been getting cold out, when i start the van it fires rite up like normal, after about 10-15 sec it stalls out, the idle will start to get funky rite before it dies, if i punch the gas real quick it will normally stay running after that or if i dont do anything and just let it die it will start rite back up and stay running , only does it after it sits like overnite ??

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: cold start issue`

That can be a common problem with some of the custom cals that are out there. I don't know why yours would be doing it though. Is the little cap off of the TB which allows you to adjust it with a torx driver? If so you might want to reset the idle.

Get the van up to running temp, disconnect a large vac line such as the brake booster line, let the van idle super high for a good 5 seconds or so, unplug the AIS, plug the vac line back in, adjust the idle to 900RPM with the torx driver, turn off the car, plug the AIS back in and start her back up.

Your base idle will be reset and it might get you running a little better. I can't think of anything except for the AIS acting up or TB being dirty (I would check that next) which would cause this with a factory cal.

Hybrid booster

Re: cold start issue`

yeah the cap was off when i got it and ive made a adjustment to it once also cause it was idling really high when i first got it, didnt realize that is how you reset it by unplugging the AIS, ill try that and see how it works , thanks!