Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: RockAuto discount code!

turbo addict

Re: RockAuto discount code!

Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
    Either that or whomever updated these codes is on vacation or has left RA employment. TD vendor page is not being updated either.
    I think all human left RA. RA sent someone else's rotors/pads/calipers but there is no one to call at RA and only line direction to follow. If I was going to return the item, "I" would have to pay the shipping fees.

turbo addict

That happened to me once. Order a OBX LSD from an ebay vendor. Received product, everything is good. About a month later I get a notification from Fed Ex that a package was delivered and was on my doorstep. Check front door and yup, second OBX that I didn't order has arrived. In this case vendor sent out a shipping label to return it. No thanks you just saved me $400, just acted as though I was returning something I ordered. Surprised he didn't try to charge me a 15-30% return/restocking fee (lol).
    And then there was the time that a long term TD enthusiast sent me a couple NOS turbos to go through before being put to use. This time it was UPS. Never received them. We had a good sized snowstorm the day they claimed to deliver them. I live on the second to last house on a dead end. Zero tire tracks in the street or driveway the whole day. I had one phone call from UPS inspector, and that was it. Fortunately the owner had them insured. It wasn't a mistake that a 40 lb. box didn't get delivered. Christmas present for the UPS driver I guess.
    Todd

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor jeff1234's Avatar

By the way. I recently bought hoses for my 1985 Charger from Rock Auto.The top hose is to short and there doesn't seem to be another choice. The bottom hose was correct. My rad is the factory one in the stock location. I think the one they are selling may be for the carbed engine or the 1.6.
    Jeff
    I looked at a friend's stock turbo engine compartment and realized that I used a caravan rad and moved it over to the last attachment point on the radiator frame in the Charger. My bad. I used the short hose for a project anyway.
    Last edited by jeff1234; 10-30-2022 at 04:54 PM.
    The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic dollars, how fast can you afford to go?

turbo addict

This should be the correct hose and part # for your application Jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1390.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	66071  

Thank you to the Turbo-Mopar staff for updating the discount code!!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Regards,
    Miles

DD '87 Sundance T1, SLH with rear disks
    '87 CSX #432 2.5 CB TII, SLH

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

Thanks I still use rockauto but they have had terrible customer service lately.

They had some brake rotors that were described incorrectly for one of my BMWs (including an incorrect picture) and refused to fix it or pay the return shipping.

It actually got worse where they refused to even give discounted return shipping after I contacted their customer service to try to correct the problem.

I also had the same experience on a cheaper part that had the wrong picture and description and they also refused to pay for return shipping on that...

They are clearly prioritizing profits over doing the right thing lately...

-Rich

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
    Thanks I still use rockauto but they have had terrible customer service lately.

They had some brake rotors that were described incorrectly for one of my BMWs (including an incorrect picture) and refused to fix it or pay the return shipping.

It actually got worse where they refused to even give discounted return shipping after I contacted their customer service to try to correct the problem.

I also had the same experience on a cheaper part that had the wrong picture and description and they also refused to pay for return shipping on that...

They are clearly prioritizing profits over doing the right thing lately...

-Rich
    They just gave me a full refund and told me to keep the parts for the window motor rebuild kits they have listed for the 87 dodge daytona. Was $45 bucks back. They did the same for the Moog bushings that are the wrong size for the cast dual control arms.

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonatom2 View Post
    They just gave me a full refund and told me to keep the parts for the window motor rebuild kits they have listed for the 87 dodge daytona. Was $45 bucks back. They did the same for the Moog bushings that are the wrong size for the cast dual control arms.
    Interesting. They definitely don't like to pay for return shipping on brake rotors.

Were the parts on closeout or normal stock?

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
    Interesting. They definitely don't like to pay for return shipping on brake rotors.

Were the parts on closeout or normal stock?
    Normal stock.

Do we have an updated code? TIA

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

updated code on first post

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345