Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here show their TD's?

Mitsu booster

Anyone here show their TD's?

I went to what was probably the last local car show of the season today. I did pretty well this year three shows and four awards (won two at one show) not bad when you consider I didn't go to the first one until July 15th. In addition to being undefeated with the Daytona I also won a couple with my Jeep this year.

Anybody else here show their TD's and if so post your results for 2008.

turbo addict

Re: Anyone here show their TD's?

Quote Originally Posted by kensz View Post
    I went to what was probably the last local car show of the season today. I did pretty well this year three shows and four awards (won two at one show) not bad when you consider I didn't go to the first one until July 15th. In addition to being undefeated with the Daytona I also won a couple with my Jeep this year.

Anybody else here show their TD's and if so post your results for 2008.
    Glad to hear that! This wasnt a show. But Saturday I pulled into a little car show they hold every weekend at the taco bell. Pulled up to check out the cars, and when I came back there was a group of older guys standing around the car asking me questions about it! I got a few stories about people test driving the shelbys and putting them into parked cars due to the torque steer that was unknown before the times.

Its pretty funny when you see people walk right past the SS chevells, to catch a glimpse of a unrestored 80's car.

Mitsu booster

The cars seem to get a lot more respect now than they did back in the day. Every time I take it out I get stories of how they or someone they knew had one of these and how fast and fun they were. It's funny that you mention SS Chevelles because yesterday I was in a class from '71-'89 that had at least 25 vehicles including 2 1971 SS Chevelles. Both were real nice cars, both went home empty handed, beat by a Turbo Z and a couple of Fieros.

boostaholic

I went to a Mopar car show once with my SC and no one bothered with looking over my car until it was judging time. Then they picked it apart like crazy. I took my daytona to a show a couple years ago and had a little bit more interest, nothing worth brgging about. I dont show anymore.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I entered my car in the SDAC car show and the one in town here. I would never expect my car to win any awards, and it didn't. People didn't laugh as hard as I though they would in the local show though.

turbo addict

My 1987 GLHS is a nice factory original car with 50k miles on it. I took it to the Music City Mopar show back in 1999. A few people knew what it was. Some really liked it. It still ended up coming in 3rd. 1st place was well deserved for the mint 1991 IROC. 2nd place went to a 1 year old Neon. I didn't even place at SDAC-12 because there were so many nice ones there.

I've taken my silver Shelby Charger to a few shows. It always gets attention at the local cruise-ins. It took 1st place in my class at the Music City Mopar show in 2004 and SDAC-15. It took 1st place in the Mopar class at a local show last year. People really seem to respect the effort I put into this car.
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

turbo addict

I've been showing my Daytona for two years and have yet to receive any awards or anything. Once in a while I will have a few people stop and ask questions about it. More than likely though, I am probably done showing it though. Some popularity contests (aka car shows) bother me when cars that shouldn't be in your class to begin with, walk away with a form of recognition. Not to mention all of the work I put into my Daytona being overlooked. Now when I finish my SC for next year, atleast I know that when I don't win an award or recognition, I will probably be able to blow the doors off of whoever does beat me

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by 85shelbycharger View Post
    I've been showing my Daytona for two years and have yet to receive any awards or anything. Once in a while I will have a few people stop and ask questions about it. More than likely though, I am probably done showing it though. Some popularity contests (aka car shows) bother me when cars that shouldn't be in your class to begin with, walk away with a form of recognition. Not to mention all of the work I put into my Daytona being overlooked. Now when I finish my SC for next year, atleast I know that when I don't win an award or recognition, I will probably be able to blow the doors off of whoever does beat me
    My sentiments exactly. I have been to several judged shows this year with my Daytona and it ALWAYS gets overlooked. It is always a popularity contest it seems here as well.

I do, however, enjoy going to local cruise nights. I seem to get more people that ask me about my car and get a lot of compliments there (must be the lack of competition, lol).

But congrats to all who have been granted the respect our cars deserve at car shows

Hybrid booster

Ive put my cars in shows before but usally because you get good parking, a goody bag and my cooler is realy close. I never have had a car that was realy show worthy but I don't let that stop me from entering.
    I think I did win third place in my class once (there were only three cars in my class)
    KO, 86 T&C Turbo II 89 Daytona Shelby 84 Stingray SVB165SS

Mitsu booster

This year is the first time in about three years that I have taken anything to a show but I decided to get it out some more this year. I have been doing this for almost 30 years now, I just like going to look at whatever people have. Cars, trucks, bikes, rods it's all cool but, the one thing I have noticed over the past five years or so is the quality of the cars. There are some people with very serious money invested in their vehicles to the point of being crazy. It's nice to get some credit with a stock 23 year old car that I have invested nothing more than the purchase price. As far as cruises I actually enjoy them more than shows. For one thing they are usually in the evenings, theres no competition to worry about and they are over in a few hours.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

I haven't shown either of my cars yet, but hopefully I can show my 90 daytona shelby vnt next summer.

I don't expect anything from doing it, other than maybe grabbing a couple people's attention with it's rarity (not many 90 shelby's in nice shape still with a vnt, when there were less than 600 ever built in the first place).

Other than that, people still see crappy daytona's delivering pizza to them everyday around here, so it'll be hard to impress too much...

Hopefully in '09 I can get the iroc r/t cleaned up nice and take them both to local shows... but that might be a little ambitious considering my '90 is still interiorless, motorless, and transmissionless right now...

Mitsu booster

Rarity is what most car shows are all about. Even when you see a dozen '55, '56 or '57 Chevs at any given show they are still a rarity in the big picture. In the past my brother and I would show both my Z and his SC together with some brochures, ads, SDAC 4 and 8 pics and other information. We got a lot of people checking out both cars and the most often comment we hear is "You don't see many of these around anymore.". If you can get both cars to a show at the same time it's a good bet most people there have not seen any of those in years. In fact that's one of the best things about our cars, other than Mopar shows or SDAC events I have not been to a local show in at least five years where another Shelby/Turbo was there.

Mitsu booster

I take my daytona to a couple shows for fun, and once this sumer took third (only 3 cars in my class)

my datona at the car show in Algonac,Mi

my third place

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by 85shelbycharger View Post
    Or shes realy hot and get a pic taken with your car and as you chase her down to get a number she tells you how nice your mustang is.

boostaholic

Ok as for me I dont plan to win anything with my rampage,and I dont figure I ever will.That also goes for the daytona Im puting togather,since I will never put the time and efort in to it for it to be as nice as the one that took firts at SDAC last year.

Mitsu booster

I just enjoy going to shows to look around. I actually took my '99 Jeep to more shows this year than the Daytona. The Jeep is a daily driver that looks no where near as good as the Daytona but, after cleaning it up in May I decided to try it in a few shows. It won a couple of awards and that was cool because I wasn't expecting to win. Of course it probably will never happen again because I do not see me putting that kinda of effort into cleaning it up again next year.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by WVRampage View Post
    Or shes realy hot and get a pic taken with your car and as you chase her down to get a number she tells you how nice your mustang is.
    Hahah, I forgot about that Luke! Yeah, my Daytona isn't even a Daytona any more...hott girls think it is a Mustang

Hybrid booster

I took 2nd with my Shelby Charger and 3rd with my Rampage at a Mopar shows FWD class a few years ago.

you'd have to be super desperate to enter any turbo mopar in a car show folks.

:-)

Mitsu booster

Your car looks great, but please explain your statement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast