Thread: In a bad spot, Great deal on an 85 SC street/strip car.

Hybrid booster

Exclamation In a bad spot, Great deal on an 85 SC street/strip car.

So I tried to sell this car when I was in Nevada and took a job in Florida, decided to keep the car, found an empty spot on a hauler and got it brought back to Florida for next to nothing. A week later my job falls through and now I'm moving back to Nevada, cant afford to ship it back to Nevada and here it sits. So here's a rundown on the car: It was on its way to becoming a full blown drag car, but as it currently sits its completely street legal and has passed smog in Nevada. When I got the car the interior was crap so it got removed, the drivers seat has been replaced with a race seat from summit and I have a second seat that was meant for the passenger side but was never installed. The door panels, sail panels, headliner, and dash are all still in the car and functional. I drive this car on the street, and while I wouldn't want to make a 300 mile roadtrip in it, its most definitely road worthy. If you had an interior from a wrecked or rusted out SC you could make this one super comfy & fast street car. Now for the good stuff, this thing is a blast to drive. Here's a quick list of the drive train related parts and mods:
    • True 89 TII common block motor (forged crank and rods)
    • All clevite bearings throughout with less than 1000 miles on motor
    • Cylinders honed with fresh sealed power rings, also < 1000 miles
    • ARP Rod Bolts professionally installed.
    • ARP 11mm head studs. (Full studs, not bolts)
    • 85 Turbo Bathtub head, fully cleaned in a Tsunami machine, combustion chambers deburred and polished, stock back-cut valves, ports matched to intake and runners completely cleaned up with a mild port job. Exhaust runners have been polished. PT lifters with proper shims and conical valve springs installed.
    • Refinished cast TBI valve cover.
    • 2-Piece intake manifold, halves port matched, intake runners cleaned up, lumps removed in intake with mounting bosses welded and reinforced. Intake neck cleaned up and ported for 52mm throttle body.
    • Mopar +40 injectors.
    • 52mm Throttle body.
    • Walbro 255 in-tank fuel pump
    • Heavily ported stock exhaust manifold (its value greatly increases if you consider the money I spent in medical bills to get the metal sliver out of my eye from porting ) Bolt pattern has converted to a standard T3 pattern.
    • 60 Trim T3 Compressor with a .63 Exhaust housing, turbo was completely rebuilt and professionally balanced at the same time engine was rebuilt.
    • Custom 3" downpipe with V-band clamp mating to the full length TU 3" exhaust and 3" magnaflow stainless muffler. Second 02 bung also installed in downpipe for wideband tuning.
    • Tial 38mm external wastegate with custom mount and seperate 1.5" dump tube.
    • Magnecore 8.5mm wires from FWDP
    • Custom 2.5" steel mandrel bent intercooler piping
    • Custom dual core intercooler with 2.5" inlet/outlets. These are the Supercoupe cores, not the much smaller turbocoupe cores.
    • HKS SSQV Blow off valve.
    • Radiator has been converted to aluminum scirocco radiator to allow for proper routing of intercooler lines.
    • Dual aftermarket electric fans on radiator with custom aluminum shroud, fans activated by both ECU and manual switch on dash.
    • Transaxle converted to 555 manual, P-Body shifter and cables installed.
    • TU 4-puck ceramic clutch and blue extreme duty pressure plate. (This clutch is very driveable on the street)
    • Electronics have been converted to 89 SMEC ecu
    • Jason Richardson's flash module installed and operating on SMEC. Calibration can be fully tuned using Chem and D-Cal, then flashed to the ecu in about a minute. No more waiting for custom calibrations from vendors, then having to send them back when you upgrade parts. Very simple to use!
    • Gauge pod on A-pillar with Autometer 20"vac-30psi boost gauge and Westach EGT gauge (probe tapped and mounted into exhaust runner #4)
    • Autometer 5" monster tach on dash, and Autometer pro-comp oil pressure and water temp gauge in dash where stereo used to be. (Who needs a stereo when you have a 3" exhaust and open external wastegate?)
    • Dawes Device A/F gauge mounted in stock gauge panel

The car does have a rebuilt title on the car, but this was basically because it was in a fender bender with the previous owner and the cost to fix the car was greater than the current value of a baseline 85 charger. Nevada does not offer the chance for a title to be returned to a regular title upon inspection, so depending on your state laws a regular title could be reinstated if you're worried about that. All the body work on the car has been done, and the car is in a flat black sealer. Dont mistake that for primer, as primer attracts water and causes rust, sealer does not. I replaced the rear bumper cover and front nose with much nicer ones I pulled off an SC in the yard here. I also have a spare front air-dam and at least one if not two spare front fender extensions. The rear tail lights have also been replaced with the much cooler looking (in my opinion at least) early model charger/turismo tail lights.

Along with the stuff already installed on the car, you'll also get an awesome spares package. And by spares package I mean everything TD related I own.

• A-413 turbo auto transaxle with Cheetah reverse pattern manual valve body installed
    • Spare SMEC ecu that has already been socketed. I also have several spare chips for this ecu that will come with it. So if you dont feel comfortable with tuning via d-cal and chem yet, you can install the socketed board and chip.
    • Set of pizza wheels with decent street worthy tires on them
    • Nice "C casting" common block
    • Good 2.5 crank
    • A box with all the internals for a common block motor minus pistons, so spare rods, hardware, etc.
    • Spare body parts, air damn, fender extensions, and other stuff that I'm sure I'm forgetting.
    • Very good condition 2-door l-body window scrapers

Like I stated the car is currently in Boca Raton Florida, I'm trying to leave here by Oct. 20th, so need this car gone quick. Here are some pics of the car.

Looking to get $2400, for the entire package, which is a great deal considering all the time and parts that went into this car, as well as the extra parts you get along with the car. I also have a set of very low mileage centerline storm wheels mounted with M/T 24.5 x 8 drag slicks in the front and Moroso DS-2 skinnies in the rear, that I can throw in for a super low price, if not I'll keep them and they'll go on a new project (eventually ) Probably the quickest way to get ahold of me is at tylerbrower@gmail.com. Thanks for looking!

Hybrid booster

Re: In a bad spot, Great deal on an 85 SC street/strip car.

Anyone? Someone make me an offer, need to get rid of it!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

no promise........... let me charm the wife. Or is that beg and plead.

Hybrid booster

Haha, alright, let me know. I'll make you a hell of a deal on everything if you want it. I'd like for it to go to a good home.

turbo addict

What's the asking price? I'm sure it's more than I want to spend right now, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

Hybrid booster

Asking $2400, but I'm a "Motivated Seller" right now

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Mario's Avatar

Sad to hear the situation. Beautiful car and love the fab work you put into it. Hope it can somehow find it's way home or into the right hands. Best of luck to you.
    Mario Di Cesare [url]www.boostedmopar.com[/url] 1985 Dodge Omni GLH - The Original "BOOSTBOX" 1991 Spirit R/T - "Grandma Boost" [url]http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=270429&postcount=1[/url]

Hybrid booster

how much would it be to bring it back tyler? i might be able to help, unless you need the dough to fund the move in which case i understand.

turbo addict

That seems like a smoking deal. If only I had a way to get it to TN.
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

turbo addict

Yup, looks like wayyyy too much fun for the money, I dig the "Darth Vader, your TD is here" look.

Hybrid booster

Sold! Going to a good home at a good price. Buyer is a forum member, so I'm sure you'll see it around.

Garrett booster

Damn, what a steal. Hopefully you'll be back in the game soon Tyler.

Glad you sold it, otherwise myself and a friend were planning on coming by soon with a trailer.

Is anything left from the parts list?