Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 16-valve Gt ball bearing turbo project

Garrett booster

16-valve Gt ball bearing turbo project

I just want to thank Chris for all his help in turning my Spirit r/t into a street monster. I purchased his TrannyBuster version of the GT3076r and could't be happier so far. The main players in my setup now includes a stage 4 cal, +40's, 3bar, Spearco Front Mount, 6 puck TU ceramic clutch, ported exhaust manifold, TrannyBuster GT3076r, OBX lsd, afpr, Innovate wideband guage.
    All thought I need some more tweaking, the car is extremely fast and smoothe power delivery. I currently have the boost at about 19 to 21psi for now on pump 93. My fuel pressure is at 43.5 and wideband has never registered over 11.2 uder high boost and it usually is around 10.5 if I don't push it all the way to 6500 rpm. I can control my boost with the throttle so streetability is good also. The boost starts to come on around 22-2300 and hits 10 by about 31-3200 and all of it is in by about 36-3800 which is not bad with this turbo. It sounds like a harrier jet under your hood and once it hits about 10psi----HOLD ON!
    My powerband is a little on the high side and my timing might even be off a tooth on the intake and if so it would spool a little sooner even. The car is not a dog at all anyway and moves along pretty good without using any boost. I'm not to worried about it. I will get my mechanic to check it sometime. I have not raced it with anyone or had it dynoed yet but anyone who has ridden in it says that it is the fastest car they have ever been in. Thanks again Chris. I will try to get some pictures at somepoint but will be extremely busy the next several days.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: 16-valve Gt ball bearing turbo project

Sounds like a sweet setup, how about some pics?

Quote Originally Posted by omni_840 View Post
    Sounds like a sweet setup, how about some pics?

Here are a few photos of what Mark received from us. We will have to wait on Mark for the install pics.

Well Done Mark Glad to hear things came together so well. We look forward to seeing your dyno numbers and track times in the near future.

Chris-TU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phpWC4vMxPM.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	10487   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GTDBB Photos for TIII.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	10488  
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

You're carrying the ATP ultimate swingvalve now Chris?

Nice setup tazaroo, car must scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo3Iroc View Post
    You're carrying the ATP ultimate swingvalve now Chris?
    Yes we are, but, it's just temporary. I'm not saying any more

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Garrett booster

I'll appreciate the compliments. I wll be away for several days. Maybe I can gets some pics after that.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Darkapollo's Avatar

that turbo is too small.. you should sell it...

to me....

Very nice set up it! it sounds like it should be a fun little sleeper

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    Yes we are, but, it's just temporary. I'm not saying any more

Chris-TU
    whats really going on?

I bet the 3076R on a TIII car would be the ultimate street turbo. It's fantastic on an 8V, and works amazingly well on the 4G63's.

It's such a flexible turbo too. We've pushed one to 540 AWHP on a DSM on a .63 AR T3 housing. They will go well beyond the right edge of the map. Nice stuff guys.

Quote Originally Posted by shellboy View Post
    whats really going on?
    It will all come out over time.

Chris-TU

turbo addict

Good to hear Chris!

Quote Originally Posted by 8valves View Post
    I bet the 3076R on a TIII car would be the ultimate street turbo. It's fantastic on an 8V, and works amazingly well on the 4G63's.

It's such a flexible turbo too. We've pushed one to 540 AWHP on a DSM on a .63 AR T3 housing. They will go well beyond the right edge of the map. Nice stuff guys.
    Thanks Aaron! TU has been extremely pleased with the HP numbers these DBB turbos will support. That's why we began offering them as soon as they were introduced by Garrett.

BTW- I talked to Mike. We'll be doing some business together I appreciate the referral!

Chris-TU

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    Thanks Aaron! TU has been extremely pleased with the HP numbers these DBB turbos will support. That's why we began offering them as soon as they were introduced by Garrett.

BTW- I talked to Mike. We'll be doing some business together I appreciate the referral!

Chris-TU
    I'm headed up to check out his car in a few hours. I'm thinking it's going to run a lot better in a few weeks.

He asked me how much I was paying you for the kind words, so it must've been pretty good. Thanks!

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by shellboy View Post
    whats really going on?
    Maybe something that wont be such a pain in the butt to get preorders for

Hybrid booster

well im crossing my fingers

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Prefabricated 3" V-band downpipes to go with the ATP swingvalve for our cars would be the greatest thing since pajamas with butt flaps. Just sayin..

Custom downpipe > prefab stuff anyday. Just gotta know the right people coughJacksoncough.

Well I have the TU 3" prefabbed downpipes on three of my cars...they are nice and do the job well. Now if only I could get something just like it, except with an integrated flex bellows and V-band to attach to the ATP piece. I shudder to think of what the local exhaust shop would make for me, and I highly doubt Jackson is going to drop everything and make me a downpipe...sounds like he's pretty busy!

He is pretty busy. But, he is worth the wait. imo. I dont like the design of the atp piece. The bend is to sharp and if your going to spend the money, you want to make the power obviously and I just dont see spending good money and staying internally gated. But, different strokes, for different folks. I wouldnt pay the money for a GT series turbo either though. I will put my holset up against the 3076r any day. But, some people love them, its all a matter of opinion.

Yeah I'll probably be staying with internal wastegated turbines for my cars; nothing too large as I put too many daily driver miles on my cars and the closest track is over 100 miles away (not to mention ~5k ft elevation).

That downpipe Jackson made for you is just awesome...but the only thing I don't like is that you are stuck with using that Holset turbine housing you have. If something goes wrong with the turbo, you could be looking at longer downtimes since there aren't many things that will bolt up in it's place. Whereas the ATP piece uses the standard T3 flange setup, which arguably has the most options and there are tons of 'drop-in' choices. I don't follow you on your opinion of the ATP piece....there is no bend at all, and I don't see how anything else with an internal gate could possibly flow more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast