Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lancer window felt/scrapers/etc...

Hybrid booster

Lancer window felt/scrapers/etc...

Searched the archives and didn't find anything. Can't get onto Turbododge.com to search either. Anyone have this issue resolved?
    Waiting for them to show up at the yard over 2 years has worked for the GLH but I don't have that long on the Lancer. That long being 2 years. I'm not sitting at the paint shop waiting for an answer or anything

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Re: Lancer window felt/scrapers/etc...

It was someone on turbododge who rebuilt their beltline weatherstrips using a generic piece from JC whitney. never did understand exactly how they did it (pictures were confusing to me) but it looked factory

Hybrid booster

For the lancer? I thought it was for an omni. are the pictures linked anywhere else?

No, it was mwrenn I think and it was for his Shelby Lancer. Unsure as to how he did it, but have done some work with him, and is a good guy and would help you out with any questions.

Mitsu booster

Hey, just happened across this thread, I'm usually a lot more on TD than here, don't even know if I can post pics here. lol Rosie, let me know what your questions are, and I'll try to help you out. The window scrapers I made for my SL look like factory new ones.

Mitsu booster

OK, here's the link to the TD thread. http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f8/...ney-seals.html

Later...

Hybrid booster

Sweet. That just leaves the felt and the triangles. I have a bead on some for sale pm'd to me. Just waiting on pics and rent week to come and go

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Anonymous_User's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mwrenn View Post
    OK, here's the link to the TD thread. http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f8/...ney-seals.html

Later...
    i don't imagine I could convince you to post the information over here for those of us that are not allowed over there?

Hybrid booster

The pics are in the post so you CAN see them without logging in. Gawd those ads are obnoxious.

I would just download the pictures, crop about 80 pixels off the bottom and BAM! Just regular old pictures on the intarweb.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Mitsu booster

I'll see if I can get the pics over here later tonight.....

I'll see if I can get the pics over here later tonight.....
    If you need me to upload them so you can post them in threads here, just LMK and email the pics to tonyz2897@aol.com.
    I'm getting ready to pull my Spirit apart for paint and I'm interested in restoring my window scrapers as well.

Tony

Man, I'll download the pics, crop and post if need be. I'm bored and am waiting on others to for things to do at work right now.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

@mwrenn:

After looking at your thread on the other board, could sheet metal angle be substituted for the aluminum channel and pop rivets substututed for the screws? If so, then I have everything short of the weatherstripping already on hand to try this.

On the subject of the weatherstripping, anybody care to take a guess as to how many feet I'd need to do all 4 doors on a Spirit? The car isn't here or I'd measure...

Thanks,
    Tony

I would plan for 15 feet. That gives 44 inches per door which is more than enough, but that's better than not having enough. Depends on how expensive it is, but err on the side of too much. Don't skimp to save a few dollars and need to order more later.

I have a 2 door L body and I think at the bottom it's MAYBE 40 inches.

Mitsu booster

Sheet metal would be ok, when you get into it there's not much room to work with on the top of the door flange. About 3/8 ths to 1/2inch. I used screws to fine adjust the fit of the belt weatherstrip in relation to the metal trim. I actually had to elongate the screw holes in the door flange to make it fit good. So if you use rivets, you gotta be accurate, lol.

Tony I just sent you a hellacious E-mail with the pics. You can post them here if you want...

Oh yeah, you will need four belt moldings, they are 36 inches long I think...

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    I would plan for 15 feet. That gives 44 inches per door which is more than enough, but that's better than not having enough. Depends on how expensive it is, but err on the side of too much. Don't skimp to save a few dollars and need to order more later.

I have a 2 door L body and I think at the bottom it's MAYBE 40 inches.
    Looks like they're sold in 48" sections @ $20 ea. So I guess it's looking like $80 to do all 4 doors. That's not too bad considering. If the scrapers are short enough on a 4 door that I could get 2 out of each piece, that would be even better.

Sheet metal would be ok, when you get into it there's not much room to work with on the top of the door flange. About 3/8 ths to 1/2inch. I used screws to fine adjust the fit of the belt weatherstrip in relation to the metal trim. I actually had to elongate the screw holes in the door flange to make it fit good. So if you use rivets, you gotta be accurate, lol.

Tony I just sent you a hellacious E-mail with the pics. You can post them here if you want...

Cool. I'll check my e-mail and get the pics posted up here.
    Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0521.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	228.4 KB 
ID:	10504   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0522.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	155.2 KB 
ID:	10505   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0523.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	164.5 KB 
ID:	10506   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0525.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	300.1 KB 
ID:	10507   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0527.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	345.7 KB 
ID:	10508   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0528.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	301.8 KB 
ID:	10509  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0529.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	381.7 KB 
ID:	10510  

I just wonder if the pieces attach the same way on a Spirit as they do a Lancer. I could swear there are screws going into the ones on the Spirit that require the window to be out to get to. If that's the case, then there may already be a surface there that's perfect to attach the new weatherstripping to as-is. I'll look at it closer when I'm up there this weekend. Since I'm going to be pulling them off anyway, I may bring them back here so I can work on them next week. It really stinks not having the car here to be able to test fit, take measurements, etc.

Tony

Mitsu booster

Yep, I had to pull the windows out of the Lancer to do it. My problem was that the metal trim pieces on the Lancer are one piece with the window scraper felt, so to put in new belt weatherstrip, I had to replace the metal trim as well. Not sure how the Spirit is set up. Take pics when you do it! lol
    Thanks for posting up the Lancer pics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast