Thread: 1987 (bybrid) omni glhs

Mitsu booster

1987 (bybrid) omni glhs

hey all new to the site. i just bought the car in the title from a guy locally (syracuse new york area) and i dont know if anyone has read the post my friend topgunwghs made about it having the broken shifter cable. looking for any websites that have stock parts, im looking mostly to get a glhs wiring harness right now and the shifter cable or im going to have to make one work i guess. also looking for any suggestions with the car i know a bit about the history of them but im new to turbo doge's any links and or books to suggest would be appreciated. looks like a great website im gonna have a look around look forward to seeing any responce!

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: 1987 (bybrid) omni glhs

Welcome to the board! You bought a hybrid glhs? I am confused by the title.
    Nick G. 1984 Dodge Rampage

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

1986 was the only year for the omni glhs and they didn't have shifter cables, they had a rod shifter set up.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Check out www.thedodgegarage.com for some of the basics.

Welcome aboard.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

ill fill you guys in.....

its not a GLHS. its a white omni converted to turbo by Sean Campbell (1fastcsx289)using a 87 CSX wiring harness in the ENTIRE CAR from the engine bay to the back, the CSX head and a T1 LW rod bottom end and the 520 from the CSX. it has the GLH ground effects on it.

you cant use a GLH harness as the body harness has been changed to 87 CSX. youd want a CSX harness but i doubt it needs it. just might needs some simple repairs.

good luck with the car. maybe we can have a sdac get together and work on the car and work some of the bugs out of it.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Mitsu booster

hey guys a update on the ride. started to get all the usless wires out of the engine bay (loooooots of useless wires...) and i just ran into a little snag tonight. thinking it might be my fault but now when i start the car and let it run the car wants to putter out. i can step on the gas and bring it back up and keep it running but if i try to put my foot down too far and bring it above 2 grand she just cuts out and rolls back down to 1000 rpms, THEN runs back up to 2 grand or so. im gonna have to check over all the wiring and make sure its all connected back together but i was wondering if you more experienced guys might be able to help me narrow down the problem a bit so i know which area to check out the most. (as of now im just gonna intake wires, throttle wires, and fuel preasure pretty much). looking for any suggestions?

on a better note though ive been just tinkering with the car and cleaning it up bit by bit over the past couple of days and shes really starting to shine up!

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Anonymous_User's Avatar

started to get all the usless wires out of the engine bay
    Hmmm.... not usually a lot of useless wires. I'm wondering how much of a hack job the previous owner did? Can you get pics of what you are working on?

Mitsu booster

aright guys i took another look at all of the wiring i took out and redid. traced it all and the only actual wires i touched were electrical wires to the interior basically (headlight controls... dash lights... guage sensors...)

and yea im working on getting a pitcure of the engine bay up on here as soon as i get a chance.

i have a friend who is an electrical engineer who is gonna come over soon and help me look at the setup and make sure everything is in working order. hopefully i will have some good news to report back with