Thread: Ported G head, exhaust valves, 813 springs

Ported G head, exhaust valves, 813 springs

OK the head description is gonna be long.
    I just took off my ported 287 G head, going back to a swirl. It is completely bare, I just got done with a quicky sand blast, highly recommend jet washing because I'm sure there's sand stuck in some of the crevices. I had it surfaced a couple thousand miles ago, just a mild cleanup .006''. This G head will need work, it is a perfect candidate for large valves because it needs new seats. Also needs new guides, so perfect opportunity to upgrade to bronze guides. The port work is good and this head flows very well. The chambers have extensive work, and the runners are ported as well. At only 20 PSI I was trapping 106 MPH in the 1/4 with ported stock manifolds and hybrid turbo and stock cam with this head in a full weight shadow ES.
    Also, there's about 4 valve cover bolts that are either stripped or a bolt broken off into them. Furthermore, there's also 2 cam cap bolts that are stripped, BUT I have longer bolts in them and they torque down fine. All the stripped holes are thanks to the previous owner of this head, apparently they had no concept of a torque wrench.
    Anyway, like I said perfect candidate for large valves. As for the flow, with stock intake valves and the +1mm valves this head flowed 160/146 at .500'' lift on the same flowbench a stock swirl flows 137/99 intake/exhaust and a stock G head with stock valves flows 144/120. So a decent gain on the intakes and a large gain on the exhaust side. But that was with stock intake valves and +1mm exhausts, so perhaps with large valves that require oversize seats this head has quite a bit more potential.
    One more thing, a long time ago when I was still running cast pistons I grenaded one and a chunk of piston rattled around in the bore making some small indentations in the chamber. I smoothed off the sharp edges with a sanding roll. I have since run this head for a couple thousand miles with forged pistons and have not had 1 issue with it. I will show a closeup pic of this chamber.
    Oh the spark plug holes are good, no stripped threads there. Just thought I'd mention that LOL. I think I've mentioned all the negative possible about the head, just want the buyer to know what they are getting.
    Given that it needs all this stuff, only looking for $50+shipping to your zip for this head. Here's a few pics-

OK, onto the SI +1mm exhaust valves. These valves are for SWIRL head not for G head. They flow 3-5 CFM over a stock backcut valve, I have a pic comparing to a stock backcut valve. Set of 4, lightly used, $50+shipping. I'm not truly sure I want to sell them yet or put them in the swirl head I'm going to be running. So buy them now before I change my mind on selling them LOL.

Next up, mopar performance 813 ''Heavy duty'' valve springs. These are in between stock turbo springs and 061 super 60 springs. Only a few thousand miles on them. FWD sells these for $64. I'll pitch in a set of stock retainers too. $35 shipped to the lower 48.

If interested, post here or PM me. First come first serve! Parts located in south central PA, local pickup would be fine on all parts and we can change the price accordingly.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: Ported G head, exhaust valves, 813 springs

Great deals but FYI, you can use those valves in a G-head if you use PT lifters,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Great deals but FYI, you can use those valves in a G-head if you use PT lifters,
    Hey great idea! There yeah go! Thanks

813 springs pending. I'll drop the price on the head to $35+shipping

813 springs SOLD.

G head possible pending.

turbo addict

pm sent

Head is pending, so the only thing available yet are the valves. Somebody make me an offer.

G head is sold. Still have the +1mm SI exhaust valves for swirl head, how about $45 shipped?