Thread: POR 15 where to get it?

turbo addict

POR 15 where to get it?

Does anyone know of any local distributors in the greater Chicagoland area? I know of some people including myself needing to get some POR15 products and such. I'm kinda behind the 8 ball on some projects so any leads would be of great appreciation.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: POR 15 where to get it?

No idea around here, only mail order... I thought you got some for Jim's motor?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

I would use the stuff called chassis saver. Its a little smoother finish, easier to work with, and I think its a bit cheaper.

turbo addict

Some guys suggested local paints shops.. Maybe I will give that a try. Yeah you can get it just fine with mail order, but sometimes its nice for it to be local as well. I knew of some people who were looking to get it locally in the chicagoland area. In indy I knew of a few places, but see what I get for moving.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

You might also try asking around work, local parts stores, etc... The last quart I bought was off of a guy that was from another local working off the B list out of 667. We got to talking cars during lunch break one day and it came up that he was a dealer.
    If you can't find anyone locally, then you might look into becoming one yourself. Could be that there's some money to be made selling it if it's an untapped market.

Besides, T-M needs it's own pet POR-15 dealer (we don't already have on do we?).

Mom Says I'm Special. :-) Turbo Mopar Staff Subliminal's Avatar

I'd say it'd behoove you to call POR-15 and ask them if they have a dealer local to you, and also about shipping times from their NJ location.

...straight from the horses mouth and all that.
    Damon

"America is all about speed...hot, nasty badass speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

I just ordered mine straight from POR-15.
    Nick G. 1984 Dodge Rampage

turbo addict

Sounds like it might be quite beneficial to become a dealer. If there are any discounts to be had that would also be excellent as well.