Thread: doing a tune up

Mitsu booster

doing a tune up

i have a few questions about these omni glhs'. first when i replace the cap rotor plugs and wires what would the suggestions be (i dont want dirt cheap stuff to just make it run but i dont want to drop a whole lot so basically what are my options?)

i understand the stock ignition setup in mopar cars are meant to stay stock. no aftermarket ignition amps or msd rotors and wires and keep the copper plus plugs?

i dont know too much about these turbo mopars yet so if you do respond and have a preference explain to me why your telling me to chose what you think i should chose and why it works best... i dont change stuff from stock unless i understand why the aftermarket part works better. thanks for any responce sorry for my lack of knowledge on these cars but im used to chevys this is my first turbo and first mopar

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: doing a tune up

I sell the best wires, see sig for info, lifetime warranty unless you cut them up, they catch fire etc.

Get a good OEM coil, they seem to work the best or you can use an Aurora coil like I do, expensive but it works.

Plugs, wow, everyone has a preference but I prefer NGK Iridiums, they take a beating and last. If stockish, just get a set a bit colder than stock but if you have a bone stock setup, use stock heat range. Some prefer Champions, to each there own.

Cap and rotor, the aftermarket are fine, IE Autozone, etc but Mopar, you can't go wrong either.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info