Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom TIII cam/crank/int gears and smaller alt pulleys for the UD crank.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Talking Update the list of commited buyers.

Ok, finally got ahold of my machinist who has been busy. He is finally going to build the TIII intermediate gears, 8 valve size-they will also be gun drilled for max weight loss and made out of aluminium, then anodized for wear resistance. To run this, you use the stock belt and remove the idler pulley, then you have to run a shallow head bolt in the ps pump or counter sink and use a matching bolt.

If you have Cindy's adjustable cam gears, he can make the outer part out of aluminum for further weight reduction. I hit a snag with this, forgot about the cam sensor-have to see if aluminium will trigger it-to be updated. Still going to make the ex pulley though, less weight is good. You will need to get a metallic coating sprayed on, TU can get it done.

He will also copy the crank pulley, so another huge weight loss. He can make them fit any size crank snout so he is making me one to fit a 2.5 Tall deck crank so this should also fit an 88 and older crank too, opens up some crank options.

No alt pulley at this time, not needed and no demand.

No pics but prices are as follows plus shipping.

All pulleys are aprox $100 for one, $80 for the next one and $70 for each other one ordered.

Just post up in this thread as to which ones you want and how many.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So people who are confirmed-

Me-2 crank, 2 int and 2 cam outers
    iTurbo-1 crank, 1 int and 1 set cam.
    Drew404-1 int gear
    Powermaxx-1 int gear.
    Daver-1 crank, 1 int and 2 cam outers.
    Last edited by turbovanmanČ; 02-28-2009 at 09:39 AM. Reason: More info-another item.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Re: Custom TIII cam/crank/int gears and smaller alt pulleys for the UD crank.

good job cant wait to see finished products

Garrett booster

What timing belt are you planning to run with these?

Unless we find a smaller diameter tensioner, the belt tension with a standard SOHC sized I-shaft sprocket would be too high.

Hybrid booster

will the alt. pulley fit all cars??

my stereo strains my alt....

i might be interested if it will fit my 2.2L

Quote Originally Posted by daver View Post
    What timing belt are you planning to run with these?

Unless we find a smaller diameter tensioner, the belt tension with a standard SOHC sized I-shaft sprocket would be too high.
    You remove the idler and run the stock belt. I am running an 8 valve int pulley right now, with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by 86trbolancer View Post
    will the alt. pulley fit all cars??

my stereo strains my alt....

i might be interested if it will fit my 2.2L
    It will fit all Nippo alts, I will see if it fits Bosch too. I'll edit the thread.
    Last edited by turbovanmanČ; 09-10-2008 at 12:50 PM.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Hybrid booster

i'm subscribed...

keep it posted

thx

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor powermaxx's Avatar

I'll take one of those intermediate gears. LMK details to pay, etc...

I take paypal and MO's. I won't take any money until I get a head count.

Powermaxx- one intermediate pulley.

86trbolancer-Maybe alt pulley.

Daver- cam/int/crank pulley's, maybe alt.
    Last edited by turbovanmanČ; 09-14-2008 at 02:46 PM.

Garrett booster

From the earlier post on custom T3 gears, someone had posted that timing belt tension with the standard T3 cam & crank sprockets, 8v I-shaft sprocket and eliminated idler was too high and that a slightly smaller diameter tension would be necessary.

I've had my stock T3 tensioner bouncing around in my back seat for a few months along with a list of parts numbers for production tensioners for other vehicles I've been meaning to compare, but haven't yet gotten around to trying to match something up.

Anyway I guess that could still be done after the custom pullies are manufactured.

I would be in for 1 of each sprocket, I-shaft, cam outer rings, crank and perhaps alternator. I have a few overdriven alt pullies for a Neon sitting here I should compare first because they might be the same as the T3.

The I shaft gear's belt surface should also be made a little wider than the 8v piece to properly accomodate the wider T3 timing belt.

From the earlier post on custom T3 gears, someone had posted that timing belt tension with the standard T3 cam & crank sprockets, 8v I-shaft sprocket and eliminated idler was too high and that a slightly smaller diameter tension would be necessary.

I've had my stock T3 tensioner bouncing around in my back seat for a few months along with a list of parts numbers for production tensioners for other vehicles I've been meaning to compare, but haven't yet gotten around to trying to match something up.

Anyway I guess that could still be done after the custom pullies are manufactured.

I would be in for 1 of each sprocket, I-shaft, cam outer rings, crank and perhaps alternator. I have a few overdriven alt pullies for a Neon sitting here I should compare first because they might be the same as the T3.

The I shaft gear's belt surface should also be made a little wider than the 8v piece to properly accomodate the wider T3 timing belt.
    I am running the stock TIII belt, no idler, 8 valve thinner int gear and no problems with getting the correct tension or any other issues,

Yes, of course the new int gear will be the correct width and he's getting the jig to have the correct teeth cut, as it is different than an 8 valve. Round tooth vs trapazoidal or ???, lol.

The Neon should be the same but if you have a Nippo alt, its easy to compare. Are they smaller than stock?

No interest???????

Ok, well I will get a few made up and thats it. Kinda dissapointing, people cry for this stuff then when its offered, don't want it,

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor powermaxx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    No interest???????

Ok, well I will get a few made up and thats it. Kinda dissapointing, people cry for this stuff then when its offered, don't want it,
    Just let me know what the final cost will be.

THX

Quote Originally Posted by powermaxx View Post
    Just let me know what the final cost will be.

THX
    I will, no worries, he is bringing in a special jig to cut them so might as well make use of it. Guess not,

Garrett booster

Sorry for the delay, been wicked busy trying to get my truck running and save my GLHS.

Anyway I'll try to compare those Neon alternator overdrive pullies to the stock T3 alternator pulley tomorrow am.

Garrett booster

Ok, Neon alternator overdrive pulley is definitely totally different. Neon's use a 4 rib belt, T3 motors run a 6 rib belt.

However I also have an alternator overdrive pulley made for a 96-2000 JA body (stratus/breeze/cirrus etc) that is 6 rib.

The JA alt overdrive pulley seems to be ~1.07" wide, pulley is offset, (moved out from the alternator ~.13", and is ~2.23" in diameter measuring from the top the OD of each rib. My caliper is not the greatest, but those measurements should be reasonably close.

If somebody could measure a stock T3 alternator pulley would could figure out the % overdriven the alternator would be given this pulley's diameter.

I'm not using the pulley right now so if you or your machinist would like more specific specs I can send it to you. This was purchased from an individual off the stratusphere.net forum. I believe he charges $50 for them. They are bare aluminum however. I have heard of individuals running them bare aluminum without problems, however I was planning to have mine cryo-hardened and then powdercoated clear.

If possible it we could locate a company that could hard-anodize the custom pulley/sprockets you are having made for the T3.

I have the smaller alt pulley already, its on and working. Sourced from a wrecking yard so thats the one I will copy. I can measure the stock gears to see what the speed is.

The pulleys will be anodized already,

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

I was planning to have mine cryo-hardened and then powdercoated clear.
    Unless you want a particular color, I'd suggest just having the pulley hard anodized, not bright dipped, but a true mil spec hard coat. Do that and the thing will last almost forever (baring physical damage), but should cost less, if you can piggy back on someone else's order, if you just have the one piece done it might be even or slightly more. Anyway, it's a suggestion.

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

What gears did you want, Daver?

Garrett booster

I would be interested in the I-shaft gear, aluminum outer rings for FWD's adjustable cam gears, and the alt pulley. Perhaps also the crank depending on cost.

boostaholic

Are you gonna get stock TIII sized I-shaft gears? That is the only way it will work with my custom belt routing with the idler on the other side.......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast