Thread: WTB: Park/Neutral Diode

Garrett booster

Exclamation WTB: Park/Neutral Diode

I need the wiring harness diode that is in the park/neutral safety circuit of an automatic car. Parts stores and the stealership offer no alternatives. The dealer didn't even know what it was. It looks like there is a 2 pin connector it goes in, according to the wiring harness section I bought. LMK if anyone has one they want to part with. Otherwise, it is junkyard diving time for me. Thanks.

Hybrid booster

Re: WTB: Park/Neutral Diode

Hmmmm... do you happen to have a pic of it? I have a few auto harnesses laying in the shop.

Garrett booster

No, I certainly do not. I used a diode from my old employer when I originally did the harness (no wonder it quit working). It probably wasn't meant for under hood temps. From the harness piece I got, it looks like it would be a 2 pin device which plugs into a rubberized connector. I will take a photo of the connector I suspect the diode goes into tonight when I get home from work. There is a 3 pin connector which goes onto the park/neutral switch on the trans (towards the front of the car). These wires go to a white colored connector by the battery. Somewhere in this path is the 2 pin connector and the diode. These wires also branch off to the starter solenoid. I am going to replace the whole circuit, since there might be a broken wire causing the problem, but I suspect the diode is at fault.

Garrett booster

This diode is in the harness section which goes from the white connector by the battery to the ground on top of the transmission. it is a rectangular rubber piece with a white wire on one side and a black one on the other. I no longer need it, as I have found the real problem. See my other post in this section that deals with braided SS turbo oil lines.