Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: WANTED! List of Unique and Historical Shelby Dodges / Turbo Mopars!

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Re: WANTED! List of Unique and Historical Shelby Dodges / Turbo Mopars!

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post
    We found a set of those rims in ajunkyard once. Cindy has them now lol...

Alan Quackenbush's old Omni GLHS, I believe a gentleman in Maryland owns it, as he had it out at Carlisle this year.
    Alan has had a few 86 GLHS's. The car he had that was "ultra" restored by Todd is now owned by a Detroit area gent. It was at SDAC-18 but not entered in the car show. It was parked in the other lot with a note in the window that said it was "retired from showing".

Was the one at Carlisle the Masi powered one or a different one? (just trying to keep track of them).

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by sdac guy View Post
    Alan has had a few 86 GLHS's. The car he had that was "ultra" restored by Todd is now owned by a Detroit area gent. It was at SDAC-18 but not entered in the car show. It was parked in the other lot with a note in the window that said it was "retired from showing".

Was the one at Carlisle the Masi powered one or a different one? (just trying to keep track of them).

Barry
    Alan has had three of them that I know of.

#276, the overly restored car. Now owned by George in Detroit.

#120, the Masi powered car, now owned by Lee Saunders. He lives in Lakeland, Florida.

The third one he had was a low mileage stocker. He bought it and cleaned up a couple things, and sold it quickly. I don't know what number that car was. I do believe that was sold locally, so thats probably the one that was at Carlisle.

turbo addict

The Masi powered car was at Carlisle.

Mitsu booster

Historical significance:

Drag cars:
    Angelo's omni(s) (which he already self nominated)
    Cliff Sebring's Rampage & Silver Bullet Omni
    Dean Stille Rampage

Gus Mahon & the rest of the connecticut chapter

early TII conversions:
    my dad (George Kish) - TII/auto rampage (built late 87) & multiple TII/Auto mini-ram cargo vans

DC Shadow - already mentioned
    Hooters Omni - already mentioned

turbo addict

One more for the Birthday Car! You listed it under 1988 CSX-T but it was the prototype for 1990. What other car was the Cover car of Autoweek with Shelby himself.
    I may be prejudice though because that was the first car I helped my dad restore, Lets just say that the ride to Las Vegas for the grand opening of Shelby there was a fun ride!

Hybrid booster

I searched this thread and didn't come up with what I justsaw 2 post's up. Soo, what ever happened to Slugmobile? I know someone picked it up from his GF to take it to a good home but it's been so long I don't talk to everyone that knows everything anymore.

turbo addict

AFAIK it is in a good home. The new owner posted up on TD not too long ago becuase I think it had a dead fuel pump. IIRC it is in one of the Carolinas...????

I'd personally like to know what happened to Mean Mini!?

turbo addict

Did Wayne Hemmingway sell Slugmobile?

turbo addict

Nope. I just did a search over on TD to find the post...the guy's Name is "Wayne" and the his handle is "wheming". Listed location is East Nowehere, NC. Last he posted that I know of he was looking for a new dirver's side hub assembly, but was having problems finding one becuase it was some oddball size or something. :dunno:

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    Nope. I just did a search over on TD to find the post...the guy's Name is "Wayne" and the his handle is "wheming". Listed location is East Nowehere, NC. Last he posted that I know of he was looking for a new dirver's side hub assembly, but was having problems finding one becuase it was some oddball size or something. :dunno:
    Knowing Gus and his "secret" launching modifications, that isn't suprising. What about the van?

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by sy2206 View Post
    Alan has had three of them that I know of.

#276, the overly restored car. Now owned by George in Detroit.

#120, the Masi powered car, now owned by Lee Saunders. He lives in Lakeland, Florida.

The third one he had was a low mileage stocker. He bought it and cleaned up a couple things, and sold it quickly. I don't know what number that car was. I do believe that was sold locally, so that's probably the one that was at Carlisle.
    Just stumbled on this thread. Alan's third GLHS is now in Southern CA. Owned by John Laing. Same guy that now owns Charlie William's old Masi powered Rampage.

In the meantime, Allan Quack has probably bought and sold 10 cars since then. For those of you that remember his SC Saleen Mustang at SDAC 17(Pittsburgh). Well that was so yesterday. Many cars have come and gone since then.

I spoke to Lee Saunders recently, yes he had the Masi GLHS at Carlisle. I have to kind of laugh, compared to Lee's other car, his Masi GLHS must just seem slow when he drives it. He tells me he just loves the car though. Lee's other car is arguably the fastest pump gas car in the country. Ran a 7.99 on 93 octane fuel! Yikes

Todd

Hybrid booster

1992 Daytona IROC R/T US dealer show car-white - formerly owned by Bill Sizemore-currently owned by my customer Alex Sharp of R.I.- need info/history on this car if anyone has it as attempts to contact Bill sizemore have failed. I just finished rebuilding the motor on it-found some interesting stuff on the head i.e stampings(non factory) port work that looks to be cnc as each port is identical and no grind/polishing marks and heat tabs but it is correct date code for the car.

alex sharp also own a 1989 CSX w/cruise control is this a standard option on CSX's ?

Norm

Mitsu booster

well its not turbo, but has anyone seen the early 90's magazine with the lamborghini powered daytona in it? either way i think its pretty unique and rare. the issue also has a couple other pages with a red and white daytona, both being sheblys i believe.

Garrett booster

AFAIK it is in a good home. The new owner posted up on TD not too long ago becuase I think it had a dead fuel pump. IIRC it is in one of the Carolinas...????

I'd personally like to know what happened to Mean Mini!?
    Mini Me If thats what your talking about. Our Grass roots First project challenge car, The last I saw it it was loaded with parts and heading for Cincy. I think its was going to be put back on the road. that was late 99 or 2000 I think.
    I think My Red rampage is in Allentown and The silver bullet omin is morfing into a hooters/silver bullitttttt. in southern Md.
    Cliff Sebring

2008 422 Allstars NSS Champion
    2008 Ram Racing AMI Champion

turbo addict

Well, your cars DO count IMHO!! I think they've got more press time than almost the entire TD community put together! LOL

Anyways, I was actualyl reffering to Gus' blue minivan "Mean Mini". We know the whereablouts of Slugmobile, but I never heard where his van went...

Quote Originally Posted by overboostmotorsports View Post
    alex sharp also own a 1989 CSX w/cruise control is this a standard option on CSX's ?

Norm

Norm

The CC was dealer installed.

Barry, sorry I didn't see your post sooner but yes, the Masi-Powered Omni GLHS was at Carlisle this year. A group of us were looking at it trying to figure out what it had in it and lone, behold, you look down through the hoodgrate and see those odd looking valve covers, YIKES!

Billy, would mine fit in here LOL

Garrett booster

Well, your cars DO count IMHO!! I think they've got more press time than almost the entire TD community put together! LOL

Anyways, I was actualyl reffering to Gus' blue minivan "Mean Mini". We know the whereablouts of Slugmobile, but I never heard where his van went...
    Thats what I tought but Mini me and Mean Mini ran about the same time and Gus and I would say he was the fastest dodge and I was the fastest Ply. or was it the other way. LOL. Sitting hear now thinking nether one would be in the top 10 fastest vans in 2008. But if Gus was still with us I'm sure he would still be "leading" the pack.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Some of Gus will *always* be with this community

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast