Thread: WANTED! List of Unique and Historical Shelby Dodges / Turbo Mopars!

Threaded View

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Re: WANTED! List of Unique and Historical Shelby Dodges / Turbo Mopars!

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    That's pretty awesome. We're fortunate that we have such stout motors in these cars.
    I could have gone faster but the point I was trying to make at the time was that the basic pieces were pretty darn stout and you could go fast without a lot of shiny parts.

The car was put into the 12's which was the goal with a minimum of money. We got Jon's Shadow into the 11's with a Super 60 turbocharger and a NPR intercooler.

Your looking at a junkyard 52 mm throttle body, SAAB cold start valve with pressure switch, a diode for the map cut off, back cut valves, a boost controller made from some brass at Home Depot, an exhaust system made from a box of elbows and a home ported exhaust manifold. Cam timing was adjusted with keys from Mopar Performance (before someone brought cam sprockets to market, cough-cough)

All and all pretty low buck.

I did install a double core intercooler in the car after but never made hard track passes to see how it picked up. Doing testing on the dyno the stock intercooler was a massive restriction at 20 psi, the pressure difference between inlets and outlets was 5 psi.
    Last edited by mopar-tech; 02-21-2015 at 11:07 AM.

Working on clearing the decks.