Thread: Pics of FWD Omni exhaust needed urgent please!

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Arrow Pics of FWD Omni exhaust needed urgent please!

Can't figure out how it goes together? No matter how I try to fit the front pipe, it won't work????
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Angry Re: Pics of FWD Omni exhaust needed urgent please!

I am getting absolutey f*cking sick of this crap, just figured it out, I only got a cat back setup, NO mention of 2 different options when I ordered. Now, I have cut it all apart and now totally f*CKED.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

turbo addict

Re: Pics of FWD Omni exhaust needed urgent please!

sorry man i cant help ya Rat traps exhaust is custom made i could give you pics but i dont think it help you out.

I am going to have to get the front section shipped out so my customer is down another 1-2 weeks.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

If'n you want, I can send you pics of the TU exhaust I put on my Horizon. Fit like a glove with one small modification to the rear section.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    If'n you want, I can send you pics of the TU exhaust I put on my Horizon. Fit like a glove with one small modification to the rear section.
    I am getting the front piece overnighted to my US shipping addy, then I'll have to bike across as its long weekend otherwise I'd be in the border line up for days,

You can still send me pics though, "bblackdogg69@hotmail.com"

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Simon - if it is a shift rod car (not converted to cable), then you have to throw a loop into the pipe between the swing joint and the cat at the placewhere it goes by the junction of the shifter rod and the bottom of the shifter. It is nice if you have a 180* to weld into that spot.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    Simon - if it is a shift rod car (not converted to cable), then you have to throw a loop into the pipe between the swing joint and the cat at the placewhere it goes by the junction of the shifter rod and the bottom of the shifter. It is nice if you have a 180* to weld into that spot.
    It is, thats why I need the front piece. Seems kinda pointless to have a 2.5 inch cat back system with a 2.5 in dp and a stock 2 inch section between that,

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    It is, thats why I need the front piece. Seems kinda pointless to have a 2.5 inch cat back system with a 2.5 in dp and a stock 2 inch section between that,
    Get rid of the rod shift...

Quote Originally Posted by tryingbe View Post
    Get rid of the rod shift...
    Sure, you going to replace his trans, shift linkages, shifter for me?

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

The way I did it, with my rod shifted 525 GLHT, was to put an extension on a 3" TU Diogo bend downpipe which included a hunk of 180* that looped around the down pipe before connecting to the 3" cat and 3" cat back.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

The way I did it, with my rod shifted 525 GLHT, was to put an extension on a 3" TU Diogo bend downpipe which included a hunk of 180* that looped around the down pipe before connecting to the 3" cat and 3" cat back.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Sure, you going to replace his trans, shift linkages, shifter for me?
    Give me $500, sure.

Hybrid booster

I second that

I got it done, 2.5 inch donut, then 3 inch dp to the cat, then 2.5 inch to the rear with a Magnaflow, at 13 psi, this sucker hauls azz,

Its also quiet,

turbo addict

I have a similar system on my GLHT, 2.5" with a magnaflow. Reasonably quiet, I'm sure more so with the cat there.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford