For anyone that knows this car, no I haven't gotten rid of my old wheels... I simply have a new pair for those days at the strip

I purchased my slicks this spring with the intention of having used them by now, oh well. They are some lightly used MT 24.5x8x15s, tons of life left in them. I wanted new wheels to go along with the slicks, didn't want to use some 6 or 6.5 as the ideal rim width is 8 (I'm sure it'd be fine with smaller, but oh well). I didn't want to use spacers and long studs, so I decided to order some custom steelies through Diamond Racing Wheels, and WOW, it was super awesome - the fellow on the phone was great to deal with. I ordered last Monday, expecting them to take almost two weeks as he said they should ship Tuesday ( I thought he meant the NEXT Tuesday) and wow, my custom wheels showed up on Friday morning... thats cross border too, I am totally impressed!!

Anyways, specs on the wheels are 15x8", 5.0" backspace (could have went 5.5 as my current wheels are but I wanted to make sure I have lots of room), and they clear 11" brakes too! I got my slicks mounted this morning and decide to test fit this evening. I'll get on with the photos!!

Anyway, I love the fitment, they stick out just a bit to give that "I'm a hardcore racer" look, lol! I have some Honda friends that have WAY more ridiculous backspacing wheels ordered through Diamond as well, so mine looks normal in comparison!

I wasn't going to drive it at all, but my buddy mentioned it and I thought maybe I'd go for a short short little drive... so I visited a buddy a few blocks away, after that went to a nice smooth asphalt road near my house and... proceeded to give it a light launch (no burnout at all)... left a single black streak but still hooking way better than street tires would, its been two years since I launched AT ALL with slicks and its a feeling I miss, I can't wait till its hooking better with more boost! So I went to do a 3 point turn and go home, and I heard a big racket when I was on full lock and freaked me the hell out!! Apparently the slicks rub on the inner fender cover and it peeled it off the car, don't worry no damage to the paint. Put it in the backseat and did one more little launch then parked it at home.

Really I can't even take them off because I broke my jack and need to go buy another one in the morning

I hope to take this to the track at least twice during September, the only thing I am waiting on is my Devils Own alky controller then a bit of tuning and playing around and I will definitely be hitting the track this year, WOOO!