Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: KokoMopar 2: The Regathering at Fleck's place!

turbo addict

Re: KokoMopar 2: The Regathering at Fleck's place!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeves View Post
    I'm leaving Cincinnati at around 4:30pm. I'll be staying at Fleck's girlfriend's house tonight. I think Fleck might be there. She lives closer to Indy.
    Dude... You're in my neighborhood then. Hmmm..... Maybe if Carla/Fleck is cool with it I can walk on over and generally BS around? This would be great becuase then my woman can't bltch and I can hang out as late as I want.
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

Bad Mother Flecker Turbo Mopar Staff fleckster's Avatar

I'm leaving Cincinnati at around 4:30pm. I'll be staying at Fleck's girlfriend's house tonight. I think Fleck might be there. She lives closer to Indy.
    Very nicely done, Reeves...

John M. Fleck

'83 Dodge Rampage 2.2 w/ 2.5L Turbo 14.79@94
    '87 Shelby Lancer #213 14.99@94
    '89 Chrysler LeBaron GT Turbo 'vert 15.88@92
    '92 Dodge Spirit R/T 13.50@104 ; 13.34@102 on slicks
    '98 Dodge Neon R/T 15.66@89
    '03 Dodge SRT-4 13.91@98

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 88_pacifica View Post
    Dude... You're in my neighborhood then. Hmmm..... Maybe if Carla/Fleck is cool with it I can walk on over and generally BS around? This would be great becuase then my woman can't bltch and I can hang out as late as I want.
    Forward to Nate's wifey.....
    Brad Pennington-Proud SDAC Member 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Premium Turbo Convertible 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT Competition 1 of 30

I think Nate has been having an affair with my cars...

John M. Fleck

'03 Dodge SRT-4 13.91@98

Quote Originally Posted by fleckster View Post
    I think Nate has been having an affair with my cars...
    You got Buuurrreekkss too Fleck?

...on your color TV screen... Turbo Mopar Contributor Reeves's Avatar

Very nicely done, Reeves...

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBRUDDA View Post
    You got Buuurrreekkss too Fleck?

HUH?

James Reeves - Reeves Racing
    World's Fastest 8 Valve - 146.88 mph
    86 GLH-T 9.99 at 143.78 mph
    86 GLHS #169 Mom's - complete Super 60 car
    87 Shelby Z 14.16 Dad's - mostly stock, no sh*t!
    88 Shelby Z 13.5 - been in storage for 15 years
    03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's
    07 Charger 5.7L 12.48 Dad's

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by bradp View Post
    Forward to Nate's wifey.....
    I'm just saying that I could be in the general area and might happen to drop by...

HUH?
    The man is inferring that I "sport wood" over GM's other fine masterpiece(Bu's)...
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

I'm refering to Nates BUICK affliction.

That wasn't was I was referring to...it appears that my brand new transmission is making noises that I don't like. I think he has been sneaking down the street and seeing my LeBaron at night wheile it has been quietly parked outside. You know his affinity for screwing up perfectly good Turbo Mopars...

John M. Fleck

'03 Dodge SRT-4 13.91@98

turbo addict

That wasn't was I was referring to...it appears that my brand new transmission is making noises that I don't like. I think he has been sneaking down the street and seeing my LeBaron at night wheile it has been quietly parked outside. You know his affinity for screwing up perfectly good Turbo Mopars...
    Oh wow.. are you serious? Although I haven't even touched it in the neighborhood, I "think" I touched the hood two weeks ago at Flecks place when Clay popped it and I looked under it. Oh MAN!! Tis TRUE!!! I am the death of TM's

Garrett booster

>I'm leaving Cincinnati at around 4:30pm. I'll be staying at Fleck's girlfriend's house tonight. I think Fleck might be there. She lives closer to Indy.

>Dude... You're in my neighborhood then. Hmmm..... Maybe if Carla/Fleck is cool with it I can walk on over and generally BS around? This would be great becuase then my woman can't bltch and I can hang out as late as I want.

So I take it nothing's going on at Fleck's place tonight then - sounds like the happening place is in Westfield at Fleck's GF's place (with or without Fleck). I take it videos of drag racing probably won't be playing, maybe that new Sarah Jessica Parker movie Sex and the City instead?

Speaking of SJP, you guys just aren't old enough to remember her in the TV sitcom "Square Pegs" or the movie "Footloose" (1984) which made Kevin Bacon a star. Let me tell you - she was a hot number back then (not). For those of you too young to know, in 1982-1983 she played a nerd high school girl in Square Pegs - very popular show at the time. Who would have known that 20 years later she's be a sex symbol? Now Kim Cattrall is a different story - she got her start in the 1982 movie Porky's - she was the high school cheerleader that howled like a dog when the assistant coach did her in the locker room during the basketball game. If you haven't seen Porky's you gotta rent it.

Anyway, I take it people are heading over to Fleck's on Saturday?

turbo addict

Well... if we're getting into the "way-back" time machine, she was in a DISNEY movie "Flight of the Navigator(1986)" in which she had a small cameo role as Carolyn McAdams...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091059/

Wow was THAT a long time ago... whew

Garrett booster

Youngster Nate said:

>Well... if we're getting into the "way-back" time machine, she was in a DISNEY movie "Flight of the Navigator(1986)" in which she had a small cameo role as Carolyn McAdams... Wow was THAT a long time ago... whew

Hey - I saw that movie - in the cinema, when it came out - as a college senior - on a date. Maybe with the girl that's now my wife, I can't recall anymore. The movie had Pee Wee Herman in it too. (or are you too young to remember him?) SJP's husband was in the now classic "Ferris Bueller's Day off" around that time too and Kim Cattrall in the PG rated "Mannequin".

It wasn't THAT long ago - remember, your Grand National (and most of these TMs) were built back then. Those were the days, with the GNs, Z28s, Trans Ams, Mustang 5.0s, Shelby Chargers, Daytonas and GLHs roaming wild in the streets.

Garrett booster

Hey Tom. I understand about "it being too late". I am bummed a bit, but I totally understand.....but yes, Saturday evening for me...............

I loved the eighties, and still LOVE the eighties cars, the only bad part is that 220 hp is about the MAX you could find from the factory in ANY of them!

220hp isn't bad...as long as they weigh less than 3000lbs unlike today's cars. After all, my SRT-4 was rated at 215hp but weighs 2950lbs. The Spirit R/T was rated at 224hp (closer to 300hp now) and it weighs 3100lbs. Both are more than solid mid 14 second cars from the factory. That is right there with the 340hp/4100lb LX Chargers, Challengers, etc. and not much off the 300hp/3600 lbs Mustang and 362hp/4000lb G8.

John M. Fleck

'03 Dodge SRT-4 13.91@98

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

Or the 3600LB 3.4 pullied GP GTX....

Thrashercharged.... Been wanting to get up there and meet you. Timing just has not worked out.
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

turbo addict

This sucks!!!I'm not going to be able to make it. Something came up at the last minute. Will be there next time.
    Brad Pennington-Proud SDAC Member 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Premium Turbo Convertible 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT Competition 1 of 30

Scratch one of the GLHs...we have everything off of the '85 that we wanted to get. It is setting on wheel dollies about 4 inches off the ground. We are well into the '86 as the head and turbo is off, the front hubs and axles are out, I think all the ground effects that were still on the car are off, so we need to finish the already started wiring harness removal and move on to the rear suspension...

I try and post up pictures of the carnage later. We pulled the data tags and they have the VINs if anyone wants to see if they owned either of them at one time or another. I do know that I found a picture in my stack from SDAC-8 that shows the '85 in the pits at the dragstrip! (It has unique decals and headlight covers that make it stand out.) Also we found a bag in one of them that had the name "Michael Lasecki" on it. Does anyone know him? The name sounds familiar...

John M. Fleck

'03 Dodge SRT-4 13.91@98

turbo addict

I'm doing my own L-body parting today so I don't know if I'll be able to come up there or not.

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

well ----, I prolly would have gone if I had seen this earlier
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast