Thread: WTB: power window plastic window track for '92 daytona

Garrett booster

Exclamation WTB: power window plastic window track for '92 daytona

I'm looking for the plastic piece that goes inside the door for a 92-93 daytona with power windows.

The piece that the power window moves to make the window go up and down and slides along a track.

Mine is broken and I need a replacement.

Let me know what you have.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Blue Iroc R/T's Avatar

Re: WTB: power window plastic window track for '92 daytona

Autozone has them for $20. Also you local Dodge Dealer has them for "Just about the same price". After having two of the Autozone ones break shortly after installing, the last one we got from Mopar and it's still in there. They "LOOK" identical, but for some reason the AZ ones didn't hold up. It is pretty easy to install. After you get the door panel off, it only takes about 10 minutes.

FYI; for the cost of it, I wouldn't mess with trying to use a "USED" one. The plastic gets brittle over the years, so a used one could beak anytime. Just my opinion.
    Ralph Scott

93 Daytona Iroc R/T
    www.pbase.com/rmscott

Tow Vehicle/Daily Driver:
    02 Dakota Quad Cab 4x4
    http://www.pbase.com/rmscott/ralphs_dakota_quad_cab

Trust Me...I'm "The Doctor"™ Turbo Mopar Vendor LaserXT1986's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Iroc R/T View Post
    Autozone has them for $20. Also you local Dodge Dealer has them for "Just about the same price". After having two of the Autozone ones break shortly after installing, the last one we got from Mopar and it's still in there. They "LOOK" identical, but for some reason the AZ ones didn't hold up. It is pretty easy to install. After you get the door panel off, it only takes about 10 minutes.

FYI; for the cost of it, I wouldn't mess with trying to use a "USED" one. The plastic gets brittle over the years, so a used one could beak anytime. Just my opinion.
    As you said, the Autozonebreaks shortly after installation. The plastic is much more rigid, leading to less flexibility. In other words, it's a piece of sh_t.

For a couple bucks more you can get a Mopar part, and as you stated it's much wiser. For all the aggravation of putting this part in (with power windows it took me longer than 10 minutes lol), I sure don't wanna do it twice

BTW, to the original poster, zer0321, here is the part number out of the 1992 parts catalog, hopefully it hasn't been superseded:

4467214 GEAR PKG.

It's a universal part, that gets trimmed to fit (and the instructions enclosed tell you depending upon which style car you have). Hope this helps!
    David C. Lucidi/1986 Chrysler Laser XT aka "K.I.T.T"
    Authorized TM Decal Vendor:

"SDAC-Club decals": National & many others.
    "Turbo-Mopar": All Decals in store.
    "Turbos Unleashed": Decals in the TU store.
    "Custom and One of a Kind": PM me your specific needs!
    "G-BODY TURBO,TURBO Z, SHELBY Z decals": 100% authentic exact reproduction of factory originals, guaranteed to meet concourse level restorations.

Hybrid booster

I broke two of the az ones putting them in! Finally got it on the third try. If i rember the were only $12. If you can't get or find a mopar one, most parts stores have them in the HELP! section.

the # is still 4467214, most every dealership will have one on the shelf $24.60

Garrett booster

Thanks guys, I didnt even think to check the auto parts stores, and the local dealers seem to have alot of trouble getting parts for these cars. So this will be easier than I thought.

Hybrid booster

I think the key to making the AZ "Help" ones last is cleaning the track. I removed the track from the door, cleaned it in the parts washer, straightened out and kinks and lubed it well using white spray grease when putting it back together. AZ part is still holding up months later.

The factory grease on the track is really hard and sticky by now, which is probably what cause the failure to begin with.

Both my windows go up and down quickly and smoothly now (even in the midst of winter), while before they would struggle and slow down towards the top.

Last edited by lametec; 08-20-2008 at 04:01 PM.

Trust Me...I'm "The Doctor"™ Turbo Mopar Vendor LaserXT1986's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lametec View Post
    I think the key to making the AZ "Help" ones last is cleaning the track. I removed the track from the door, cleaned it in the parts washer, straightened out and kinks and lubed it well using white spray grease when putting it back together. AZ part is still holding up months later.

The factory grease on the track is really hard and sticky by now, which is probably what cause the failure to begin with.

Both my windows go up and down quickly and smoothly now (even in the midst of winter), while before they would struggle and slow down towards the top.
    You are 100% correct about the cleaning and re-greasing, this should be listed in the instructions from Mopar but I don't believe it is, and if not done won't help the window move up/down any faster.

But the bottom line is the Autozone one, the "HELP" brand, is a plastic POS.

I broke TWO, just unraveling it out of the package!! I mean cmon, just STRAIGHTENING it out? And this was from TWO different stores, since neither store had more than one. They are junk.

Ever notice the Mopar one is FLAT? (See picture below for a partial shot) Gee, I wonder why Ma Mopar wouldn't want to roll it up and save on shipping space as well as shelf space....

Not to mention that you can feel the difference..Mopar one is almost like a Nylon material....The "Help" brand ones at Autozone feel like cast acrylic...very very brittle and NOT good for flexing.

Put it this way...you could bend the Mopar one over itself and flatten it, and aside from ruining it with a "seam bend", it wouldn't break. Try that with the Help one and let me know what happens after you clean up the shards from it exploding
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0191.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	9996  
    David C. Lucidi/1986 Chrysler Laser XT aka "K.I.T.T"
    Authorized TM Decal Vendor:

"SDAC-Club decals": National & many others.
    "Turbo-Mopar": All Decals in store.
    "Turbos Unleashed": Decals in the TU store.
    "Custom and One of a Kind": PM me your specific needs!
    "G-BODY TURBO,TURBO Z, SHELBY Z decals": 100% authentic exact reproduction of factory originals, guaranteed to meet concourse level restorations.