Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Pioneer DEX-77

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: The Pioneer DEX-77

For what it's worth, there are a lot of guys out there with the capability to fix these. Though most of them are older and in a position to command exorbitant sums for their time from what I've seen.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs0075's Avatar

My display not working makes it so frustrating not knowing what's going on! I pulled my deck out, cleaned the wiring conections and tightened a loose ground. I hoped this would fix my issues, but nothing. I had to go to a car show 1.5 hours away and ran out of time, so just tucked the deck loosely into place. While I'm driving, it slowly bounced out. My wife leans over to push it back, bumps a button and I here the beap it makes when buttons are pushed. My poor wife appologizes, I go crazy because it hasn't beaped with button input in several days! I enter my code (luckily it's still the default 0000) and low and behold the radio comes on! I haven't tried the CD yet (too scared, don't plan on using it anyway), I drove the car to work this morning, and the radio came on right away when I started the car! For almost 24 hours now I've had a working radio!

Stephen: 1987 GLHS #0075, 1965 Polara 880 convertible
    SDAC National- proud member
    Western Canada SDAC- proud member
    www.wc-tm.com
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!" Number 6

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

that's great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12