Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '87 Shelby Lancer #527 A/L

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

'87 Shelby Lancer #527 A/L

PM for cell number
    Price: $900

I've had this car for a year or so. Didn't run when I got it, needed a new fuel pump. Starts right up now.

There is some rust, check the pictures for details. It's mainly in the rear quarters, underneath is a little flaky, but take a look at the floors in the pictures, not even thin. I pulled the entire interior out to clean and coat the floors in expectation of rust. The pictures show the process.

Stuff:
    Includes almost full spare interior (seats front and rear, door panels, plastic panels, overhead console, many pieces, tried to select best parts when reinstalling after cleanup).
    Shelby items intact minus VC (number plate, rear medallion, steering wheel, horn button, CSS wheels no center caps).
    Paint is in decent shape, pictures will show an off colored Driver fender, included is correct color fender with shelby graphics.
    Spare front doors, current passenger door was vanalized, still operates.
    Pictures show no ground affects, they are inside the car, need refinishing.

Engine:
    Runs decent
    Stage II LM
    Currently no BOV installed, IC bypassed with T1 hose, can include an RFL mounted on pipe.

Odds and Ends:
    Wipers/Blinkers don't work. Installed a spare column, didn't fix it, will include the original column that has a broke signal stalk and CC.

I've only driven this car around the block once. It pulls right and the trans seems loose. Tires are dry rotted. Will need to be towed.

This car has PLENTY of potential, I do not see myself having time for a restoration on it for a couple years, so if the right buyer comes along it's available.

Questions? Ask away. Can assist with transport within reason.

Pictures: http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z...0Lancer%20527/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2890.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	535.3 KB 
ID:	9978  
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Re: '87 Shelby Lancer #527 A/L

I want that so bad. Someone please buy this.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Hmmmm.....Is the interior back in the car?

How are the frame rails, underneath, etc?

Guess I didn't take a picture of it all back together Yes interior is fully installed, plus most of the spare interior is inside the car, minus the spare seats(front and back). I can take pictures this weekend.

Rails are solid from what I saw. No holes underneath but the undercoating it flaking off in places.

Forgot to mention, it has 3 shelby mats, it's missing the passenger front mat. From what I understand they are from an 89 CSX?
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Should have mentioned no DEX of course... Rear speakers look to be the stock Pioneer (Pioneer covers still there also), but the fronts have been changed. I put my Alpine radio in, this radio has an internal XM tuner and an AUX adapter to plug an MP3 player into. Great little radio...
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Mitsu booster

I'm surprised there's not more interest for this car for the price. I recently sold mine (apprently too cheap) and within 24 hours of it being advertised it was paid for in full, with people waiting, cash in hand in case the deal fell through. It was a 5 speed, but it had bad floors, bad decklid, bad brakes, bubbling quarters and the wrong interior. Perhaps it's just that these cars are in really short supply in the motor city these days.

Good luck with selling yours, hopefully some one will see the potential and save it!

I would buy it for sure if it were in my area. I'd almost be willing to sell parts currently on my car to get a Lancer. That one looks in great shape too for the price.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

I'd be interested but I already have one..
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    I would buy it for sure if it were in my area. I'd almost be willing to sell parts currently on my car to get a Lancer. That one looks in great shape too for the price.
    I love the lancers too!!
    this one looks like a really good starter for resto good luck with the sale, if you were closer id be all over it!

......guess Ill just have to get that other L body I was lookin at last week

H-bodies are my favorite (SL's in particular). I just feel like I'm doing this SL an injustice by letting it sit. I really do not NEED to sell it. It is more of an opportunity for someone else.

-Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Gary

Those are the correct floormats for the 87 Shelby Lancer. The 89 CSX ones look like these:

If I didn't have my main project in front of me (my CSX) I'd be visiting you Scott and Sean up there when picking this thing up. Talk about a deal!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Floormats (4).jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	300.5 KB 
ID:	10052  

Billy, I just looked up my old thread about floor mats and checked the parts numbers vs. what was posted in the thread... Looks like they are CSX-T mats, not 89 CSX or 87 SL... weird... I have pictures of the part numbers if anyone wants to see.

btw... I don't live up near the W-NYers I'm between the NE-SDAC and DV-SDAC crews (member of both).
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

I have spare parts I may be willing to pass along with it... ie '89 Daytona Shelby k-frame... Maybe some rims...

edit: also have a new walbro 255 mounted on the hanger and ready to go in...
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Resident Nuke Turbo Mopar Contributor denviola's Avatar

Gary, Hoagie told me at the SV picnic that he wants it, so I'll step aside. Out of town temporarily anyhow. LMK if nobody steps up.
    Denny
    SDAC Member, Steel City Chapter SDAC Member, SV-SDAC member, SV-TD Member
    www.sv-td.com
    85 600 ES Turbo Conv., 91 Spirit R/T
    2014 RAM Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab Dually. 6.7 CTD, AISIN, 4.10 gear
    68 GS400 (owned since 1973, someday 455)
    2012 Can-AM RT Limited

It would be great to keep it localish. I'll see how it works out with Greg and let you know.
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

I'm in NJ where the car is located for the next two weeks... Probably going to start it and move it around a bit, cut the grass down and all.
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Quote Originally Posted by mcsvt View Post

I'm in NJ where the car is located for the next two weeks... Probably going to start it and move it around a bit, cut the grass down and all.
    Can you take any underneath pics?
    How are the seats?
    I'll try and call you sometime this weekend.
    Denny
    www.sv-td.com
    2012 Can-AM RT Limited

I can take pics of anything Denny, I'll pull it into the garage and put it on the ramps for some good shoots. The seats are ok, I have two sets, the best ones being in the car now. If I remember correctly the ones in the car now are a little dried out, but not no major rips. I'll post some pics of them as well.

Just noticed I got a call from Greg tonight, not sure if he will be coming to the DV meeting tomorrow, if not I'm going to try and get back to him.
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Quote Originally Posted by mcsvt View Post
    I can take pics of anything Denny, I'll pull it into the garage and put it on the ramps for some good shoots. The seats are ok, I have two sets, the best ones being in the car now. If I remember correctly the ones in the car now are a little dried out, but not no major rips. I'll post some pics of them as well.

Just noticed I got a call from Greg tonight, not sure if he will be coming to the DV meeting tomorrow, if not I'm going to try and get back to him.
    Good, was thinking Hoagie was just teasing me at the SV picnic. LMK and thanks.
    Denny
    www.sv-td.com
    2012 Can-AM RT Limited

Hybrid booster

call me back if you are not going to meeting we can get together to see it thanks greg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast