Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woot for Dual Diaphragm thanks

boostaholic

Re: Woot for Dual Diaphragm thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    I just built an extended arm. i left the stock hole intact in case i want to go back. Right not its letting go at the floor (maybe not even fully disengaging since I cant start the car at the moment to find out).
    Gonna go buy some washers to use as spacers on top of the trans. I dont use the rubber spacer.
    Brent
    I lengthened an arm on a DD plate car recently and got a shorter(non 568)cable for it. Had to jack up the arm to get the clip on the bottom of the cable but that setup engaged about an inch down from fully out.

turbo addict

So what you pretty much did is take all the adjustment out of the auto adjuster. My clutch used to be like that with a different clutch arm but it was a little "too much" and it was riding the clutch.

I am sure if I put more spacers on I could achieve that. I dont think our auto adjuster likes heavy pressure plates.

boostaholic

I dont think our auto adjuster likes heavy pressure plates.
    Neither does the cable ends......

turbo addict

At least the longer arm goes easier on them.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

go to the cable section of home depot and get some cable that will slide into the stock sheath. terminate the cable with a loop at the end using the crimp on thingies. drill the stock pedal for a bolt across it and put it through the loop and secure it on the other side. run the cable up over the quadrant thing and through the sheath and through the hole in the arm. terminate the other end in a creative way so that you can slide washers here and there to take out the slack. you could make some kind of threaded thing too.

if i ever have to run a dual diaphragm, ill be making my own cable.

i made a cable for my nissan sentra cause the old one broke when i was at home depot.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

turbo addict

I drove it thursday night and the clutched seemed to work good. Maybe better then before. I dont know if it was completely disengaging before because the shifts were really easy with the 1" or so of shims I added. I didnt pay a lot of attention to the clutch pedal though. I will get more feedback on it later. Its definitly a lot easier though.
    Before, when I drove that car, if I got in my stock clutch Spirit, it would feel like the stock clutch had snapped the cable because in comparison it felt weightless. This would even happen days later.

turbo addict

Thought maybe the clutch was slipping recently on drag radials but we found out that the drag radials "hop" when they are barely breaking loose and vibrate the whole car.

Clutch was able to spin 4th gear from a roll on drag radials a few nights ago.
    So it seems to be handling the load so far. Will see what happens when it gets over 500ft/lb in the future.

No problems with the extended arm. Definitely easier on the leg.

Thought maybe the clutch was slipping recently on drag radials but we found out that the drag radials "hop" when they are barely breaking loose and vibrate the whole car.

Clutch was able to spin 4th gear from a roll on drag radials a few nights ago.
    So it seems to be handling the load so far. Will see what happens when it gets over 500ft/lb in the future.

No problems with the extended arm. Definitely easier on the leg.
    Glad to hear the clutch is working well for you. I m sure it will hold up at 500 ft/lbs also. Keep us informed.

Happy Holidays!

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

Well I calculated it "should' hold well over 800ft/lb but Ill never find out lol.

This last year was nice because I only spent money on a pressure plate beyond normal maintenance and small crap.

turbo addict

Well I calculated it "should' hold well over 800ft/lb but Ill never find out lol.

This last year was nice because I only spent money on a pressure plate beyond normal maintenance and small crap.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123