Thread: Honduh gets schooled... lol

Garrett booster

Honduh gets schooled... lol

The only reason I feel the need to mention this, is due to the fact that it was a Honda, it was brand new, and it was shinny black! lol
    I haven't had a good race in quite a while, and this was not anything to put into that catagory, by any means.

On my way home from work yesterday (out in the country, near my house) I had to slow up for a guy making a left hand turn. I noticed a new black Honda in my rear veiw mirror (no clue what model). The man driving it was with his wife, and I'd guess them in their mid to late 50's. As the person in front of me made his turn, and cleared our path, I noticed the Honda nose out past center, to see if the coast was clear, for a pass of the slow Jeep in front of him. Just so happens that it was clear as a bell, so out he slingshots to blow my doors off in his nice, new, foreign, quiet as a mouse, 40 gazillion miles to the gallon import! I, being of sound mind and American blood, wasn't about to let this happen. I was at about 2,500rpm in second gear when I nailed it. He backed off and got over before I was at the top of third, lol as I had matched his speed and started pulling on him.
    These 33" tires, and a meager 10 psi of boost is not the best setup for racing imports, but it got the job done, and probably left the new Honda owner wondering WTF!

Re: Honduh gets schooled... lol

hahahaha Damn Joel, how's that thing do in the snow??

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by BIG PSI
    hahahaha Damn Joel, how's that thing do in the snow??
    Very well if driven easy... But if you romp on it, it can be a squirrelly handfull, at best! lol That's one of the reasons the boost gets lowered in the winter. Even with only 10psi, it can spin all 4 33's easily in the snow! I've come close to a 360 a time or two, before I even knew what hit me!

Garrett booster

Oh, come on! I can get all 4 turning easy in my 4.0 XJ, no turbo. I'm sure in that thing you can do more than get all 4 turning. Love that turbo Jeep.

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrrboJeep
    The only reason I feel the need to mention this, is due to the fact that it was a Honda, it was brand new, and it was shinny black! lol
    I haven't had a good race in quite a while, and this was not anything to put into that catagory, by any means.
    I worked with someone that was from Michigan. He had a Toyota and went home to visit his parents. Told me in MI, it you drove an import, people weren't very receptive and would want to run you off the road. He went back and told me it was becoming more commonplace now, but still did get alot of evil stares. ( 7 years ago)