Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would anyone be interested in.....

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Re: Would anyone be interested in.....

Sorry, I've been a bit distracted, I still want one, with only the car side not assembled. I'll paypal you when I get a moment (and a little more $$ ).

Mike

PS John, if you're coming to the meet next week, maybe you could bring it along? I always like to fondle stuff before I buy it (if I can).
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by black86glhs View Post
    This is easily done. Let me know how much harness you need on the drivers side and I can do it.
    I want it just like the factory length just exiting out the other side...I guess just flip floped

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Andy and everyone else, here is the latest harness.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Damn those look good. whats the price?

Regular harness with no modifications...$65. I am currently out of the L-shaped main connector. If you send me the male side of the connector with a couple inches of wire, I'll do it for $60. The weather pack connector like in the picture....add $15 to the regular harness price. $5 additional for adding a foot of wire to the harness like in the picture above.
    Bryan

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

I'm in for a couple...
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by GLHSKEN View Post
    I'm in for a couple...
    Ken, I'll seeya the weekend of the 19th so be ready! I'll have this harness and the weather pack connector with me if you would like to take a peek at it.

Good stuff...can you say "let's get rid of a bunch of needless underhood wiring by sending the fuel injector harness straight to the SMEC?

boostaholic

i got a harness from him and its nice i just thought that everyone else would benefit from the explanation he gave me

this is for a 91 t1 harness (they have sequential firing instead of batch)

As for the wires, here is the rundown on what goes to what.
    Green--Power to all injectors, same color in new harness.
    White/blue stripe--Inj #1 ground wire. Find wire on new harness marked #1 and splice them together.
    Tan--Inj #2 ground wire. Find wire on new harness marked #2 and splice them together.
    Yellow/white stripe--Inj #3 ground wire. Find wire on new harness marked #3 and splice them together.
    Blue--Inj #4ground wire. Find wire in new harness marked #4 and splice them together.
    Black wire with the connector on it is the knock sensor connector.
    Those crimp connectors are really easy to use. Strip about 3/16" of the insulation off the harness wires. Insert them in the correct connector and crimp the connector and wire together. Do this for all 6 wires. These connectors are heat shrink type. After you crimp all the wires you can take a lighter or a smale soldering flame and heat the end of the connector and it will shrink down around the wire. Be careful not to leave the flame in one spot too long, it will try to burn the connector. This will make the connector weather tight.
    Any other questions, let me know.

good bump for a good guy

Quote Originally Posted by badandy View Post
    I want it just like the factory length just exiting out the other side...I guess just flip floped
    I should have shown you this on my car last year. I did the same thing, but made a 10-pin pig tail to include O2, injectors, temp sensor and knock sensor. Mine exits out the driver's side, under the TB to eliminate clutter. Only difference is I'm using some Molex connectors that are similar to the GM style pin connectors.

And that price is worth the time and parts involved. Selling a little less that it's worth, in my opinion. Nice and clean.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the great comments guys, means a lot to get .
    Bryan

boostaholic

at first i thought the price was steep... but then i thought about it and it all made sense... kinda like not wanting to take somehting to your machinist to get a stud drilled out for 35 bucks... ya i might be able to do it at home but what happens if i break the easy out off in there?

waaaaaay worth it to have a pro take it on lol

I will no longer be doing the injector harnesses. Schedule issues, lack of interest and the rise in parts costs are the reasons. I'll answer any qestions like always so feel free to contact me with any. I may still do one or two for those who are deserving, but not going to do it full time.
    Omni-Potent, time to step up and start making them....lol.
    Bryan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12