Thread: FP Gauge

FP Gauge

Where is the best place to mount one under the hood? Also where is the best place to tee in the fuel line for nitrous? I was going to tee in right before the fuel rail for the nitrous, and somewhere before that for the gauge. Is that a good way to do it?

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: FP Gauge

If you are trying to tee into the fuel feed line before the rail to spray the nitrus that won't work too well. Check out the kits at summit of jegs. You will see that they either have a nozzle that will spray into the intake before the TB usually, or nozzles that add fuel and no2 in the manifold.

You can tee into the fuel line for the pressure gauge though. I have seen pics of guys setups who have done that. They seem to like it.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by cordes
    If you are trying to tee into the fuel feed line before the rail to spray the nitrus that won't work too well. Check out the kits at summit of jegs. You will see that they either have a nozzle that will spray into the intake before the TB usually, or nozzles that add fuel and no2 in the manifold.
    haha. He means to tee in the feed line for the fuel supply on the nitrous kit. And yes that will work.

A FP guage could be run in that same spot or off of the schrader valve on the fuel rail. But if running it off the schader valve make sure to run a length of braided line off the rail and then to the guage. Guages mounted directly on the rail have shown to cause stress from vibration and crack the rail.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

I would just use a brass block and tee off the rubber line at the fuel rail. I have cracked my fuel rail having a guage on there so a line wouldn't be much better. The rails are just too fragile.

Like so-

and I put my guage here-I just need one for setting fuel pressure.

1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by 89DaytonaTII
    haha. He means to tee in the feed line for the fuel supply on the nitrous kit. And yes that will work.
    Yeah, that would be a whole different thing I guess.

Yeah, that would be a whole different thing I guess.

Thanks for the pics turbovanman. Is there any reason to mount the gauge inside the van? I will probably mount mine in the same area as yours. I guess my only question now is should I tee in for the gauge before or after the fuel feed for the nitrous?

Wait, wouldn't I want the gauge to be after the FPR?

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

You can mount it anywhere, except on the return line as the pressure will be the same at any point.
    You can't legally mount a mechanical guage inside the car due to the risk of a leak and fire. If you want to mount one inside the car, buy an electric unit.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    You can't legally mount a mechanical guage inside the car due to the risk of a leak and fire.
    without an isolater kit

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

No, There is LOW pressure afrter the reg. The guage has to be mounted before the reg.
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    If you want to mount one inside the car, buy an electric unit.
    Right, I figured that. Are they much more money and is there a good reason to mount one inside? I also heard mounting the gauge on the firewall isn't NHRA legal, or is that an AFPR?

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Rat
    Right, I figured that. Are they much more money and is there a good reason to mount one inside? I also heard mounting the gauge on the firewall isn't NHRA legal, or is that an AFPR?
    the isolators and straight electircal gauges are coming down in price, but they were still more expensive the last time I checked.

I like the idea of having a FP gauge in the car for the fact that you can see your FP and make sure that it is where it should be for the boost you are running. Altough it would probably not prevent major damage should the fuel pump decided to take a dump on you instantly as one could probably not react that fast.

the isolators and straight electircal gauges are coming down in price, but they were still more expensive the last time I checked.

I like the idea of having a FP gauge in the car for the fact that you can see your FP and make sure that it is where it should be for the boost you are running. Altough it would probably not prevent major damage should the fuel pump decided to take a dump on you instantly as one could probably not react that fast.
    Good point. I actually prefer as few gauges as possible inside my van. I want it to look clean. I guess I'm going to copy turbovanman on his setup.

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

The accufab regs have a port for hooking a guage up on the reg.
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)