Thread: 1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager

1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager

My dad has this van. I was wondering if anyone knew why the dash cluster would go on and off? He has pulled the dash and cleaned everything off (dust) also used some electronic cleaning stuff to clean the connections. Now it's worse, It worked for a week or so but then stopped working alltogether.
    THoughts?
    2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Mods coming soon!

Re: 1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager

probably needs a circuited board, you could take it out and open it and look for cracked solder joints and try to reflow them. Does the whole thing quit?

Yes, everything electronic just turns off.
    2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Mods coming soon!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by JDAWG View Post
    probably needs a circuited board, you could take it out and open it and look for cracked solder joints and try to reflow them. Does the whole thing quit?
    I was going to say the same thing. They have a lot of problems with those. What sucks is anytime a part is outsourced its like a legal loophole and even though they should recall them they don't have to. My dad is running into the same problem with the school buses he has to maintain and repair. Its either International or freightliner, but their having all sorts of issues and with an underbudget issue at the school thats a "BIG" deal. Each of those 100 plus dollar clusters is taking money out of the fund that helps with school functions etc. gotta love it not.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]