Thread: Sheetmetal intake

Sheetmetal intake

Bought this awhile back just to try it out. This intake made awesome power from 4000-7000 RPM on my G headed 2.2 but it takes too much low end away from an engine that doesn't really have much to begin with LOL. I use to have a 2.5L in there and if I still did I wouldn't even be selling this. This intake gives some mad upper RPM power, with the stock cam I was making good power to 7200 RPM. So if you have a 2.5 and want to make some better upper RPM power and take some of that insane low end tire blowing torque away this intake is perfect for you!
    When I got the intake it had no fuel rail, no provision for charge temp sensor, and the throttle body area was only 46mm. I've mounted a 1 piece fuel rail, and it comes with the intake, I drilled and tapped for a charge temp sensor (but not included), and ported the TB inlet to 50mm. I could only get 50mm out of it because I feared going too thin, but it should make running a 52mm worth while, I was running a 52mm TB on it anyway.
    The intake has three 3/8'' nipples on it for vacuum ports. One is on the drivers side for the brake booster. Two are on the passenger side, one I used to go to a vacuum block, and the other went to the PCV valve.
    A stock fuel rail comes with it, but I have a modded fuel rail with the inner rail removed and dual feed 3/8'' inlet if desired. It has brass fittings soldered in, and then I use JB weld to cover up any possible pin hole leaks. Stock inlet is blocked off in favor of the higher flowing 3/8'' fittings. This rail should be good for 400+ WHP. Pics of that below.
    I will include the home made adjustable regulator you will see in the pics with the intake. With a walbro 255 pump it's adjustable from 45-65 PSI. Obviously just meant for fine tuning, not for running something like +40's on stock electronics.
    This intake must be installed in a car you don't care about cutting up. The lip thats on the fire wall needs ''clearanced'', LOL. Basically I cut some of the weather stripping off and beat the lip down with a hammer. I didn't actually have to grind any metal or anything.

Any questions feel free to ask. I paid $125 shipped for this, but have many hours into fabrication and making it better. Plus now it includes fuel rail and adjustable regulator. $150 shipped to the lower 48.
    On the modded fuel rail, with the intake it's another $25. Seperately, $50 shipped.

Last edited by moparzrule; 07-27-2008 at 06:39 AM.

Re: Sheetmetal intake

Pic of engine bay...

Oh one other thing. Highly recommend that you have poly mounts because with this intake you don't have a whole lot of firewall clearance, so you don't want that engine rocking back and forth much! I have poly front mount and bobble strut, and I had no issues. But if you have stock worn out mounts I could see it possibly being an issue.

Make an offer...

Must sell, $125 shipped including the modded fuel rail.

Going to ebay tonight if no interest by then...

Bump.

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post
    One last bump.