Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Any intrest in direct fit camber plates?

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

Re: Any intrest in direct fit camber plates?

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Any idea on price? I really need to start saving,
    Ahh yes the ultimate question...

I am shooting for $250 or less per set (both front pates) so that more people can afford them. That isn't bad considering that most camber plates that I have priced are ~$400. per set.

I will use a similar pricing calculation to what I do on the other waterjet stuff (cam adapters, etc). I hope to have it even cheaper but I don't have the prototype yet because the waterjet guy is pretty busy right now. He gives better prices if he knows I have been waiting a while so it is good for all of us to be patient.

They also require some extra machining for the bearing seat so I have to talk to him about that once I have the blanks. I don't have a mill so I can't do all of the extra machining myself home like I did for the cam adapters.

I still don't compete very well with big companies for prioirty in the cut line but hope to get something this week.

-Rich

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Not a bad price at all,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

I cut the spring perch off just above the weld and then put a ground control perch pad above that. So my coilovers don't have that issue at all.

I have seen some people use ebay kits that are actually supported by a perch just above the knuckle and in that case your concern is valid. Overall that isn't how it should be done though.
    ahh, good to know!

Helps me because i was thinking about converting to 2g neon struts+coilovers on my dynasty, but if i would lose even a few millimeters of clearance between tire and strut i couldnt do it. Clearance there with my 245/40r17s is VERY tight. Cant space wheels outward either, or they'd just hit the fender lip against the tread of the tire on compression.

so here's a thought. if you make a plate that will work with a 2g neon strut and the k-car strut tower, i could get any badass adjustable strut i wanted, any coilover spring rate i wanted, get my camber curve back at a lower ride height and still run my huge 245s...

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    ahh, good to know!

Helps me because i was thinking about converting to 2g neon struts+coilovers on my dynasty, but if i would lose even a few millimeters of clearance between tire and strut i couldnt do it. Clearance there with my 245/40r17s is VERY tight. Cant space wheels outward either, or they'd just hit the fender lip against the tread of the tire on compression.

so here's a thought. if you make a plate that will work with a 2g neon strut and the k-car strut tower, i could get any badass adjustable strut i wanted, any coilover spring rate i wanted, get my camber curve back at a lower ride height and still run my huge 245s...
    Overall the coilovers should give you MORE wheel clearence since the large spring perch is removed.

The strut tower shouldn't be a big deal. I just need to go to the junkyard and take some measurements and get a spring hat to mock it up against. The real difference is just the way the strut shaft connects into the adjuster. I am using an oversized bearing so I will just make 2-3 different types of bushings that go into the adjuster so people can use whatever strut they like.

I also need to take some measurements on the strut shafts to make the bushings but the adjuster is currently the top priority!

I will make it work. It should open up a lot more strut options as you pointed out which will be reall valuable because the Kcar konis are NS1 now.

-Rich

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
    Overall the coilovers should give you MORE wheel clearence since the large spring perch is removed.
    -Rich
    Not true, it depends on where the coil spring perch is. I had a set of coilovers on the van, and the spring perch collar was aprox half way down the tire so without spacers, it wouldn't clear so I had to wind the collar up to clear. To fix, I would have had to run a shorter spring.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Not true, it depends on where the coil spring perch is. I had a set of coilovers on the van, and the spring perch collar was aprox half way down the tire so without spacers, it wouldn't clear so I had to wind the collar up to clear. To fix, I would have had to run a shorter spring.

I should have clarified:

Assuming that the collar starts in the same position as the stock spring perch it is true.

On my lbody I have 8" springs with the collar starting in the stock locatoin to get near stock ride height (with daytona struts). I don't see a reason to lower the perch from stock. Springs are only $50-75 each from Eibach the last time I checked and the stock perch is easy to modify to hold a collar.

-Rich

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

I think Vigo was concerned about the perch which is now gone because of his tire height.
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

didnt 1g neon konis go the way of the dodo too?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    didnt 1g neon konis go the way of the dodo too?

Brian
    Shox.com still lists the koni sports. They are better than the kcar struts which were from the special line.

There are tokico's, B&G, and a number of others available for the 1G neon.

I will do some more research on the topic but I should be able to support pretty much any of the options...

-Rich

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

cool

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

my clearance issue is between the tire and the strut body.. anybody running tires less than like 25.5" outside diameter should be ok with the k-car spring perch location.. but i havent really looked to see if the neon struts perch location will be a problem for those running tall tires. honestly, i like a shorter tire on these cars but then you have to lower it more to get a good wheelgap and sticking with stock struts makes that a pretty bumpy, uncontrolled ride. my aries actually bottoms out the struts in the front with 23" tires and a lot of lowering, which is why anything that would allow me to use shorter neon struts would dramatically improve its ride and handling.

It looks like some progress is finally being made on these.

Would people be willing to put a $50 deposit on these so I know how many to make and how serious people are?

Also, if someone happens to have the inside diameter measurement of the center strut tower hole on a daytona that would help. I the dimensions all out but forgot that meausurement and my dimensions depend on it... If not I will get it from the junkyard over the weekend.

Thanks,

Rich

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

I'll pay in full if one of the first sets has my name on it... PM me your Paypal addy.

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Andy Stachar in Memphis was asking me about my camber plates, but this looks like a better solution for those who don't want to modify the strut towers. I'll send him a PM and mention this; maybe he'll be interested.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Before commiting, what do you figure it would cost? I want one for a 92 Lebaron gtc convertible, the hole at the top of the strut tower is 2.24 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by crazymadbastard View Post
    Before commiting, what do you figure it would cost? I want one for a 92 Lebaron gtc convertible, the hole at the top of the strut tower is 2.24 inches.
    Thanks for the measurement!

I will get a full cost next week and won't take deposits before then so that everyone knows exactly what the details are.

I don't know what the full setup fees for the machine work will be yet.

The main reason for the deposit is so I make the right number of them. I have have a bunch of cam adapters laying around because I made more than what people bought and I don't want to do that again.

-Rich

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
    I have have a bunch of cam adapters laying around because I made more than what people bought and I don't want to do that again.

-Rich
    ?Que

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    ?Que

Mike
    Too much inventory is bad especially when sales don't cover the cost of the production run. That I don't want to repeat.

-Rich

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

I would be interested. These will fit l-bodies correct?
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

turbo addict

P-Body?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast