Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buyer Beware-BAD SELLER Envyyourethics

Re: Buyer Beware-BAD SELLER Envyyourethics

Will, I sent you a PM. The guys location listed is about 50 miles from where I live. If I can be of any help, let me know.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Will Martin View Post
    Oh no doubt! lol I was born and raised in Indiana, lived there the first 18 years of my life. So I'll "try" to time it around a good home game, that way I can kill two birds with one stone.
    I can hook you up, we have 3 season tickets. Our seats in the new stadium are on the 5 yard line 1st row above the suites.
    Brad Pennington-Proud SDAC Member 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Premium Turbo Convertible 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT Competition 1 of 30

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    His holiday, he's going on vacation with is family,
    gotcha...
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

Anybody have his address? I wonder how close he is to me.

I use paypal, but it's no better than sending a money order as far as able to get your money back if the guy doesn't send the goods. If the money is not in their paypal account, they cannot recover anything for you.

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post
    Anybody have his address? I wonder how close he is to me.

I use paypal, but it's no better than sending a money order as far as able to get your money back if the guy doesn't send the goods. If the money is not in their paypal account, they cannot recover anything for you.
    If you look at his profile it is there. I did a quick google search and his town is about 50 mi north of me.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by TurbododgePirate View Post
    If you look at his profile it is there. I did a quick google search and his town is about 50 mi north of me.
    Looks like hes pretty close to the Steel City guys. You should all do a monthly meeting over at his house. Go get that 360!

I can't say that I ever met the kid. I stopped having local meetings at my farm. I think he wanted to buy a motor from me, but nothing ever came of it.

Hybrid booster

I'm 20 minutes from him. I'm certain some of my Mopar Mafia associates are up for a road trip...
    '88 Lebaron convertible. RWD 408/A500/8.75" 466hp/511tq. First pass coming soon.... '05 Magnum R/T. 13.79@102 Member SWPA-SDAC. The Steel city chapter.

Hybrid booster

Thanks for all the support guys. It shows on his profile he's a member of "Mid Atlantic Turbo Mopar". Not sure if he's the only member or not but I'm sure he has "friends" on here and the other site.

Hybrid booster

He has made arrangements to get me my stuff on Friday so I will post something after this happens.

Hybrid booster

Since when?! Well, we'll see if/when it happens. Last I remember hearing something about a tracking number from him.....never got it or the X-Box 360. If you don't mind me asking, how did he contact you, or did you contact him? Is he aware of this thread?

Hybrid booster

Looks like he has given me lip service on this yet another time.

Since he is just over 18 now he will be treated like an adult.

Monday I am contacting the foster care out there where he is at since his paperwork to get out of the foster home he was at and be on his own has not gone through - they will love to hear that he is ripping people off, his foster parents that was taking care of him and the local pd if needed.

He must think everyone is stupid or ignorant - little does he know that I have been on the planet twice as long as him and have been through more stuff than he will ever see or can imagine and know how to get things taken care of.

I gave him plenty of chances and time to contact me with nothing - communications is all I asked him for.

TD board members are not helping me in any way - kinda reminds me of another forum board out there...

If you can help pm me!

Thanks
    Last edited by clarkwhoracing; 07-27-2008 at 07:25 AM.

Hybrid booster

I'm working on a nice special package for him as we speak. It will take a while as I have to work but hopefully his amount due will be x10 after court/lawyer fees, plane tickets, etc. By the time I'm done with him, he will wish he'd given me the X-Box and taken care of this sooner. He doesn't know the line of work I'm in, but it's nice to be connected to Law Enforcement and legal systems around the world. Family/personal problems or not, if you've fallen on bad times, the key is to communicate with people and just be honest. Obviously, he was out to scam as he owes Clarkwhoracing even more.
    Contact me if you have some good information. I might make a trip out to get my stuff + my expenses.

Hybrid booster

Since when?! Well, we'll see if/when it happens. Last I remember hearing something about a tracking number from him.....never got it or the X-Box 360. If you don't mind me asking, how did he contact you, or did you contact him? Is he aware of this thread?
    Ohhh... he did say this in the last e-mail to me:

This sender is DomainKeys verified
    "richard blah" <envyyourethics@yahoo.com>
    Add sender to Contacts
    To:
    clarkwhoracing@yahoo.com
    I will be there friday, I am having a buddy drive me up as the car is now waiting for a wiring harness, a fuel pump, all relays, drainback hose, brakebooster, mastercylinder, ect. Its amazing what a little fire can do. I actually was planning on shipping the xbox this week, as my caseworker got that and my clothes back to me finally, and with him taking action I can now not use my paypal account as that issue is pending.

I am sure he contacted you on this also.....

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by clarkwhoracing View Post
    I am sure he contacted you on this also.....
    I see. So in his eyes, I wonder what was I supposed to do with the PayPal issue? Just let it go? Like you said, I've been on this earth twice as long as he has and I not only have the money but the resources to get what's mine. In the latest e-mail, he has a "friend" contact me, but it's using the same e-mail.

"Hello, this is Ben, a friend of Richards, he is having some really complicated family and monetary issues right now, but if you send me your address I will take care of the issue for him. I have picked up most of his stuff from his previous foster family and he told me to try and make things right.

Send me a list of what is owwed and address and I will have it right out to you.

Sorry for any inconvenience."

I sent him BOTH of my address' for either USPS or Fed Ex, UPS etc. Like there isn't a soul on this board that does not have complicated family and money issues. The point is, don't do business with someone and try to screw them over and continue your life like nothing's wrong! That has nothing to do with money issues. The family thing...well I can understand there being some issues that would completely take you out of the game, but then you CONTACT the other party and at least let them know what's up? I mean, am I wrong for what I did? Probably not! Dude just needs to set things right with the two of us and anyone else he's screwed over and go on with his life. I'll PM you some information when I get home later, I'm at work now.

Hybrid booster

His friend Ben I believe came out with him when he picked the car up - there were 3 other "young ones" with him.

He has no net so his buddy is relaying information and e-mails - sad to say with what is going on that is not the thing to do since he is messing with 2 knowledgeable guys that know how to take care of business.

This can all be resolved like you said if he steps up. I just want my money and rims/tires back then whatever happens with his situations is his thing. He lied to me for the last time since he still has not showed up and was supposed to - guess he thinks problems just disappear.....

He also has not checked his pm's since the 13th when I last checked.

I also told him to take it easy with the car and to go over it well since I did not do it when I had the car and sounds like he burned it good.

We will be in contact and formulate something. He is 3.5 hours away from me and if I have to drive the hemi truck out there - well he will be coughing up even more $$$ for my gas money.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor CSX321's Avatar

FWIW, I paid him for a part last year. He told me several times it would be shipped, but it never was. However, he did refund my money when I asked him to, so I was only out a couple of bucks in PayPal fees.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by CSX321 View Post
    FWIW, I paid him for a part last year. He told me several times it would be shipped, but it never was. However, he did refund my money when I asked him to, so I was only out a couple of bucks in PayPal fees.
    I know it's another site, but I'm just wondering how in the heck did he get so many positive seller ratings then? Hmm.... In any case, he's obviously not a person that you'd want to "envy his ethics".

Garrett booster

I've also been burned by this guy!

Sent him money for a head and swingvalve on the 7th of June, no parts no money...

Does anyone have his address?

Mitsu booster

The kid owes me $50 dollars back or a cam sprocket.... I pm'ed him a couple of times and got the same run around you guys are getting, family issues etc. I really don't need the sprocket anymore, so in my last PM, I asked him just to return the $50, he has been on the board since then, but hasn't responded..... Hopefully somebody can catch up with him and at least "set him straight".... Regards, Steve

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast