Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buyer Beware-BAD SELLER Envyyourethics

Hybrid booster

Buyer Beware-BAD SELLER Envyyourethics

Richard Irvin Bier, aka Envyyourethics posted an XBox 360 for sale here:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26247

After checking this site, I found nothing bad listed about him and checked his status on the "other site" and found several positive dealings, so I had nothing to give me any bad vibes.

I contacted him via PM on June 10, 2008 requesting pictures of the XBox 360 and asked why he was selling it. He replied back the same day stating it was given as a gift and had only been used about 5 times.

On June 17, 2008, he sends me several pictures to my e-mail address of the system taken on his cell phone. He states that's the only way he could take the pics, and everything seems legit. I ask him how he wants payment and he gives me his address, but states to add 3% if I plan on paying via PayPal.

On June 20, 2008 I sent payment to him via PayPal for $309.00 USD. On June 24, 2008 I send him a PM and an e-mail asking if he'd gotten the payment and if he'd sent it out.

Seeing how I hadn't heard from him in any way or form and his activity on the boards was getting less and less, I went through the "proper" process on Pay Pal earlier, just in case.

On June 28, I get a PM from him stating he was sorry for the delay and he'd had some personal family issues, the X-box would go out that week, he would provide a tracking number as well and he was "very sorry for the wait."

That was the last I ever heard from this scum bag. Now he has been on the board several times since his last PM to me, but he never sent me a message or an e-mail or an X-box 360.

The reason I waited so long to post this is because I just won my complaint case through PayPal tonight but they're "unable to recover any funds."

So buyer beware. I know there are people on here that knows him, and I hope this message reaches him and he comes around and gives me my money back. I and really hope this "young man" doesn't think because I'm in Canada that he's untouchable. I'm definitely NOT Canadian and will not have any problems coming to PA and taking this to a higher level.
    Last edited by Clay; 07-20-2008 at 10:29 AM.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Re: Buyer Beware-BAD SELLER Envyyourethics

Richard, I am going to give you some advice and you better heed it, DO NOT F*CK with this man, he will turn your life upside down and you will never have an easy life if you don't give him his money back or the Xbox. You've been warned.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

Well as of right now he owes me $700 and a set of 16" pumpers and tires back.

I know he has issues in his life but that is not a valid reason to hold other people up.

I have been patient with him but it is getting to the point of being absurd with what he is doing.

Thing is I need the money to pay bills of which I am late on now.

Richard - take care of business.
    Last edited by clarkwhoracing; 07-27-2008 at 07:22 AM.

turbo addict

Maybe this is why his name is "envyYOURethics" and not "envyMYethics"?

Sucks. I hope it all works out. We dont need any more scamming in this community.

Hybrid booster

I know I have delt with him in the past with good results. I even sold him a car. Hopefully he can get this worked out.

Hybrid booster

He said he was buddies with the mods on Turbo Dodge and I asked them to contact me and I have not heard anything.

Sucks also that he came out to take the car and brought the wrong rims so I lent him the pumpers I was keeping to get back to his place and get me the money he owed me and bring the rims back. Seemed sincere and honest then and on the phone.

I tried contacting him this morning and nothing - his phone also is no longer valid and I suppose his address also. I am giving him to Tonight to get me my money and tires - if nothing then I will do what I have to get my stuff starting Monday.

I am trying to avoid issues but he is costing me already over $100 in late fees on a few of my bills of which he said he could paypal me earlier in the week the money and nothing.

Any help from someone on here would be good.
    Last edited by clarkwhoracing; 07-27-2008 at 07:23 AM.

Don't count on Turbododge, Rick won't help and doesn't care.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Hybrid booster

It's Really Sad, That We Are ,pretty Much In This Together,and Should
    Trust,one ,onother,and At Times,shipping Can,get Delayed,with Personal
    Issues, But,like You Said Some Can Be ''scumbags''
    Ruin It For All Of Us.

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Everyone, please send me copies of your PM's with him. I am going to make it so he can only see the Feedback section until he resolves this.

Frank
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

I purchased a clutch from him months ago....I got it in a very timely manner, and didnt have any problems at all. Another guy in town did however, and it took him a MUCH longer time to recieve his stuff, when we ordered around the same time....

as for the "paypal couldnt retrieve any funds"...i think this is BULLSHIT....seems like they can never get your money back?? you call this buy protection??? they take 3% from EVERYTHING, and cant even help out customers.

I got screwed on a 2.5" swingvalve, and they recovered $8 out of 50 for me...yay. now im getting screwed on ebay, for 25 euros....lets see how much of that I actually get back...

good luck, hopefully you have better results than I did.

boostaholic

8 dollars out of 50?!?!?! WTF is that?!?!? Yea your right..paypal is bull shiet, i am glad i havn't had a bad deal....(knocks on wood)...yet...couldn't we make up like a legal document with your digital signature when a deal is made, that way, if someone trys to screw you, you can take them to court? These people are getting ridculous....i could never just take your money and never send anything...they are a bunch of theives! hope he wakes up and sends you whats yours!!!

turbo addict

poop...

people suck...
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

this is one of the reason why when I buy something through paypal that is more of a high dollar item, I will always put it on my credit card. This way, if I have an issue, and paypal cant/wont get my money back, I can get it back through my credit card. Paypal wont be your friend anymore, but you will have your money.
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
    I purchased a clutch from him months ago....I got it in a very timely manner, and didnt have any problems at all. Another guy in town did however, and it took him a MUCH longer time to recieve his stuff, when we ordered around the same time....

as for the "paypal couldnt retrieve any funds"...i think this is BULLSHIT....seems like they can never get your money back?? you call this buy protection??? they take 3% from EVERYTHING, and cant even help out customers.

I got screwed on a 2.5" swingvalve, and they recovered $8 out of 50 for me...yay. now im getting screwed on ebay, for 25 euros....lets see how much of that I actually get back...

good luck, hopefully you have better results than I did.
    I have a friend at Ebay, he's in the security division, if you want, I can call him when he gets back from holidays. PM me to remind me.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    this is one of the reason why when I buy something through paypal that is more of a high dollar item, I will always put it on my credit card. This way, if I have an issue, and paypal cant/wont get my money back, I can get it back through my credit card. Paypal wont be your friend anymore, but you will have your money.

Exactly, and I like the disclaimer they use, "you won't be protected by Ebay and Paypal if you use your credit card, against fraud etc", hahahaha!

turbo addict

What Holiday is it?
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

Hybrid booster

I'm working on a nice special package for him as we speak. It will take a while as I have to work but hopefully his amount due will be x10 after court/lawyer fees, plane tickets, etc. By the time I'm done with him, he will wish he'd given me the X-Box and taken care of this sooner. He doesn't know the line of work I'm in, but it's nice to be connected to Law Enforcement and legal systems around the world. Family/personal problems or not, if you've fallen on bad times, the key is to communicate with people and just be honest. Obviously, he was out to scam as he owes Clarkwhoracing even more.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Will Martin View Post
    I'm working on a nice special package for him as we speak. It will take a while as I have to work but hopefully his amount due will be x10 after court/lawyer fees, plane tickets, etc. By the time I'm done with him, he will wish he'd given me the X-Box and taken care of this sooner. He doesn't know the line of work I'm in, but it's nice to be connected to Law Enforcement and legal systems around the world. Family/personal problems or not, if you've fallen on bad times, the key is to communicate with people and just be honest. Obviously, he was out to scam as he owes Clarkwhoracing even more.
    Hey, try to time it around pro football season and maybe we can get the local guys here to all go to a Colts game since you'll be headed out this way already. That would be cool and I know you have good taste in football teams.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 88_pacifica View Post
    Hey, try to time it around pro football season and maybe we can get the local guys here to all go to a Colts game since you'll be headed out this way already. That would be cool and I know you have good taste in football teams.

Oh no doubt! lol I was born and raised in Indiana, lived there the first 18 years of my life. So I'll "try" to time it around a good home game, that way I can kill two birds with one stone.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Will Martin View Post
    Oh no doubt! lol I was born and raised in Indiana, lived there the first 18 years of my life. So I'll "try" to time it around a good home game, that way I can kill two birds with one stone.
    Bingo... I think we have a WINNER! SWEET!

Quote Originally Posted by 88_pacifica View Post
    What Holiday is it?
    His holiday, he's going on vacation with is family,

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast