Thread: factory style brake lines

Garrett booster

factory style brake lines

Does anyone know where you can buy lenghts of brake lines that resemble the ones the factory used? I think they are called armored. I'm working on a 90 Daytona VNT that sat for many years and they are covered in rust. I know that the armor probably isn't that big of a deal but I'm doing a semi restoration on it and want it to look correct. Since this is going to be my daughters car I don't want to take any chances.
    1984 DC Rampage 1990 Daytona C/S VNT 1988 Conquest

Hybrid booster

Re: factory style brake lines

Classictube.com

boostaholic

www.inlinetube.com

(site works better in Internet Explorer than it does in Firefox or another browser)

turbo addict

+1 on inline tube. IIRC they have some Daytona lines in thier system already.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Garrett booster

Thanks! I will give them a try.
    1984 DC Rampage 1990 Daytona C/S VNT 1988 Conquest

boostaholic

Similar discussion in another thread. The part number for a complete Daytona brake line system from inlinetube is CDB8401.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDollar69 View Post
    http://www.inlinetube.com/

Part Number CDB8401

I have this set in stainless, and it came all prebent with the factory gravel guard and all the correct fittings. The set included the trailing axle lines, all four hardlines on the body, and the two that go from the master cylinder to the proportioning valve. They cost me $230 shipped. There were three shipping bends that were easy to to bend straight. I am very happy with the lines, great fit, and they look as good as the factory ones if not better. If you do order them, make sure you say they are for an 89 Daytona, or they will cancel your order. When I ordered mine I specified an 84 Laser, and they said that they couldn't guarantee that they would work since the car they got the pattern from was an 89 Shelby Daytona. The lines fit perfect with only one small part being different, and I didn't need to change anything to make it work. The set is not easy to find on the website, you need to open the production vehicle catalog and then do a search for the word Daytona in the PDF.
    Thread is here: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...d.php?p=343543

turbo addict

page 160 of the pdf file. $190 aint bad for stainless

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Austrian Dodge's Avatar

i hope they have them for ABS equipped cars!

http://www.rightstuffdetailing.com/2004_pdf/e_body.pdf

Scroll all the way down the page on the bottom right. I know I know is says Daytona Shelby2 These are correct also for brake and fuel lines, used all of them on my car and had to tweak very little.