Thread: Two things I learned today...

Mitsu booster

Two things I learned today...

1. After this being the first time actually detailing and hand washing my CSRT-4, it will be the last black vehicle I own.

2. I will never again own a vehicle that looks like a geometric conundrum on four wheels.

Honestly, waxing and detailing the exterior was a PITA with all the angles on this car. Being black in the sun, washing also sucked. It reminded me why my YJ I owned was also a pain in the butt.

But, once it's clean...man does black look good. That is, if your fiance's digital camera doesn't suck. Oh well.

Pic of Sirius add-on:

Tucked in for the night:

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Re: Two things I learned today...

A sales guy tried to put me in identical looking Caliber SRT-4 on Friday night. I love the color, but would not want to own it.

The seats were very nice, but the shifter is way goofy. Im sure it just takes getting used to. He said he would eagerly take my 2004 SRT-4 in trade, "and the Caliber is faster anyway."
    Really? Do you wanna bet?
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    A sales guy tried to put me in identical looking Caliber SRT-4 on Friday night. I love the color, but would not want to own it.

The seats were very nice, but the shifter is way goofy. Im sure it just takes getting used to. He said he would eagerly take my 2004 SRT-4 in trade, "and the Caliber is faster anyway."
    If your NSRT-4 is stock, I'd bet on the Caliber from a roll any day. I've taken a couple NSRT-4's and they weren't happy.

The shifter looks goofy, but when you drive the car it's in the right spot and feels wonderful. Night and day between the NSRT and CSRT.

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
    I like the black better than this color.

I've never been to a track that lets people race from a roll.
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Thats how NASCAR does it.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

^^ pic lol

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

After Waterford Hills at SDAC, the CSRT's are growing on me But I've had a few black cars already and I'd pass on another given the choice. I 'wash' the Rampage with a Scotchbrite pad BTW, Murdered black is easy to care for

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

boostaholic

Stock? Oh ya, of course it is.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
    ..it will be the last black vehicle I own.
    You heathen....
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    After Waterford Hills at SDAC, the CSRT's are growing on me But I've had a few black cars already and I'd pass on another given the choice. I 'wash' the Rampage with a Scotchbrite pad BTW, Murdered black is easy to care for
    They're growing on me. If only I had access to a team of engineers and all their facilities to develop mine.....
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:

Mom Says I'm Special. :-) Turbo Mopar Staff Subliminal's Avatar

Just get the Mr. Clean wash kit with the gun for you black car washing needs.
    Damon

"America is all about speed...hot, nasty badass speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

turbo addict

And I have never seen drag strip score boards, staging lights, and christmas trees on the street either

Quote Originally Posted by badandy View Post
    And I have never seen drag strip score boards, staging lights, and christmas trees on the street either
    Exactly.
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:

Very nice! I don't know about anyone else, but black is my favorite color on the NSRT or the CSRT. I've debated on painting my Charger black...I just like the color black on cars.
    2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Mods coming soon!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by badandy View Post
    Never been to my neck of the woods then . . .

Well, I guess we don't have a score board.

Garrett booster

I knew it was only a matter of time and you would get the urge.... Glad to see you're coming around!

Quote Originally Posted by sherm1123 View Post
    I knew it was only a matter of time and you would get the urge.... Glad to see you're coming around!
    It's a nice vehicle overall. Just can't get past the looks or the price. I was only at the dealership because Ruthie was buying her Patriot.

I know they aren't all priced this high, but the one I sat in has a $26K sticker on it. I could maybe see that price if it was AWD.

I would be more likely to drive away in the '07 leftover Magnum RT with Road and Track package that was sitting on the lot for less money than the Caliber!
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:

turbo addict

I remember when I found a very nice original sunroof SVO with working A/C a few months after I had already bought my white one. While my white one would waste it in the 1/4 I was still drooling. Black is just sweet for a cruise in car or at night with some night vision goggles going balls to the wall Just make sure you have a feature kinda like the auto darkening on a welding helmet so you don't go blind when someone comes up with their headlights.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]