Thread: has anyone swapped front ends on a daytona?

has anyone swapped front ends on a daytona?

i was wondering if anyone has done it or if it's possible to swap in a 2nd gen g body front end onto a 3rd gen. if so, what about the flip-up headlights?

Hybrid booster

Re: has anyone swapped front ends on a daytona?

you will need to weld the 2nd gen upper raditor support in (the hood latch piece) or use hood pins. the fenders will bolt on or use the 3rd gen fenders and drill holes. the hood is different as i am sure you know but the hinges are the same. there will be no provision in the harness for the flip up lights or the module and i am not sure if the motors have limit switches in them. so yes it is do-able.
    is the 3rd gen in better shape than the 2nd gen body wise ? or do you just like the 3rd gen interior and taillights ? tailights and rear plug that they bolt to will fit a 2nd gen. the interior takes some custom wiring though.

Norm

there was a 3rd gen smacked in the frt that i wanted to buy and i happen to own a non-running 2nd gen and was wondering if i could swap parts over...lol. i guess not anymore.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I have seen a very odd 2nd gen with the 3rd gen front and rear on it. It was interesting to say the least. I got some nice parts off of that car.

ive seen the 3rd gen rear on a 2nd gen, didnt look bad, front im not sure about

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by bluneon View Post
    there was a 3rd gen smacked in the frt that i wanted to buy and i happen to own a non-running 2nd gen and was wondering if i could swap parts over...lol. i guess not anymore.
    yes you CAN swap them over the only issues you will have are these :

- front bumper (actual metal under the cover) on the 3rd gen is longer but you have the 2nd gen donor
    -hood latch will not line up but hood pins work
    -front facia on the 2nd gen requies holes drilled into the fender but you could swap the fenders from your 2nd gen
    -flip up headlamp motors just run a 2 position toggle switch. centered the switch is off. flip it one way the motors go up flip the other way they go down and use a common ground. this is basically what the flip up lamp module does it switches power paths on a circut board.

it will take a little bit but doable
    BTW what year second gen ?

Norm

1990. the 3rd gen isn't for sale anymore, so this plan fell through.

thanks.