Thread: 1988 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z

Garrett booster

1988 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z

Name: Timothy P.
    Contact: PM me here or email me at viper_13@hotmail.com, (that would be the easiest since I work crazy shifts.)
    Price: $1200 or best offer
    Description:
    Mileage: 119,000
    Engine: Chrysler 8v 2.2L TII (Turbo Intercooled)
    Transmission: 5 speed
    Description: Car is a factory turbo intercooled Dodge Daytona Shelby Z. Has new Eibach lowering springs installed, Talon Blow-Off Valve(BOV) new clutch with less then 1000 miles on it, new steering rack, new rear shocks, just installed new fuel pump, Greddy oil Catch Can, and a pillar pod for two, 2 1/6” gauges. Two sets of wheels will go with the car. The original 15” “crab” wheels, and the 16” “Pumpers” that are on it now. The CS (Carroll Shelby) center caps are also included with the current wheels. Power Windows/Locks, Cruise Control, A/C. Car runs and drives. DEQ and registration is not current. Engine also has a small oil leak, may be the front seal, as that is where the leak is. Not completely sure though. Car is currently a project, but with very little work could be a daily driver. I was getting 28mpg+ when I drove it daily. Took it off the road to get a 2.5L 16v hybrid engine built for it, but plans have changed, and started working on new project. First picture below shows what color the car currently is. The paint was peeling so it was sanded and primed. Clear Oregon title.
    $1200 OBO.

Pictures:
    Showing what the car currently looks like with the Pumpers, (center caps are in the garage so they don't come up "missing".)

Shot of engine with the BOV and oil catch can.

Pictures showing the original wheels and what it originally looked like.

Would prefer cash only, but cashiers check will be okay. Car has not been driven in over 3 years, should be okay to drive a short distance, if it has to be driven far, would probably be best to have it trailered. For a small fee, I may be able to help with towing, 100miles max, fees would be to cover trailer rental and fuel for one way, (approx. $140, $70 for fuel, $70 for U-haul trailer and insurance, truck only gets about 12MPG on the highway not towing 10MPG estimate towing,) this was calculated at 100 miles, would be less for shorter distance.

Hybrid booster

Re: 1988 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z

Heh, I saw this on craigslist last night and got in touch with you. I'm working some nasty shifts this week (12 hour graveyards) and I have to be out of town on Saturday/Sunday. I'll let you know if I can make it out to look at it.
    I live in NE Portland, so Cornelius is quite a ways. Think I could drive it that far?
    1986 Chrysler Lebaron 2 dr. R.I.P. 2.2 T1 log intake, modified to intercool Best 1/8th 9.03@77mph / Best 1/4 14.16@93.55mph Running on E85:nod:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] '93 Spirit 2.5 TBI 5 Spd(sold), '85 Ramcharger, 360 4brl, NP435 4 Spd. The new ride; '90 Sundance 2.5 T1/5 spd. FMIC(from Ford Probe) new Mitsu; Best 1/8th 8.96@79.16 / Best 1/4 14.06@101.27

Garrett booster

Yeah, it should make it there fine. I've driven it around my block, every once in a while, but nothing far, or over 25MPH. I replied to your e-mail you sent, and for some reason I thought your name looked familiar. I work 12hour nights the first part of the week, but I'm off Wednesday through Saturday this week, so just let me know. I'd feel good having the car go to someone in the T-M community.

One other person contacted me tonight about it, but you still have first dibs on it.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by dodge80_89 View Post
    Yeah, it should make it there fine. I've driven it around my block, every once in a while, but nothing far, or over 25MPH. I replied to your e-mail you sent, and for some reason I thought your name looked familiar. I work 12hour nights the first part of the week, but I'm off Wednesday through Saturday this week, so just let me know. I'd feel good having the car go to someone in the T-M community.

One other person contacted me tonight about it, but you still have first dibs on it.
    If you have a serious buyer, don't wait for me. I'd like to see the car, but go ahead and sell it if you get what you want.
    1986 Chrysler Lebaron 2 dr. R.I.P. 2.2 T1 log intake, modified to intercool Best 1/8th 9.03@77mph / Best 1/4 14.16@93.55mph Running on E85:nod:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] '93 Spirit 2.5 TBI 5 Spd(sold), '85 Ramcharger, 360 4brl, NP435 4 Spd. The new ride; '90 Sundance 2.5 T1/5 spd. FMIC(from Ford Probe) new Mitsu; Best 1/8th 8.96@79.16 / Best 1/4 14.06@101.27

Garrett booster

No one has come and looked at it. Had a few people e-mail me about it, but no one has called yet. If you're still interested, I'll be around Wednesday afternoon till Friday night. I have to work Sat-Tues this week.