View Poll Results: I would be interested in obtaining a 3" SV and am willing to pay upfront

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am willing to pay and wait until they are completed

60 54.05%
  • Yes I am interested in buying, but, not willing to pay up front

36 32.43%
  • No, not interested

15 13.51%
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The future of TU 3" swingvalves

The future of TU 3" swingvalves

Ever since we announced that we "might" discontinue our 3" Swingvalves we have received numerous requests to continue manufacturing them. I started this poll to gauge if there is enough demand to produce another 100 pieces. Please only vote yes if you intend to commit to purchasing one. I would need a minimum total of 40 paid commitments to consider another batch.

Thanks!

Chris-TU
    Last edited by Chris W; 08-14-2008 at 07:52 PM.
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Re: The future of TU 3" swingvalves

I would commit, but I can't wait months and months waiting.

later
    James Dempsey Jr 91 Dodge Shadow ES convertible 95 Dodge Neon Sport sedan 2.4 5spd

Hybrid booster

Ditch it for a different design altogether, too much cost to produce and too much time to deliver.
    Last edited by john1320; 07-15-2008 at 09:51 AM.

turbo addict

Would it be cheaper to not include the O2 drilled/tapped?

Hybrid booster

I love mine. I would not hesitate to buy another if I had another TD to put it on.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post
    Haha, I just got the hugest laugh. Cindy AKA fwdperformance voted for ''No, not interested''. HAHAHA. Chris I'm so glad you use the option of showing who voted, shows cindy's true colors! LOL
    That makes sense...why would a competing vendor be interested in another vendors product?

The money is spent either way, so I don't see the big deal in pre-payment. I'm for having an O2 tap as well, but will accept whatever is cost efficient. Just need to figure out how that all works out.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

When I get a turbo that I can use one on then hell yes, not going half asses, so 3inch ftw!

turbo addict

Money spent by them is also money spent. If they make 100 and only sell another 25 or it takes them 10 years to sell, it's not really worth it.

SSSHH!!! Don't say stuff like that! Maybe they won't think about it if it isn't brought up...
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    The money is spent either way, so I don't see the big deal in pre-payment.
    good point, i was thinking of getting one especially if going 3in exhaust, is there a way you could include it in the 'full exhaust' kit to perhaps make it a lil cheaper that is what id really like to get. But right now a swingvalve is out of my price range, but i do need 3in exhaust, 3in sv would definatly be in the picture for down the road. And especially with the good reviews seems dumb not to do one from a performance standpoint

that is funny cindy voted no but it does make sence

turbo addict

the 3" SV is sweet! And I haven't even gotten it on the car yet. That's funny Cindy voted no. Maybe she wants Chris to stop so she can make her own now If you think the 3" SV isn't worth it just look at the dyno plot. 30-40hp and ft-lbs UNDER THE CURVE!!! SCC and Import tuner would go nuts to get those kind of #'s

Just to clear things up, I think there is a bit of confusion here. Chris does not need you to pay the full amount up front before he goes to do the new castings, although if you want too thats fine. After he gets enough people on the list here, he wants you to give a deposit, THEN he will go get the castings done, and after all the machining is done you pay your balance and your swingvalve will be shipped!
    The deposit's will be in the area of $50, but understand this will be non-refundable! Now, if we get 40 people to say yes, but only 10 of them give deposits, at this point the money would be refunded and no swingvalves would be made.

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    If you think the 3" SV isn't worth it just look at the dyno plot. 30-40hp and ft-lbs UNDER THE CURVE!!!
    Over a turbonetics 2.5'' swingvalve, the TU 3'' made 5 more peak HP and 30 ft/lbs under the curve. That is at the wheels though, and I also think it was with a stock T2 turbo although I can't verify that for sure. So with a larger turbo, larger gains can be had.

Hybrid booster

what the final price be? after deposit..

Hybrid booster

I down to buy 1 if not 2....

CASH IN HAND!!!!!!!!

The advantage of the 3" Swingvalve is it's a bolt on performance upgrade that functions just like the factory version and does not require welding. The new price is $275. each. Once we obtain 40 commitments on T-M we will request a $50. deposit. We will then produce a quantity of 100 pieces.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Chris-TU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 inch swingvalve Dyno results1.JPG 
Views:	292 
Size:	193.9 KB 
ID:	9549  
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

What is considered a commitment on TM, just posting? I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    What is considered a commitment on TM, just posting? I'm in.
    If you are unable to at least follow through with a deposit then it would make no sense to commiting on T-M.

Chris-TU

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    ... Once we obtain 40 commitments on T-M we will request a $50. deposit. We will then produce a quantity of 100 pieces....

Chris-TU
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    If you are unable to at least follow through with a deposit then it would make no sense to commiting on T-M.

Chris-TU
    Agreed, but the commitment requested above seems to come before the deposit, so I am checking to see how we commit. Didn't know if you needed an PM, post or something else. I have a Grant laying around here somewhere, maybe under a mattress.

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast