Thread: Clutch cable bracket

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Clutch cable bracket

I need the clutch cable bracket that bolts to the strut tower for an 86' 600. I would imagine that any bracket off of a daytona etc. would work. I need everything that will be needed to get it on there not just the bracket itself as it was an auto car originally.

PM me if you have what I need.

turbo addict

Re: Clutch cable bracket

salvage yard where that 84 tona is at would have the stuff. Will check it out. you need anything else relate to the clutch? Pedals, shifter?
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

No, I have everything else.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

I've got a bracket from a Daytona, but I don't know about the clip that holds the cable in place, I'd have to do some digging. Should have the nuts for it too.

Now, do you have the studs on the strut tower to mount the bracket to, or are you going to have to come up with something?

Quote Originally Posted by supercrackerbox View Post
    I've got a bracket from a Daytona, but I don't know about the clip that holds the cable in place, I'd have to do some digging. Should have the nuts for it too.

Now, do you have the studs on the strut tower to mount the bracket to, or are you going to have to come up with something?
    I do not have the studs on the strut tower, but there is a plastic plug looking thing that I have yet to remove. Are the studs just pressed in there? Either way I could use the studs, the bracket, the nuts, and the clip. This is one of the last things I need to get this car on the road after almost two years.

As far as I can tell, the studs are spot welded from the inside of the strut tower. If the holes are already there, I think you'd do fine just sticking some bolts through there. Might have to take the strut assembly out to get your hand in there though.

If they are welded in then I will just figure something out for the studs but use the stock bracket and clip.

Well I'm still looking for a clip, I *thought* I had one in a jar somewhere. But I definately have the bracket right in front of my tool box. I'll let you know tonight whether or not I find the clip.

Quote Originally Posted by supercrackerbox View Post
    Well I'm still looking for a clip, I *thought* I had one in a jar somewhere. But I definately have the bracket right in front of my tool box. I'll let you know tonight whether or not I find the clip.
    Sweet, thanks.