Thread: New wheels & tires for the Lancer!

Garrett booster

New wheels & tires for the Lancer!

For anyone that knows this car, no I haven't gotten rid of my old wheels... I simply have a new pair for those days at the strip

I purchased my slicks this spring with the intention of having used them by now, oh well. They are some lightly used MT 24.5x8x15s, tons of life left in them. I wanted new wheels to go along with the slicks, didn't want to use some 6 or 6.5 as the ideal rim width is 8 (I'm sure it'd be fine with smaller, but oh well). I didn't want to use spacers and long studs, so I decided to order some custom steelies through Diamond Racing Wheels, and WOW, it was super awesome - the fellow on the phone was great to deal with. I ordered last Monday, expecting them to take almost two weeks as he said they should ship Tuesday ( I thought he meant the NEXT Tuesday) and wow, my custom wheels showed up on Friday morning... thats cross border too, I am totally impressed!!

Anyways, specs on the wheels are 15x8", 5.0" backspace (could have went 5.5 as my current wheels are but I wanted to make sure I have lots of room), and they clear 11" brakes too! I got my slicks mounted this morning and decide to test fit this evening. I'll get on with the photos!!

Anyway, I love the fitment, they stick out just a bit to give that "I'm a hardcore racer" look, lol! I have some Honda friends that have WAY more ridiculous backspacing wheels ordered through Diamond as well, so mine looks normal in comparison!

I wasn't going to drive it at all, but my buddy mentioned it and I thought maybe I'd go for a short short little drive... so I visited a buddy a few blocks away, after that went to a nice smooth asphalt road near my house and... proceeded to give it a light launch (no burnout at all)... left a single black streak but still hooking way better than street tires would, its been two years since I launched AT ALL with slicks and its a feeling I miss, I can't wait till its hooking better with more boost! So I went to do a 3 point turn and go home, and I heard a big racket when I was on full lock and freaked me the hell out!! Apparently the slicks rub on the inner fender cover and it peeled it off the car, don't worry no damage to the paint. Put it in the backseat and did one more little launch then parked it at home.

Really I can't even take them off because I broke my jack and need to go buy another one in the morning

I hope to take this to the track at least twice during September, the only thing I am waiting on is my Devils Own alky controller then a bit of tuning and playing around and I will definitely be hitting the track this year, WOOO!

turbo addict

Re: New wheels & tires for the Lancer!

the rims look great, i always loved the look of a white(or red) car with black rims i also really like the intercooled turbo decal on the gfx, very nice

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Looks good, now go to track and post up some numbers, lol

Hybrid booster

what was the cost on those????

my LanPac would look sav with those

Garrett booster

Wheels are under $100 each, they were even a bit pricier than the standard wheels as the 5x100 fwd offset centers (to clear the brakes, as they are outboard calipers) cost a bit more. Shipping cost $74 but it doesn't piss me off too much. They do weigh a bit more than stock wheels, as they are a full steel and sturdy too, no cheap stuff.

On a side note, under two weeks until track debut for the car... the boost is now at 20psi and I have some playing around to do yet, maybe even a bit more boost

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Do you have brighter pics? maybe my monitor sucks but I can't make them out?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Garrett booster

Shouldn't be anything wrong with the pics, they are plenty bright for me... they are daylight pics, maybe you do have something wrong with your monitor