I recently ended up with a vehicle that I've wanted for quite awhile. It's an '85 S-10 pickup that's had the original drivetrain swapped for a 350 SBC/TH350. As it sits now, it has a mild 350 with way too much cam and 4.56 gears. So basically it sounds neat and will destroy 1 rear tire, but aside from that, it's pretty worthless.
I really need some help with what direction to take this project. It's going to be awhile before I get started on it (the Sundance has priority), but I can use the time to start planning the build and gathering some parts.

The problem I'm having is with trying to decide between a mild street build involving a TPI conversion, reasonable gears (3.08 or 3.42), and maybe a nitrous kit for a little extra kick, or going all out and building a nasty alcohol motor, 4 link, narrowed 9" rear, slicks, etc and ending up with something that's barely street legal at best and more or less worthless other than to take to the track every once in awhile.

I'm really leaning toward a street build because I'd get more use out of it but then again, everything I've ever fooled with I've approached about the same way and it might be fun to do something different this time around.

Anyhow, I could use some input on how to approach this. Any suggestions on which way to go with it and why would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tony