Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F/S 1985 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z

Mitsu booster

F/S 1985 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z

Well, I really hate to let this car go because its been in my family since 1984, but I just dont have the desire or interest to show this car the love it deserves. I am the second owner (my father was the original). The car was pasted down to me recently, and is in near perfect condition.

Originally, my dad purchased the car for recreation and shows. It was driven mildly, and was used to test some of the prototype Direct Connection goodies in the late 80s, early 90s. It has 21,995 original miles showing on the odometer. Its Gun Metal Blue / Silver. The paint is in fatanstic condition for a 23 year old car. Its not perfect, but some buffing would bring its full color back. Its been kept in climate control garages for the past 15 or so years. The body is 98% perfect, with the exception that over the years of moving the car minor scratches have come up. There are VERY small dents on the driverside door where some kid rested his bike up against the car. You have to really look for them though, thats how small they are.

Underneath the lower fascia are some scrapes from when the car was put on, and taken off trailers, but nothing that cannot be repaired easily and cheap. Once you see the car, you wont care about the minor issues. It looks as though the car was never driven. The interior is to my eye, and inspection.. perfect. There are no tears, stains, damage or cracking.. anywhere. Its all original cloth, light grey. Everything works, and everything is still practically new. It even has the new smell it had back in 84. There are no electrical issues with the car what so ever, as I said... everything works. It does have a stereo, its an older Alpine (a badass one for its time).. that has aftermarket speakers, amps and subs (also badass for their time).

Powerwise, the car is lightly modded. It still has the original T1, with some upgrades to the turbo, and computer. It has a Direction Connection top mount intercooler and tall style (race) valve cover that was added back in the late 80s sometime. As I said earlier, the car was intended for shows, so alot of time and effort went into dressing the engine and compartment up. The front drive accessories (A/C, altenator and powersteering) have all been polished, and most of the hoses and lines are all steel braided with anodized fittings. Because of the top mount intercooler, my dad had a custom cowl molded into the stock hood, and it looks as if it came from Dodge that way. The whole packages has won first place at a few Mopar meets, and numerous car shows. The car isnt super fast, but its definately quick from what I can remember. It had Nitrous at one point, and the only time it was used, it broke the transaxle. Since then the car has sat, until it was pasted down to me. The car has an A525 in it now, and the motor is sitting in the bay, it just needs to be finished.

Im willing to finish the car, and get it up and running again before it sells. So dont let that discourage you. I can send pics upon request. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me. Send me a PM, or call me anytime at 520-305-5289. My email address is AZTurboZ@aol.com. Once again, the car is NOT running, but will be once I get a serious offer. I wish I could post pics on here, but this computer is just too slow, and I dont have the time at the momemt. I'd like to get $4,500. Im willing to entertain serious offers. Trades for 87-93 5.0L 5spd Mustang Coupe, or GT, 05+ Suzuki GSXR or Triumph Daytona 675. Thanks guys.

Anthony
    Last edited by ALTAILITES; 07-10-2008 at 10:06 PM.

Mitsu booster

Re: F/S 1985 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z

Sorry, I forgot to mention the car is located in Tucson, Arizona. Shipping is an option, at the buyers expense. Local pick up is preferred. If a trade is mentioned, details and location will be discussed privately. Thanks!

Anthony

While I honestly can't make you an offer, I'd still love to see the DC I/C and cowl set up. I'm also planning to plumbing it to the airbox and am interested how this one was done.

Sounds like a Direct Connection time capsule to me...

TT

Mitsu booster

Time capsule. LOL Thats probably the best way to describe the entire car. When I reassemble the combination, i'll take pictures of it for you so you can check it out.

You 'da Man, thank you! Although I've not seen it, I hope it's wearing a DC windshield tint...I had one 'back in the day'...was about the only thing I could afford at the time...

TT

Mitsu booster

At one point it was. Somewhere I had a picture of the car when it had the DC tint. It doesnt wear it now. I kind of wish it did though. Theres lots of DC goodies on this car! If i dont get any offers, i'll probably wind up keeping it and having fun with it.

Mitsu booster

Heres a few shots of the engine (as it sits currently), the interior and the cowl hood. I dug some of these up from my HD. I'll take more soon. So far these are the most current i have. These were taken in '06.... or '07. Cant remember exactly. I apologize for the poor quality. The car is wet because i had just rinsed it off. Been sitting for years, needed to get all the dust off!

Last edited by ALTAILITES; 07-10-2008 at 06:38 PM.

Mitsu booster

More....

Well how's about that...my cowl has nearly the same profile, but still uses the stock vent grill. Way cool, I hope this one goes to someone who will appreciate it!

TT

Mitsu booster

Yeah, i really hope the new owner takes care of the car. I wish i had more interest in it, i just dont have enough motivation to do to it what i'd really like to do. Once i finish putting it all back together, it wont need anything at all. Just drive, and enjoy it. I'll take more pics for ya once shes done.

turbo addict

I like that valve cover. Thats got to be a pretty rare piece. Nice car. Good luck with the sell. I would say that I wish you were closer and that I wasnt poor, but someone else will chime in, im sure.

Mitsu booster

Thanks! I havent seen that valve cover anywhere, and ive looked and looked. I saw it once in a photo, on a Shelby GLHS.... which happend to be CS's personal car!

Thanks for the responses guys!

Mitsu booster

Just had the car appraised at 5,200. I also have a classic car value book, that lists just about every car possible older than 2001. The condition the car is currently in, its worth 5,000. Just some food for thought to anyone whos interested. 4,500 is pretty firm as of now.

Bump for a beautiful car!
    I absolutely love the 1st Gen Daytonas. My all time favorite TM.
    Hopefully yours will go to a new owner that will keep it in that good of condition for many years to come!

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Hey, if you ever want to sell the o.g. alpine and eq, let me know!

I had one just like that back in the day.

Mitsu booster

That just may be arranged. What will ya give me for the two? Although there both old, they were hardly ever used. I know they work, perfectly.

Mitsu booster

More pictures.

Mitsu booster

Just so everyone knows, ive got alot of the stock OEM parts if anyone is interested in putting the car back to stock. The only thing i do not have, is a stock OEM hood. Thats only because the hood ON the car is the factory OEM, with the cowl induction molded into it. I have a stock valve cover, stock computer, and the stock log manifold if you dont want to run the intercooler. Just a heads up.

Anthony

Why does it have red hood hinges? And please just send me the Ramcharger and no one will get hurt. lol

Mitsu booster

My dad thought it would be a cool idea. I have no idea what possessed him to do the things hes done in the past. Especially with this car, lol. I plan on changing them back to blue before the car goes anyways.

The Ramcharger? LOL.... She stays here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast