Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit area GL chapter meeting

Hybrid booster

Re: Detroit area GL chapter meeting

i need to do like you do, mary beth and make seperate folders on photobucket, i have like 500+ pics in 1 folder, but if i start organizing them, all of my posts with pics will be missing their links.

(thinking out-loud) maybe i should just start a new user name and organize what i have and leave the old account alone for past posts pics.

i went back out there for a few hours this evening, just got back. i started at the woodward loop in pontiac, went all the way down to 12 mile rd and back up to m-59. got to race a nice built up bmw 525 from 25mph roll, hung with him till 65mph. he said its putting down 420whp and was impressed when i told him i might be putting down 300whp.
    also got to blow the doors off a stg 2 cobalt ss running 15psi from a 40mph roll.

i'll take some pics tomorrow with my ol' 5.1 MP camera, lol.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

glad u liked 'em 1quik4

sounds like fun, glht_omni! i'd like to go back, but doesn't look like thats going to happen. woodward is always a blast

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor shelbyconcepts's Avatar

tim- those are great!! thanks for sharing!!

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

It was pretty nuts out there today...... I called my uncle and asked him where he was with his 65 Mustang. He told me that he lost his parking spot this year because it was too expensive.... $75.00 to park and $25 for food.... I asked if they clean and polish the car too...yikes..... One of my favorite pics was the 66 Hertz rental car with the T infront of it... I wish I could have found the owner....That car was clean! Lots of neat stuff out there...plus I signed up for Team Shelby as well!

Hybrid booster

i went out for most of the day. nobody showed up like we talked on the phone about, but i did see a clean 86 cs and we spotted each other from opposite sides of woodward and gave a wave.
    i also got to cruise next to a 88 lebaron for awhile. he said he hasnt had boost at all for over a year, i had him pop his hood and put the wastegate arm back on for him, happy boostin again.
    seen a conquest and had a few more people recognize my car as a r/t with a turbo and got to answer questions. had 1 guy asked "i bet its running 13's right?" had another guy that had to see the timeslip to believe it.

Hybrid booster

tim and mary-beth, are you two using the bulk uploader on photobucket? every time i try to use it, it seems as its loading all of them, but hten when it says completed, i dont have any photos actually loaded. i have to load them 1 by 1, whats the trick?

i do use the bulk uploader... i believe it it flash based; so make sure you browser's flash version is the most current. other than that.... i don't kno. i guess its kinda like how i cant seem to get photos to upload on here... i get one to upload and that'll be it. lol

Hybrid booster

here is my list of pics, the good, the bad and the ugly. i put them all up and my 5mp shutter is slow, so ignore the ones that dont make any sense, lol.
    some people will actually stop and wait for you to take the pic.
    http://s508.photobucket.com/albums/s...uise%20oeight/

here are a few good samples

had free parking here tim, south of 11 mile.

Mitsu booster

I can't believe my first exposure to this find organization was when I was pulled over by a cop at the Woodward Dream Cruise. But how lucky was that to be pulled into the very parking lot that a group of Turbo-Mopar fans were gathered in! Fortunately we got off with a warning that time! Thank you to Dodgeshadowchik for posting the pics!

Hybrid booster

hey, glad you made it over here, this is josh, the guy with the red spirit r/t.
    if you ever run into any issues, feel free to drop me a private message.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 85 Laser Original View Post
    I can't believe my first exposure to this find organization was when I was pulled over by a cop at the Woodward Dream Cruise. But how lucky was that to be pulled into the very parking lot that a group of Turbo-Mopar fans were gathered in! Fortunately we got off with a warning that time! Thank you to Dodgeshadowchik for posting the pics!
    Welcome! Sweet ride! Glad you got off with just a warning!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by 85 Laser Original View Post
    I think you win the best story on how I joined the club! ......Hope to see you at other events too.....

Tim

85 laser: sweet!! glad u found our little place on the internets!!! that's a very nice car u have! and yea, i was glad they didnt give u a ticket!

sooooo... meeting on for next thursday? i think that's the 11th, right?

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Yep, yep!

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

wooohooo!

Garrett booster

BWW at 12 and Mound, right? If I'm not under the convertible changing wiring, I might just drop by. I hope to get it more reliable before the weekend of the 20th, when the UAW show is at the Region 1 HQ (Tank Rd.) When my car gets hot, it won't start unless I tinker with the wiring. It is either the park neutral diode or some wire going to the starter. I can wiggle the harness and it will start working again... most of the time. What a crappy problem to have. I'm gonna replace ALL of the automatic related wiring, which I got the harness pieces off this site. Now, I can't get a diode anywhere. No AutoZone, no stealership, nowhere. So, I may be junkyard diving again one day after work. Gotta fix a GFI outlet in the outside wall for my business first. Then, gotta go get new glasses. It sux getting old. I'm getting tired of working on cars too. Now, I'll take some cheese with my whine. : )

gone crazy Turbo Mopar Contributor J&H Ryan's Avatar

Is this months meet tomorrow or the 9th?
    Ryan
    92 GTC, TIII
    00 XJ

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Next Thursday, the 9th.

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast