Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit area GL chapter meeting

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Re: Detroit area GL chapter meeting

Quote Originally Posted by shelbyconcepts View Post
    Hey Barry,

You bringing the weinies? Randy should be returning my grill from the Nats weekend..... Just a thought.....
    Yeah, I can do that. I got 2 packages for 16 total, will that be enough? I can stop for more if need be. You got the buns?

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor shelbyconcepts's Avatar

Quote:

Yeah, I can do that. I got 2 packages for 16 total, will that be enough? I can stop for more if need be. You got the buns?

Barry

I'm thinking those were posted in the Mopar Nats Thread.........LOL

I'll ask Randy what was leftover tonight.... If not Sam's club has them for $2.00

Garrett booster

I will be there in my '87 CSX and John will be in his Caliber SRT4. Our buddy Chris will be there in his '86 600 conv.

gone crazy Turbo Mopar Contributor J&H Ryan's Avatar

Scott and co.: whered ya go? thanks for saying bye

PICS (Forget saying 56k death, if you have 56k - get into the 21st century already...):

"Hey a Laser!" *Lights then start flashing* "Oops"

Last edited by J&H Ryan; 08-14-2008 at 10:52 PM.
    Ryan
    92 GTC, TIII
    00 XJ

Hybrid booster

no kidding scott, i wanted to go cruisin with you guys, but seen ya rollin out the parking lot and it was too late.

glad you made it out ryan and got to go for a little ride with me, good seein ya again bro, dont be such a stranger now.....neighbor.

gone crazy Turbo Mopar Contributor J&H Ryan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glht_omni View Post
    no kidding scott, i wanted to go cruisin with you guys, but seen ya rollin out the parking lot and it was too late.

glad you made it out ryan and got to go for a little ride with me, good seein ya again bro, dont be such a stranger now.....neighbor.
    Thanks for the ride! Nice seeing people I haven't in quite awhile too. I'll try to make it to more things now. Besides, it will motivate me to get the GTC finished.
    Ryan
    92 GTC, TIII
    00 XJ

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Looks like a good time! Except with the po-po

Sweet pic here

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Looks like a good time! Except with the po-po
    That ultra clean white Plymouth Laser comes creeping by in the stop & go traffic. Their child is in the back seat, standing, with his head and shoulders out the passenger side window. The cop was right behind them. I said, "that cop is gonna get them for the child not being belted in." And just at that time the cop turned on the rollers. So the car pulled into the lot where we were sitting. I don't know whether they got a ticket or warning. But they stayed a while afterwards and chatted with a couple of our folks.

I was surprised to find pics on here that are only a couple hours old right now! We had a good turnout, probably 15-20 GL folks in all. Many of us thought this was about the best turnout for cars on Woodward on a Thursday night that we had seen in the last 4-5 years we've been meeting there.

Barry
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

Hybrid booster

he said they got off with a warning, and he said he just recently bought the laser, it is the cleanest lazer/1st gen body i have seen. i was wearing my turbo-mopar.com shirt and told him to sign up and post some pics and he sounded enthused.

a few minutes before that there was a huge pack (25+) of new challengers, base, r/t and srt8. the big black and blue mopar/direct connection semi-rig was cruising and there was a stretch yellow r/t charger limo!.
    i forgot the camera, but i definetly will have it all day sat and post some pics, i need a badass camera like dsc, jon and ryan, i was wondering what ryan was doing with the camera on the conrete wall looking into it at night time, awesome shot!

Garrett booster

Red face Re: Detroit area GL chapter meeting

Quote Originally Posted by sdac guy View Post
    We had a good turnout, probably 15-20 GL folks in all. Many of us thought this was about the best turnout for cars on Woodward on a Thursday night that we had seen in the last 4-5 years we've been meeting there.

Barry
    Were you guys at Art Vann? I didn't see a single Shelby car in the parking lot. Maybe I should have driven around back? Could you drive like through the building between the caution tape to get to the back? I noticed the caution tape covering all of their grass too. Which lot were you guys in? My GF and I were looking for Shelbys and did not see a single one on our way past the place. You guys going to be any place in particular at any particular time tonight or tomorrow? We will certainly look again. Just let me know. try tjb1@chrysler.com too, so I am sure to see the communication. Thanks.

When I saw your vert go past Tom it was "gettin' it" Going south, once you are in front of the Art Van parking deck or store, you were well past where we were parked. The lot between the Art Van parking deck and the funeral home is where we were. I think the lot belongs to the funeral home.

For some reason nobody parked between the sidewalk and the street as they usually do. It is usually filled with classics, but when we got there last night those classics had the first row nearest the sidewalk filled. So we parked further back.

The club has no plans for Friday or Saturday at the cruise. Last night was our regular chapter meeting night (2nd Thursday of the month) so we were there.

Barry
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

Garrett booster

Sorry guys... John and I went for a drive to get some food and I followed him right to Big Beaver where he got on 75??? I just kept following. I am sorry for not saying good bye, I thought we were coming back???

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

haha! u guys beat me to posting about the laser getting pullled over! that was too funny.... he couln't have picked a better parking lot! lol! that laser was cccccccclllleeeeeaan! i'll have my pics up soon to add. me and timmy were tag teaming again. this one arm thig sucks! :P

it was great to get to see everyone!!!

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

ok here's some of mine/tim's from last night!

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

the rest of them are here:
    http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...eet/?start=all

it was great time!

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Looks like a good time! Sweet pics! Lotsa Fire Birds, Mustangs and Camaros there?

This one is neat, nice chrome

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Hybrid booster

1 of dodgeshadowchiks photo:

these guys are from exceedspeed.com a detroit based street car forum and were dressed up like the blues brothers, very funny!

that was pretty funny!! too bad the photo was blurry!

Garrett booster

Great pics, I saved a bunch of them, thanks.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast