Thread: Ladybug60 Build - Fixed Idle - Fixed misses during Cruise - Fixes knock at 10PSI

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Ladybug60 Build - Fixed Idle - Fixed misses during Cruise - Fixes knock at 10PSI

Hi,

I have managed to get Ladybug60 running on my car without the Idle Issue, without the misses at 55-60Mph and without getting that knock which some of you and I were getting at rd. 3500 RPM and 10PSI of boost.

This is by no means an intend to reinvent Ladybug. It is basically Ladybug60 as it was invented but with some corrections.

There are no added features!

The cal runs on a 1989 Daytona Turbo 2 with stock Engine, stock Head and Stock IC and Intake/Airbox (allthough modified IC Piping).
    Modifications of relevance for the cal are +40 Injectors, 3 BAr Map and ported Exhaust Manifold. I also run a T3/T4 46 Trim Hybrid, 2.5" SV and 3" Full Exhaust with Cat and Muffler.

The Zip File Contains the tuned Calibration (calx) and the base .ASM File.
    The base .ASM file ONLY contains the fixes for idle, NOT the fixes which have led to resolve above mentioned Problems.

The .asm File is flaged for 2.2 Engine with Manual Trans and the Staging Limiter enabled!

... Please see last Post with new attachments...
    Last edited by MopàrBCN; 07-24-2008 at 11:32 AM.
    Let's play cars.....:bump2: [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2909181"]Visit my ride[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hybrid booster

Re: Ladybug60 Build - Fixed Idle - Fixed misses during Cruise - Fixes knock at 10PSI

Awesome; great job. I'll have to give it a run.
    No fun cars any more :(

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Ladybug60 Build - Fixed Idle - Fixed misses during Cruise - Fixes knock at 10PSI

Hi,

I have now done an awful lot of testing with thausands of timing changes etc. and there are only 2 outcomes:

1. You can retard the timing from RPM and thus nearly eliminate the CEL coming on indicating knock. But then you loose performance considerably.

2. You leave the timing as it is. Now, provided, pumping efficiency and Fueling is all set correctly you still will experience the CEL comming on. However, I have done now a long trip test (nearly 1000 miles) and I can assure you, that once the engine is really warmed up the CEL does not come on any more!!! The only change I have done on the final cal I am using right now is retarding the AdvanceFromRpm 1 Degree on the last 2 points.

Now, in my case I had to do a lot of tweaking on my Pumping Efficiency Table (we are talking about at least 14 builds until I got it right). I basically followed the fueling guides in Chem2 to get my fueling set up initially. However, besides that I scaled all correctly I ended up very lean after all at part throttle. The dyno data I had did not match up at all with the targets set in Chem2.

So here I only had those ways of going on about this:

1. Raising Fuelpressure
    2. Raising the Injector Pulses in the fuel table
    3. Adjusting Pumping Efficiency

I opted for the last one since I (rightly) guessed that changing PE will eventually correct all issues at one place. However, it also is the most difficult one since I have no hard data. So trial and error was the way to go.

In my case I noticed that I had to raise PE at nearly all RPMs. The only changes to my set up that I am aware of that they affect PE are a ported exhaust manifold and a larger exhaust.

The result of the effort is a well balanced cal, where fueling is concerned. It is slightly rich at Idle and Part Throttle and it seams spot on at full throttle.

EGTs are:

Full Throttle Acceleration in 3rd until red line: 1450º
    Part Throttle Cruise in 5th at 90 MPH (long ride!): 1350º - 1450º depending on load (uphill/downhill)
    Part Throttle Cruise in 5th at 55 MPH : 1200º - 1300º depending on load (uphill/downhill)
    Idle: 800-900º
    City Driving: 1000º - 1100º

Performance wise I am very happy. Fuel Economy is absolutely acceptable. At 90 MPH I am using exactly 9 liters every 100 km (not sure how that translates to MPG) but it is a good economy rating.

I am reaching 203 km/h (measured with GPS, the speedo shows 215 km/h) at rd. 4000 RPM @ 10PSI of boost. At this point the car still pulls strong. Sadly I had the speed limiter activated when I was testing this so actutally I do not know how far it would have gone.

The A/F Ratios in Chem2 match nearly 1:1 my A/F Readings (PLX Devices)

The .asm is the base cal which only solves the idle and miss issue but does not do PE, Fuel and Timing. I also changed the Battery Offset in Chem2.

If you build this you will have to scale injectors in chem2 and adjust fueling to match the green fueling guides. Then you have to adjust PE, Boost etc.

If your set-up is near mine (89 2.2 Turbo II, Stock Swirl Head, ported Exhaust Manifold, 3" Exhaust, 2.5" sv, t3/t4 Hybrid with 46 Trim) you may try to use my cal data or at least check my PE Table for reference.

Cal Data uploaded as well...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MopàrBCN; 07-25-2008 at 03:59 PM.
    Let's play cars.....:bump2: [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2909181"]Visit my ride[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]